It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 30 Paris Muslims in City of 224,000 Muslims Turn Out to Protest Bloody ISIS Attacks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Have you ever gone to protest against something you are against? Does it mean that you're for something that a protest is about? Furthermore, I don't see anyone who puts Islam on trial noticing that there aren't millions of Muslims coming out to support Daesh. I mean you think they would if they all want to kill us.
edit on 11/18/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I agree I don't care wether they are protesting or not and quite frankly it's a liberal talking point to argue it either way. It's besides the point and has little to do with what must be done.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013
a reply to: UnBreakable

Your opening words are correct. It is not true. There have been many Parisian Muslims who have made public demonstrations that they are against the Daesh, even before the attacks a few days ago. The linked source is quite notorious for news disinformation. There are many such websites like this catering to a narrow minded audience.

Across Europe there are Muslims making their voices be known that they do not welcome the Daesh.
In Neighborhood Tied To Paris Attackers, Muslims Rally Against ISIS

The AINA website also looks suspect.

Shame he didnt take any photos, if the MSM isnt doing a good enough job of documenting the plyght of the moderate muslim

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Kali74

I agree I don't care wether they are protesting or not and quite frankly it's a liberal talking point to argue it either way. It's besides the point and has little to do with what must be done.

Which would be what?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Well brother, you are going to disagree with me and that is ok. However I believe a occupation is probably the correct choice practically, but I also believe if we could totally leave the Middle East and not engage at all and contain them to their world, so they can fix their problems amongst themselves that would be the correct option (when I say "them" I'm talking about fundlementalist Islam and middle eastern Islam) however that is ideological and I know it's not what will occur, so you must approach this practically and strategically.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Seeing how most of Frnace's 4.7 million Muslims live in poor areas, read: ghetto, maybe they are but the news doesn't report from the ghetto.

Likely cannot afford to travel and take time off from work to show up like a bourgeois or some paid protester.

Or show up and risk not only that, but also being detained, mocked and over scrutinized.

Where does France stand where rather than making it easier for the muslims to feel safe and come out in support and making it safer for a larger turnout, there is increased skepticism instead?

People forget to or maybe have no experience in expressing empathy. Its a shame all the good arabs and muslims
have to live like Japanese in U.S. during WWII while already sub-classed into ghettos simply because the IMF needs an arab Boogey Man to justify the destruction of Syria and to sell the nation's infrastructure back to them on US/EURO dollar loans.

The elite need to cut their # out because its beyond acceptable. The xenophobia, the hysteria, the war they are cultivating to conduct this atrocity. Even the elite won't be able to hide when their games go haywire.

And I give my Condolences to the Paris Terror attack victims and the French as a whole; White, Black Asian and Arab French alike.

P.S.

I tend not to speak lately as there is too much fear and hysteria alongside ramping up oppression and fascism for there to be net benefits aside from just driving myself and my voice against the screams of war. But I feel okay enough today to write this post, and thus I will write; Fascism is mounting up from every corner of the globe that isn't already in a state of war with injustices abound all while the elite rake up their profits.

I ask no one to burn themselves out or embrace martyr hood in attempt to stop this torrent with their bodies or their lives. The result is just tragic for yourself and the world and in that if you think anyone listens in these times, the hordes of people don't listen, they are instead terrified.... They can hear you and will willfully misunderstand just about every time. The the terror campaign is in full swing, and the propaganda is working....

How shameful that the elite have engineered most of you to chant in unison, hateful obscene things at their beck and call, manipulating you like tools of destruction to their own profits. Synchronous movements in socioeconomic spectrum as they move their wealth like a parasitic worm from place to place, stacking up the chess pieces in their favor for global financial dominance with occult dates for synchronous movements alike, the actions of which relatively are the only actions taking place on the macroeconomic scale thanks to such success in their engineered chaos designed otherwise to drown out moves not synchronous in atrociousness or privy to occult dates.

Now it's time to get back to work because my savings are depleting. To shout against the winds of hysteria is to dampen any lingering energy I have remaining after dealing with the fear infused, sociallistically enforced imperial financial authoritarian class based service economy republic of corporations for the creditor and owner back at home.

God bless all of you and remember to take it easy on all of yourselves and the others. Especially in these times.

The human soul is like a flame, sometimes seeming to weaken, but often the brightest flare up comes when it is presumed to have just blown out. With these times fresh in our minds and our history, we serve the best chance of making such that life for all human beings are valued on the road ahead. Remember, the power comes from you. The value of the dollar comes from your belief in it. Our belief in it.

One can only wonder what kind of end game the current power brokers have in mind when they are willing to see the world as a place where people should be treated and disposed of, forsaken in ways such that they are less than human.

How despicable...
edit on 2015 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Which is what has been done for decades, intensively for the last 14 years. Would you say this has worked?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I would say that, the occupation of Germany was totally different and handled differently and so was the war, we find ourselves in this position because of our reservations to fully involve ourselves, I will say this one foot in the door and one foot out is not fruitful and countinued the quagmire that we find ourselves in today, wouldn't you agree?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I see where you're going and boots on the ground didn't work either. If you're referring to total bombardment(not nuclear) of the ME the US won't have an ally left after that. It's time to back away. Let THEM deal with it. Want this to end(not that I think many in power want that) take the gloves off of Turkey. Problem solved.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Which is what has been done for decades, intensively for the last 14 years. Would you say this has worked?

