It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you have read the Quran?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I read part of it...translated. It didn't seem to be a bad book. I don't see much to justify the actions lately by radical terrorists in what I have read so far. They do have a clause where it is allowable to do Jhad if there is a threat to their people but Mohammad actually liked diplomacy to work out disputes, so that should be used first. Now I know that the USA is kind of pushy and so are other countries, but they aren't trying to hurt the good people of these countries. They just want to capitalize on them, but they just have to say no. These radical sects of Islam are actually causing their own people to be in more danger. They want their own people to die so they can gain power. This is not what Mohammad would have wanted.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Ya I heard that before...Got to blame Bush or Obama, but it takes something much bigger to turn men into evil killing machines even if it means their own lives.

It's not our politics I was referring to. There is a huge reason the founders of the US did not want religious tests for office, did not want to create any possibility for politics to take over religion and vice versa.

The political Islam of the Middle East is what I was referring to.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hey Muslim here.

Glad you decided to ignore the resident ATS Islamic Scholars and decided to read it for your self!

That's the best thing to do.

If you have any questions about certain vs feel free to message me and ill be able to help you out.

I recomend the yusuf ali addition.

Kap

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The Koran, in my opinion, is a book custom made to be the entirety of your code of conduct and moral perspective. You can hand over your decision making to it far more easily than you could with regards any other religious text. It offers no real personal development, but as with any absolute faith a measure of comfort can be obtained simply by giving yourself to something else.

It is a joyless and militant book that makes the same kind of vague claims of single perspective justice, as do some other religious texts. If you wish to find genuine spiritual guidance in historical religious figures, you need to look to Buddha and Christ - not, I hasten to add - Buddhism or Christianity.

You can kill in the name of a book or Queen and country; you can be told what to think by priest, professor, the press or politicians, but your sins are your sins and nobody else's: if a blind man leads a blind man, they will both fall into a pit.

All true wisdom is of self-realisation - everything else is mere faith.

Blessed are those that stand solitary; blessed are those that are persecuted in their own minds.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula
For anyone interested

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter. Unlike nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence, the verses of violence in the Quran are mostly open-ended, meaning that they are not restrained by the historical context of the surrounding text. They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subject to interpretation as anything else in the Quran.

Just a quick question, have you read it?
www.thereligionofpeace.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ectospasm

I was given a copy by a Muslim neighbour in Dundee as a gift for taking a parcel delivery for him, it seemed a bit rude not to read it. It was tough going, not something I could sit and read for hours at a time. It's also quite repetative, when I did go back to read it I sometimes thought I was at the wrong part as I was reading someonthing I had already read...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I have a very beautiful copy someone sent me from Afghanistan. I use it for reference, mostly.
I've tried to read it but find it tedious.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Quite a few of the replies have stated that there was a lot of repetition, what was being repeated?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
I have a very beautiful copy someone sent me from Afghanistan. I use it for reference, mostly.
I've tried to read it but find it tedious.

As are almost all religious texts.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I will not waste my time with no Bible, Quran, Torah and/or any other such nonsensical religious literature.
Until a “book” is discovered that is:

1. Readable to any reader; changes automatically to the language/thought of the reader.
2. Indestructible, no force of nature or of man can destroy it.
3. Indisputable; no entry can be proven wrong of facts and truths and historical events
4. Future events are unfolding in exact sequence with precise accuracies to details.
5. Contains no parable and nothing subject to interpretations.
6. Explains inexplicable the universe origins and the purpose of life.

Then and only then, I would be compelled to read such a book…written by a GOD.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: toktaylor
I will not waste my time with no Bible, Quran, Torah and/or any other such nonsensical religious literature.
Until a “book” is discovered that is:

1. Readable to any reader; changes automatically to the language/thought of the reader.
2. Indestructible, no force of nature or of man can destroy it.
3. Indisputable; no entry can be proven wrong of facts and truths and historical events
4. Future events are unfolding in exact sequence with precise accuracies to details.
5. Contains no parable and nothing subject to interpretations.
6. Explains inexplicable the universe origins and the purpose of life.

Then and only then, I would be compelled to read such a book…written by a GOD.

Maybe you should give this book a go.

It should meet all your criteria.
edit on 18-11-2015 by sirChill because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2015 by sirChill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sirChill

No...that should be on the same shelve as all the other religious texts, FICTION.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: toktaylor
a reply to: sirChill

No...that should be on the same shelve as all the other religious texts, FICTION.

Deal with it, you walked right into that one.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

As are almost all religious texts.

Oh yes, I find the Bible tedious too. I've read it already, but only once. As I said, too tedious.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

An interesting thing about it, is where there is belief that the individual who had been crucified on the cross, was not Jesus, but someone who resembled him..

It seems as though according to Islam, Jesus the prophet safely escaped..

Also the personnage of his mother Miriam, is likewise interestingly interpreted..

I have to review those pieces of information nonetheless..

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

No one in the west trained these people to be as they are, but there is something driving them to do acts that have not been seen since the dark ages.

Bombs. Lots of bombs…

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think that all people over the world should read the Quran from the beginning. I have tried to come thru it but my awareness get annoyed at the manipulation/brainwashing thru faith and start to look for logical mistakes. It do not follow the universal golden rule an therefor is spiritually flawed.

So is Paul:s part in the bible.

Have read Rumi and love it. Have read some of Nanaks teachings and love what I have read. Have read Buddha and see amazing brightness. Have read Yeshua and see how he in his own way teach the same symbiotic way of living. Read some Bhagavad Gita and continued to see deep thoughts.

As always read it yourself and make up your own mind and question everything on all levels.
edit on 18-11-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You cannot tell a majority population that their interpretation of their own faith is wrong and yours is right.

Right. So where in the western "faith" does it say its alright to invade, conquer and occupy other countries?

It has little to do with faith. if anything conquerors hide behind faith (or religion) to justify the most horrendous acts.
On both sides.

We can dispense with all that and call it what it is, war. And each side uses religion (God is on our side) to fool people about ewwhat they are really up to.

The only thing left is to consider who is offensive and whom is defensive. Are the afghans defending their faith or their country. Anyone that tells you over there they are doing it for allah is lying. They are dong it for their freedom. Either that or they are collaborating with the enemy…. the US military.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Just so people are clear, the Hadiths are like op-ed opinion pieces on how to interpret parts of the Koran, and purported "dialogues of the prophet" -- they're 2nd hand accounts that aren't included in the Koran. Its like a "companion book".

Many Hadiths contradict one another, and its because of the Hadiths radical clerics can twist Islam into something else. A lot of the undesirable aspects of Islam Westerners see comes from the selective use of Hadiths.

People seem to get stuff written in a Hadith confused with it being from the actual Koran. The fact of the matter is, there's debate over the authenticity of some Hadiths, and even if some of them are false and self-serving.

I'd be wary of any Islamic scholar that relies to heavily on the Hadiths.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I have nothing against muslims, I have sunni friends and shia family and relatives, here and in their home country where I have visited many times.

I respect them, they respect me.

I have read the quaran, and I did not like it. Too many rules and warnings and the book just felt... like a rule book and if you broke these rules God/Allah would punish you.
I don't agree with most of their religion yet some to a degree I do agree with.

In my heart though I feel everyone is intitled to their own belief, religion and should have the right to practise it as long as it doesnt¨ inflict harm on others.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join