It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not all muslim are terrorists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen
... still 90% of terrorists are muslims.

You made this statistic up on the spot. It's also wildly incorrect. Funny how a completely unsubstantiated (and completely unrealistic) statistic like this got so many stars and not questions demanding proof of your claims.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You made this statistic up on the spot. It's also wildly incorrect. Funny how a completely unsubstantiated (and completely unrealistic) statistic like this got so many stars and not questions demanding proof of your claims

I back you up on this ... I feel it is important that real facts are known rather than knee jerk wild lies

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

You made this statistic up on the spot. It's also wildly incorrect. Funny how a completely unsubstantiated (and completely unrealistic) statistic like this got so many stars and not questions demanding proof of your claims.

So what's the real number? If I had to guess I would say that 85% + of all terrorist attacks can be attributed to Muslims (in the last 10 years). I shouldn't guess, but since you're now a champion of Islam, break it down for us plebs. You saying it's not the right number doesn't make it not the right number.

I read about Muslim extremists slaughtering people every day. I get that Christians do too. So do other religions. Muslims are the freaking problem, and that doesn't mean all of them, but the majority of the problems are directly related to Islam. Look at a world map, throw a dart, and Muslims are a problem.

Stop sugar coating it. it's not ALL muslims, but it's a TON of muslims.

The scary thing is that a large number of so called moderate muslims agree with the atrocities we're seeing. It's terrifying. Perhaps they don't support it actively, but research shows a disturbing number of muslims tacitly agree with murder, beheadings, and all the other nonsense going on. You ask a "moderate muslim" they're not going to tel you they cheered behind closed doors. You give them a poll and you see some truly disturbing stuff.

It's suicide to allow muslims to flood into our countries. They hate us, they would love to see us all converted or killed.

SkepticOverlord is NOT an authority on extremism. You are not stupid if you worry about refugees. Don't automatically hate muslims, but don't pretend that an influx of people previously mired in violence and hate aren't going to be a problem when they are thrust upon us and forced to segregate. I don't want to deny people a safe harbor, but I want to know those we're accepting are truly vetted.

Really think about this kids, does it make sense to bring in a ton of people we can't truly investigate while we have our own problems with people starving and living in tents? My state has declared a state of emergency because we have so many homeless, but wants to ring in a to of refugees. I want them to come here to if they're safe, but I think we need to make sure we're feeding and housing that insane number of local residents first. I'm glad I don't have to make that call, but really, what's the right one here?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I nearly made a thread about that.

Because the media are always pumping out that "cut short" verse and because they don`t quote the very next verse under it, (and there a heck of a lot more throughout ) which says..

Quran
5:33
. The punishment for those who fight God and His Messenger, and strive to spread corruption on earth, is that they be killed, or crucified, or have their hands and feet cut off on opposite sides, or be banished from the land. That is to disgrace them in this life; and in the Hereafter they will have a terrible punishment.
www.clearquran.com...

Those punishments still happen in some Islamic countries.

Or this guy explains it as well, he posted it, in the wake of the Paris attacks. ( also he has a lot of shortish vids about the Quran that are worth the watch)

This is mainstream media either they havn`t looked a little deeper or they are flat out duping us...

How can a person go about, ruthlessly shooting and taking the lives of innocent people, claiming to be a part of an Islamic Group? Just because they take the name of God, doesn't really mean they believe in Him. They certainly do not believe in a religion which means "Peace". If your religion defies and prevents you from murdering and assassinating, then how can you assert and testify that you are a Muslim?

Allah mentions in the Qur'an
"... whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.
(Surah Al-Maida Chapter 5 verse 32)
The Huffington Post

"They certainly do not believe in a religion which means "Peace". If your religion defies and prevents you from murdering and assassinating, then how can you assert and testify that you are a Muslim?"

Um?? that would be because their religion Islam doesn't mean" peace" nor does it forbid them from killing if you read it a bit more, it has a lot of the similar, it means submit to their Allah and Islam from the writings and laws of their so called prophet. non believers ( atheists )would be killed Pagans slaughtered Jew and Christian would be forced to pay a special tax if refused then they are to fight them.

And no I am not saying all Muslims want to blow us up.

It can be read though that the extremist/radicals are real Muslims, isis has 3000 sex slaves , beheadings mass killings etc etc

How do you tell between a terrorist or peaceful Muslim that doesn`t want to do harm to anyone or strive for sharia law?

