It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call to Arms in France

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Don't know why you put the updates, of course the tv and radio are on all day here, and we're keeping abreast.

It is great to FINALLY see this being done.

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Given the situation right now I don't see any need to expand the state of emergency. The president didn't use all options the Constitution provides, the most drastic ones remain untouched.
Care to elaborate on that?

Which do you refer to?

All borders closed, curfew in Paris and 1500 soldiers on the streets as of friday. You think that has no effect on the entire country and all commerce whatsoever?

Maybe you don't understand what is meant by the closing down of all services and business?
It means everyone locked in their house. No working, no gas stations, no grocery stores, no post office, no anything.

As it is, life goes on as normal, except for those in near the raids.

Now, since I know intimately muslim people who live in neighborhoods which are terrorized between criminals and extremists, afraid for their children, who have been hoping for this to be done, I cannot share your sentiment.
It's about time France step up.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Mr. Hollande called for quick action by Parliament on new legislation that would give the government more flexibility to conduct police raids without a warrant and place people under house arrest. He said he would seek court advice on broader surveillance powers. And he called for amendments that would enable the state to take exceptional security measures without having to resort to the most drastic options currently in the Constitution.

www.nytimes.com...

That was what I was referring to. Could you elaborate on what exactly he has at his disposal?

It's 5 days after the attacks and the situation seems to be under control, oder did I miss something? Where is the urgency right now to expand said exceptional measures?
Kinda slippery slope. Once expanded it's likely to stay until the Total War is over.

I Appreciate your contributions, best wishes from Censormany!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

And he called for amendments that would enable the state to take exceptional security measures without having to resort to the most drastic options currently in the Constitution.
That was what I was referring to. Could you elaborate on what exactly he has at his disposal?

I did.

It is State of Siege, which would be much more drastic.
I explained that already.

It's 5 days after the attacks and the situation seems to be under control, oder did I miss something? Where is the urgency right now to expand said exceptional measures?
Kinda slippery slope. Once expanded it's likely to stay until the Total War is over.

Oh my goodness... Yes, you have missed a lot, in fact.
Apparently you are totally in the dark about the state of things in France. Things are not AT ALL under control in France. There are more than 4000 jihadi soldiers here. No, they have not all been apprehended these last two days.
It will take longer than two weeks.

I am tired of trying to fill people far away in on what has been happening here.
Rant and rave as much as you want about how you are not okay with other countries way of doing things.
Whatever rocks yer boat.
Carry on.

edit on 19-11-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Such a warm ray of light!

You're pushing hard to paint me in a special light, raising questions regarding the authority is nothing you would approve. Funny sidenote, point taken. And yet you didn't answer a thing regarding my questions, nor did you add/ refute anything in this thread. Talk is cheap, blow me!

The republic destroys the republic and nobody on Ceres cares. Once you give in to demands of the security-state, you'll never get a thing back. You know that, don't you?

There are more than 4000 jihadi soldiers here

More Bollocks to spread fear and hate.
This call to war had to be justified with a lot of propaganda and you just fell for it. Congrats!

edit on 19-11-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

The French National Assembly voted meanwhile to the extension of the state of emergency by three months. MEPs voted on Thursday in Paris for a corresponding article of the draft law. About the law as a whole has not yet voted. In addition, the project nor the consent of the Senate, which on Friday is concerned with needs.

MDR
edit on 19-11-2015 by PublicOpinion because: added quote

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yes.. foolish plebs.. I warned you for years that this exactly was their plan, it is coming to fruition now.. why didn't anyone listen?

Just kidding.. I know why. It is all part of the master plan of the architect of fate, the changer of ways. The bird faced liar, Zhen the deciever..

They all dance to his tune as he plucks his strings to the sound of madness.. it is music to the ears of the children of chaos, the coming of the cosmic deluge.. angels don't play this harp

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Yes, this is why we have to repatriate all immigrants, it will take time and it will cost us but this is our only choice. Otherwise we face a continent mired in war..