Your right it hasn't worked, and now we have who knows how many of these disgruntled indeviduals living amongst us.
I suppose an occupation might entice some of these fighters back to muslim Countries.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Shamrock6
If I were a Muslim in Paris, I wouldn't go near any of those memorials. These 30 guys have balls.

Too bad the other 223,970 don't. Maybe if they did, we wouldn't be in this position.

Yea, too bad. Then again if they did all show up, the response would be "now go do something about IS." And then if they did that, the response would be "what took you so long?" And on and on and on because Muslim. Of course, if we hadn't thrown all the leaders of IS in prison together and let them sit around shooting the breeze, we wouldn't be here either.

Gobsmacked that 30 guys did something utterly spontaneous and the response is "well all the other Muslims should've known immediately and dropped everything to do the same."
edit on 18-11-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
This can't possibly be true. I'm told that the majority of Muslims are against the violence that ISIS perpetrates. The source and it's author have an agenda for sure. I'm sure the true number was at least twice that.

"A small group of around 30 French Muslims from Bangladesh joined mourners in the Place de la Republique in Paris to protest the bloody ISIS attacks.
Approximately 10-15% of Paris is Muslim or at least 224,000 people.
Only 30 felt moved enough to protest the ISIS massacre."
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

1) Protests have been banned in Paris until the 22nd Nov
2) A Muslim walking into an illegal protest is going probably going to cause panic to others or get shot by police
3) There's also the fear of reprisal attacks

You need to pay strict attention to the context and facts to stop falling for propaganda.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Exactly. Willful xenophobes cannot be appeased. It doesn't even occur to them how irrational it is to place demands.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Look, I disagree the US would still have nato, people suggest an underlying element of control to a conspiratorial end. We can see through this argument, why we have a stalemate and a quagmire, it's not because some deep evil force is planning to take over the world. It's because we respect human rights and we should, however we also do that at the sacrifice to strategic maneuver.

Let me ask you is war appropriate, should we ever Goto war? The answer is no we shouldn't, and I believe that and I believe we can work on a world that becomes unified whilst protecting cultures within the peaceful elements, with that said because we have a world where war is precedence where sides do have value, and energy is obtained from a finite resource, we must work to protect the west because of the freedoms and compromise that are paramount here.

So that means I take the west side, after that you must consider what is the most strategic and prudent way too fight a war. Anyway thank you for the dialoug and I want a peaceful world and I don't want innocents killed, we have different views on how to achieve these things.
edit on 18-11-2015 by TechniXcality because: Spelling mistakes

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dam00

originally posted by: Avicenne
I wonder how many hugs he got.

Muslim man blindfolds himself in the centre of Paris for a life-affirming social experiment

The unnamed Muslim stood in the French capital’s Place de la République blindfolded with a sign that read: “I’m a Muslim but I’m told that I’m a terrorist. I trust you, do you trust me? If yes, hug me.”

link

Op should change the thread title to about 31 then, what is your point.
From the OP: Approximately 10-15% of Paris is Muslim or at least 224,000 people.

I would have been impressed with a hundred, going with ATS tradition "photo or it didn't happen.

some one also mentioned above that they may be afraid of reprisals. from an apparent minority shows how little faith they have in thier fellow moderate muslim to me

Common sense.

My point is.. how do you know the exact number of Muslim that showed up ?
Are they wearing a star and a crescent on their jackets ?

Like I say. . Don't believe everything you read. Makes you dumb with no critical thinking skills.

Anyway, believe what you want but the article is a joke and it's just fueling more hate.

edit on 18-11-2015 by Avicenne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The article (if you can call it that) doesn't say how may people, period, showed up to protest. Maybe these 30 Muslims made up 25% of those in attendance. How many muslims should have shown up? Was this a large publicized event or a relatively small event?

Do you attend every protest for every issue that you do not support? Muslims have jobs and lives just like any other and often life puts limits on how you can use your time. Paris is a city of 2.25 million people. If less than 1 million Parisians showed up to the protest does that mean the majority of Parisians support terror?

Pure rubbish.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Ha ha ha! If my agenda is calling out agenda driven dribble sites like TGP or DM, then guilty as charged. I've never heard of "aina" and I'm sure you only found them doing a quick google search to support this non article from TGP.

The perps of agenda are your sources, it's as simple as that. Are you a regular reader of TGP?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

It's a liberal talking point? The source is a hard core conservative blog. So it's a conservative talking point.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Does a picture and 3 sentences make a source? As they say in French, "C'est merde."

Exactly. Can you mods have a meeting and discuss treating TGP like Beforeitsnews?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I guess you don't understand what I meant, and let me explain as we all know typically misunderstanding is an artifact in the presentation not the audience, and I appologize. The point of wether Muslims agree or disagree protest or don't protest has been raised again and again by liberals they use the terms not "all" and they make sure you split hairs, and the republicans argue right along side them and say see! It's rediculous I think both sides are rediculous, and beside the point. That is all

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join