The ones who want hugs?

edit on 18-11-2015 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

2%. It's interesting that you deflect and say I'm wrong without actually researching the topic yourself. Instead you rely on the message that the media presents to you to pull a number out of thin air. Deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: rajas

Not all muslim are terrorists

Right, and not all terrorists are Muslim...and not all of any one group are the same thing.

That's called stereotyping, and it's a tool of the ignorant and uneducated.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I noticed that your 2% thread was taken of America, are you another American who thinks the world doesn`t exist beyond your shores, see if you can come up with another figure and make sure you include countries that are mostly Muslim.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

Here's Europe:
Less Than 2 Percent Of Terrorist Attacks In The E.U. Are Religiously Motivated

More evidence:
Claim that all or most terrorists are Muslims ignores history & reality - update 8/20/2015

By the way, can you tell me the difference between a Muslim terrorist who is religiously motivated and one that is politically motivated and just happens to be Muslim?

PS: feel free to actually post some counter-evidence and not just dismiss all this with just your opinion. I'd like to actually have a legit debate about this instead of someone just yelling at me and telling me I'm wrong for once. Though that all starts with actual counter evidence and not just your opinion.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The EU is not the ME, or is their population mostly Muslim.

and no of coarse I cannot tell the difference, for what ever reason it maybe, that a Muslim takes out innocent peoples lives.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

Damn! No counter evidence. Oh well. I guess I got my hopes up. Oh well. Cya later.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Ok dude skewing numbers to represent your case isn't very beneficial, let's be real here, from Wikipedia sighting polls on extreme views held world wide in the Muslim communities, sorry if you do not like wiki however they have gathered the information directly from polls and neatly packaged it strange huh?

link

According to an ICM Research poll in 2006, 20% of British Muslims felt sympathy with the July 7 terrorist bombers' "feelings and motives", although 99 per cent thought the bombers were wrong to carry out the atrocity.[24] In another poll by NOP Research, almost one in four British Muslims believe that the 7/7 attacks on London were justified.[25] In a Pew Research study from 2006, at least 1 in 4 respondents in the Muslim nations surveyed, except Turkey, had at least some confidence in Bin Laden. Confidence in Bin Laden was 16% or less among Muslims in the four European nations surveyed.[26] In a 2007 Pew Research poll in response to a question on whether suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilian targets to defend Islam could be justified,[27] in Europe: 64% of Muslims in France believed it could never be justified, 19% believed it could be justified rarely, 10% sometimes, and 6% thought it could be justified often. 70% of Muslims in Britain believed it could never be justified, 9% believed it could be justified rarely, 12% sometimes, and 3% thought it could be justified often. 83% of Muslims in Germany believed it could never be justified, 6% believed it could be justified rarely, 6% sometimes, and 1% thought it could be justified often. 69% of Muslims in Spain believed it could never be justified, 9% believed it could be justified rarely, 10% sometimes, and 6% thought it could be justified often. In mainly Muslim countries: 45% of Muslims in Egypt believed it could never be justified, 25% believed it could be justified rarely, 20% sometimes, and 8% thought it could be justified often. 61% of Muslims in Turkey believed it could never be justified, 9% believed it could be justified rarely, 14% sometimes, and 3% thought it could be justified often. 43% of Muslims in Jordan believed it could never be justified, 28% believed it could be justified rarely, 24% sometimes, and 5% thought it could be justified often. 28% of Muslims in Nigeria believed it could never be justified, 23% believed it could be justified rarely, 38% sometimes, and 8% thought it could be justified often. 69% of Muslims in Pakistan believed it could never be justified, 8% believed it could be justified rarely, 7% sometimes, and 7% thought it could be justified often. 71% of Muslims in Indonesia believed it could never be justified, 18% believed it could be justified rarely, 8% sometimes, and 2% thought it could be justified often. John Esposito, using poll data from Gallup, wrote in 2008 that Muslims and Americans were equally likely to reject violence against civilians. He also found that those Muslims who support violence against civilians are no more religious than Muslims who do not.[28] A 2010 Zogby poll reported that 69% of American Muslims supported stronger laws to fight terrorism.[29] A 2013 Pew Research Center poll asked Muslims around the world whether attacks on civilians were justified. Globally 72% of Muslims said violence against civilians is never justified, and in the US, 81% of Muslims opposed such violence. About 14% of Muslims in the nations surveyed (and 8% of Muslims in the US) said violence against civilians is "often" or "sometimes" justified. 26% of Muslims in Bangladesh believe attacks are either somewhat justified or often justified, 18% in Malaysia, 7% in Iraq, 15% in Jordan, 29% in Egypt, 39% in Afghanistan and 40% in the Palestinian territories.[30][31][32] The survey did not include some Muslim nations, such as Iran, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Yemen, Syria, and Libya, but did include densely populated Muslim countries such as Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt, Nigeria and Indonesia.[33] According to a 2007 poll conducted by the PolicyExchange think tank in Britain, nearly 60% said they would prefer to live under British law, while 37% of 16- to 24-year-olds said they would prefer sharia law, against 17% of those over 55. Also, 36%[34] of 16- to 24-year-olds British Muslims believed that those converting to another religion should be executed. Less than a fifth of those over 55 think so.[35]

