It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Muslim Groups Take Out Advert In Daily Telegraph

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The Muslim Council for Britain has taken out a full page advert wholly condemning the Paris attacks in the Daily Telegraph so other news sources are reporting.
Evening Standard
The Guardian

Unfortunately the online version of the Telegraph doesn't show adverts which is a pity but the links above show it in full.

Now before people jump in and say this shouldn't be necessary, we know this, but I do believe this will do some good particularly as at last, this action has made the msm. What's more the advert is signed by both Sunni and Shia Muslims which again can only be good. The one niggle I have with the advert is it pays homage to the mysterious stadium security guard with the muslim sounding name who reportedly turned away a terrorist, this has however been proven to be incorrect. The guard in question was in fact relaying the story as told to him by another guard.

Yes it shouldn't be necessary but the fact that the MCB have at last taken action and spoken out loud and clear, can hopefully make some headway in dissipating the threat of retaliation against Muslim civilians in the UK at least and perhaps see and end to the constant calls for Muslims to speak up

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I think ppl should keep their religion to themselves.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I agree its a personal matter so should be kept at home or in church/mosque etc but unfortunately people like to parade their beliefs

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

unfortunately people like to parade their beliefs

Then Build a church.
Then Build a bigger church.
The build Churches.
Then influence masses.
Then influence governments.
Then try to influence other governments
Then try to influence other masses.

Yeah, they should keep it to themselves huh?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Applause for the Muslim council . Sadly they will never be able to do enough , well short of going over and fighting Isis . Even that would be twisted i think .

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Hold that thought, don't speak too soon!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Don't worry it won't be them who takes care of the problem it will be the west and more than likely primarily a large force of American troops who will clean house. It's the way it is, this time I think will be different, and a true occupation will occur until these countries resemble something like mordern day Germany, and while we are at it we might break ties with Saudi, who knows I would like to believe that a larger coalition of forces will join together but regardless the west will clean house soon, and many will hate us for it but I do not believe it will matter, and I do believe history will shine a light on us for these choices.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

The Muslim Council for Britain has taken out a full page advert wholly condemning the Paris attacks in the Daily Telegraph.....

If true, and I have no reason to think that it isn't, then I commend the MCB......but that still doesn't excuse those who quietly turn a blind eye to the activities in their communities of those who actively support via funding or other means those who commit these acts of terrorism.

Yes, many in the Muslim world disagree with the extremists and their methods but there are many more who are complicit in their silence and refusal to inform on their fellow Muslims who they are led to believe they owe allegiance to no matter what.

I have the utmost respect for Muslims who have the courage and strength to publicly condemn these acts....its the millions who maintain their silence who I have a problem with.
edit on 18/11/15 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I understand the stance that the MCB have taken and understand also that one of the main reasons for this advert was not wholly due to the Paris & other incidents, but also due to the anticipated rise in reprisals against Muslims in the UK. There have been a couple of reported incidents already, but I'm glad to say not the huge uprising I thought there would be...yet.

What I am most concerned about in this situation, is it seems from reading as much as I can and speaking to a few locals, the older generation are very disturbed and worried about Daesh, reprisals and their faith, the younger teenagers (boys mainly) are the worry...I've seen dreadful talk on social media from young Muslim teens, some even glorifying Daesh and praying for a Sharia Europe. The older generation I think have lost control of their children, again particularly the boys, and its this age group that will be the problem I think

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Here is an idea . The " west " plays nice with each other for a period of time , yes i am including Russia and China in the west . They get together and drive the terrorists towards the Saudis , those that want to fight , fight , if they surrender they can face a Shia or Yazidi court , or maybe a Chinese one for that matter . Let the Saudis take care of their own trash , and they will for they dont want their bastard love children back .

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
No peaceful and law abiding person should EVER have to apologize for the criminal acts of others.

I don't apologize for owning guns just because another asshole decided to shoot up a school.

edit on -06:00Wed, 18 Nov 2015 23:48:19 -0600201518America/Chicago2015-11-18T23:48:19-06:0030vx11 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Taqiyya, they know the people are not swallowing the peaceful islam rhetoric anymore.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Hmm, some interesting hypocrisy going on in this thread right now.

There have be sooooo many posts saying why are Muslims not condemning terrorist activities. We have an example of it and it's not good enough?

I'm as vocal and anti radical Islam as the best of you, but let's give credit where credit is due. I think it's about time the moderates spoke up and I congratulate them for doing so.
edit on 19-11-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Some ATS members won't be happy until they see concentration camps and mushroom clouds.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

What took them so long?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Nope just islam out of Europe will do me .

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Some ATS members won't be happy until they see concentration camps and mushroom clouds.

Not even then lol

What the hell?! These are supposed to be CONCENTRATION camps not fricken HOLIDAY camps!!!! Why are we feeding them??? They look too fat!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I hope I do not fall under that some members because I am completely against that in everyway just to make that clear.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCooper71

Nope just islam out of Europe will do me .
How do you intend to round them all up and identify them? Your talking over a couple of million people here.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pretty much advocating for the worst crimes against humanity of the 20th century as a solution to the first European crisis of the 21sr century. It appears history class didn't appeal to a lot of members here.
edit on 19-11-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join