It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone working on Thanksgiving? How do you feel about it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Blame yourselves.

As someone noted, consumers want to be able to shop on Thanksgiving.

i love, and i mean LOVE riding through the mall parking lot, the wal mart lot, target, etc etc and staring/oogling at all the dumb asses standing in line starting at noon freezing their asses off.
some people have lawn chairs and the whole deal.
i get a major kick out of slowly riding by and mad dogging them.
this will be the 3rd year in a row for it.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If there wasnt holiday shopping, nor black fridays, or whatever, many many people would simply be unemployed.

People work 365/7/24 because they have to or want to.

I do, because it is the right thing to do for my family. And they deserve the security in knowing I am not going to whine about it. I am just going to do it and get it done.
edit on 18-11-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm retired now but when I was working my last job was with USPS at the North Texas Postal & Distribution Center in Coppell TX. I worked almost every holiday including very late into one Xmas eve as we were mandated to do so. It wasn't a happy situation as I missed a bunch of family and great meals but it did pay the bills. I agree with some of the posters that Thanksgiving and Xmas should be family time. Kudos to Chic-Fillet for closing on Sundays. My best to all,

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
You're looking at the bright side and that's what is most important: focusing on your daughter.

It still sucks you have to work the holiday though.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: airforce47

seems like the only time i get a hankering for chic filet is on a sunday when i cant get it
its a major bummer
they have this lemonade icee type deal happening that i would murder for. goes famously with their nuggets

top topics

<< 1   >>

join