Are you going to try to tell me this is not indicative of anything or a problem? Stop this bull# you aren't "fighting the good fight" you are just trying to deflect and I know you think you are right, in this case you are wrong. There are tenants in Islam that have a direct arrow to the actions we see WORLD WIDE, and you know I don't like any religion, but we are at war with those who use this doctorine and God to commit heinous acts. does that mean that all Muslims are terrorists? No it does not, but some are. Does this mean that others who commit terrorist acts are somehow in the clear, no it does not, there is no excuse for any magic man in the sky or ideological reasons to commit acts of terror.

You know if it were up to me we would leave the Middle East for good, and close borders and contain that world so they can sort their problems out. Since it's not up to me, and since we are already one foot in and one foot out, I refuse to ignore how to strategically handle this war, and if we are not going to leave than a full occupation in the Middle East until the country's resemble modern day Germany or Japan is prudent. Having said all that, we are at war we do have a common enemy the evidence of that can be seen by the attacks, the common thread tying this enemy together is extreme Islam, deny that all you want skirt around it call people bigots what ever but, don't turn a war into a civil rights diatribe, this crap is getting rediculous.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

What is Islam?

Islam is a cultural, religious and political system.
www.politicalislam.com...

Could be argued, does it matter which is the motivation?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

So sympathsizing or agreeing with fundamentalist tenants automatically makes you a terrorist huh? Guess we should start kicking down the door of Westboro Baptist Church and other fundamentalist Christian churches then. I guess this guy needs to be put on a terrorist watch list:

I love it when people pull the "well statistically all these Muslims sympathize with ISIS!" card. Sympathizing with them doesn't make you a terrorist. We don't arrest people for sympathizing with the KKK.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Terrorism always existed but in much smaller ''forms'', it never had such massive consequences in society before,
Terrorism never before consisted of such vast organized numbers of violent delusional people confusing superstitions with reality.

''Less Than 2 Percent Of Terrorist Attacks In The E.U. Are Religiously Motivated ''

So what? and what exactly do they consider as ''Religiously Motivated''?
Furthermore muslim terrorism had more victims than all other 98% political terrorist attacks combined !!!
So that number doesn't prove anything.

By the way, can you tell me the difference between a Muslim terrorist who is religiously motivated and one that is politically motivated and just happens to be Muslim?

Yes one being Muslim have no regrets blowing up, since they go to their virgins afterwards.
Since they don't give a damn about earthy-lives, and their delusional fanaticism has remained the same since the dark ages, they are far more dangerous than any other terrorist group.

Trying to downplay the pain caused by their actions, or advocate the apologists of Islam is not progressive but rather self catastrophic.

We believe in freedom of Speech, freedom of expression, equality, justice and liberty,
All muslims in EU have to respect the above even if, it's in contrast with their religion,
otherwise their dark age traditions and mistreatment of women, are not welcome here.

The muslim in the op should just pray or give respect to the victims just like everyone else
not disrespectfully messing with the feelings of the mourners, seeking for media attention.

That's disgusting...
It's like a neonazi giving hugs to holocaust mourners saying ''not all nazis killed jews''

He is flip-flopping the situation..., presenting muslims as the real victims again...

Trying to defend the believers of the same religious insanity that provoked the terrorists
It is at least disrespectful, for the victims killed in the name of this mass insanity.
After all it was their ''barbaric'' religious ideas and traditions that made their societies miserable in the first place.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula

Terrorism always existed but in much smaller ''forms'', it never had such massive consequences in society before,
Terrorism never before consisted of such vast organized numbers of violent delusional people confusing superstitions with reality.

Defined right, our forefathers would be called terrorists. The Vietcong could also be listed as terrorists too.

So what? and what exactly do they consider as ''Religiously Motivated''?
Furthermore muslim terrorism had more victims than all other 98% political terrorist attacks combined !!!
So that number doesn't prove anything.

No it doesn't. At least not in the EU or the States.

Yes one being Muslim have no regrets blowing up, since they go to their virgins afterwards.
Since they don't give a damn about earthy-lives, and their delusional fanaticism has remained the same since the dark ages, they are far more dangerous than any other terrorist group.

So what's the other one? In fact, which one does that one describe? You just said that one of them is this without saying which is which.

Trying to downplay the pain caused by their actions, or advocate the apologists of Islam is not progressive but rather self catastrophic.

I'm not downplaying anything. I'm TRYING to give a rational and balancing look at things to show that much of the rhetoric out there is based around rampant emotions and fear. You appear to have completely embraced the fear and are willing to believe any lie about Muslims.

We believe in freedom of Speech, freedom of expression, equality, justice and liberty,
All muslims in EU have to respect the above even if, it's in contrast with their religion,
otherwise their dark age traditions and mistreatment of women, are not welcome here.

They are, for the most part, respecting those freedoms. But then we hear about these one or two events and suddenly its ALL muslims are disrespecting our rights and trying to kill us. It's ridiculous. Try some rationality for once. Stop letting your emotions dictate your thoughts. I know these things are enraging, sad, and all sorts of other unpleasant emotions, but you have to try your DAMNEDEST not to let them influence your thought process.

The muslim in the op should just pray or give respect to the victims just like everyone else
not disrespectfully messing with the feelings of the mourners, seeking for media attention.

It's annoying that people such as yourself will speak endlessly about moderate Muslims not doing enough to show they disagree with terrorism, yet when ever it is shown that they ARE doing things to speak out against it, suddenly that's not good enough or you personally attack them. Talk about double standards...

That's disgusting...
It's like a neonazi giving hugs to holocaust mourners saying ''not all nazis killed jews''

He is flip-flopping the situation..., presenting muslims as the real victims again...

Holy #! That's not even CLOSE to an accurate analogy and is actually rather offensive. You just compared ALL Muslims to Nazis. WOW!

Trying to defend the believers of the same religious insanity that provoked the terrorists
It is at least disrespectful, for the victims killed in the name of this mass insanity.
After all it was their ''barbaric'' religious ideas and traditions that made their societies miserable in the first place.

And it's your barbaric and ignorant opinions that are fueling the continuation of hate between us and them.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
Christianity and Islam are both guilty of similar things. They are both an issue, both a problem. That said, Islam is proving to be a bigger threat when it comes to how it's currently manifested. At least, when it concerns violence. That isn't to say Christianity no longer contributes to that.

Since when do Christians cut the heads off people, blow themselves up, or take hostages at public events. Btw...I don't see Christians chanting the name of 'Jesus' in the streets in mass numbers....and since when do you see US or Canadian military soldiers chanting "jesus saved us" after bombing or raiding a terrorist villiage?

I am sorry, but if you take out this religious aspect bullshi* crap from the bigger picture...you can see that the majority of muslims are probably good people...but because they are being brainwashed to use their religion for a bad biblical purpose, it is no wonder all muslims are being stereotyped into radicalised islamists.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
In order to identify terrorist we must look to the facts of the past attacks. You look for commonalities and traits that the terrorist have and when you find one trait that the majority of the terrorist have then you use that to profile the public and identify the terrorist.

Is there a better way to catch them bad guys?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
In order to identify terrorist we must look to the facts of the past attacks. You look for commonalities and traits that the terrorist have and when you find one trait that the majority of the terrorist have then you use that to profile the public and identify the terrorist.

Is there a better way to catch them bad guys?

Firstly, you can start by removing the Burka (in public only; what is worn at their home who cares) on North American soil so we can identify the face.

Secondly, we have to look not for facts, but for ties and online behaviour research trends of people looking to join an terrorist organization. edit: if that means censorship mandatory like in China...so be it.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rajas

A very creative way of trying to heal the hurt.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I could care less if they wear a burka.

usa has went too far down the drain with the whole transgender issue to now start telling people what to wear.

if I had a sexy wife and could convince her to cover her face so everyone in town does not go home and yank there crank to my wife or daughter then I would want her to wear it.

The reason I say this is because we do not know what spiritual effects the mind can have on our soul.

Yes if a person is messaging with isis then steps need to be taken but I believe we are already doing that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join