After that we will temporarily revoke democracy, people were to stupid to govern themselves. A meritocratic aristocracy comprised of educated panditas will run matters from then on until problems are solved or humans learn how to behave. The dharma will finally come to the land of the white faced rakshasas and they will throw off the yoke of semitic oppression and embrace their Aryan heritage, Christians will still be allowed but the gnostic nature of true Christianity must be recognised. Muslim heretics will be put to the sword, they will be made to denounce their religion and instead worship of the Moon, Lilith or other goddesses will be enforced..

Europe will then start collaborating with the Thule society and the Nazis on the Moon, Antarctica, Mars and South America. Other deals and trade with other breakaway civilisations and groups will also commence, technological advance will be rapid. The science of magic and metaphysics will be the new frontier.. rumours of "the coming race" will spread quickly. The green humans dubbed Homo Novus Smaragdina will reveal themselves and even the Emerald Queen herself might make an appearance.

America will be no more, it was a stupendous project but New Atlantis was twisted.. it didn't take too long. Now it must be destroyed so it can be rebuilt again on the ashes. People will probably segregate willfully after all the racial wars, most liberals will have perished in the fighting and only tough frontier men, gangsters and cowboys will remain. The Founding Fathers will return and accept the mantles of destiny once again.

China will finally embrace their Naga heritage and Taoism and Buddhism will have a resurgence after they've purged their country of all the demonic communists.

Israel.. I think we all can pray in solidarity for destruction here.. no explanation needed.

Persia and Turkey will embrace long forgotten religions and the worship of fire and djinns will make a come back. Unfortunately the rest of the Middle East will continue to suffer at the hands of war for some time to come.

Oh my.. I must have been high writing this stuff.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

raising questions regarding the authority is nothing you would approve.

Nonsense. All events should be considered within their context- for example, the Americans are living in what is essentially a police state already... I think they would do well to start questioning the authority, for many reasons.

France, which has had a long history of not respecting authority, they have not given their authorities much power. They have been on the opposite end of the spectrum.
They have been passively letting their country be walked on and abused, afraid of standing up, no one wanting to be the responsible authority, and indirectly encouraging the growth of extremist networks on their soil.

At last, this event has released the taboo on talking about the current situation as it is. It is like a boil that has finally been lanced and is draining. Yes, it is time they said "enough", instead of waiting for some other country to come and save them from ANOTHER invasion AGAIN ( they're like Matt Damon- after Saving Private Ryan, Interstellar, and the Martian, you wanna say, get yer crap together already!).

The republic destroys the republic and nobody on Ceres cares.

I don't see the Republic as destroying the Republic- I see the Republic finally standing up for itself.

Once you give in to demands of the security-state, you'll never get a thing back. You know that, don't you?

I've been living under the yoke of the arabs already. I was forced to move into the wilderness because they kept bombing my house, stoning us and are children, destroying our property, and the police kept saying "sorry, we can't do anything, they live in the dangerous part of town."
We all have had to live watching the arabs commit crime and be let alone, while the french kids get prosecuted if they as much as ride a scooter without a helmet.
Most of us are ready to take the chance by now, frankly.

This call to war had to be justified with a lot of propaganda and you just fell for it.

What? You think that this information just came out NOW? Maybe it did in your country, we've known about it for a few YEARS. I have a girlfriend who lives in one of those ghettos, she is muslim, and she lives with watching the neighborhood kids get involved with drug and weapons trafficking, terrorizing everyone, until one day, they suddenly stop all that, they stop drinking and smoking, they leave for a few months mysteriously, and come back with a beard. They are a different sort of danger then, but just as scary. She has to worry about her little boys growing up there, and one day strapping bombs to their chest and carrying an AK47 as well.
This has been going on for a long time. We are familiar and intimate with it. We are living with it.
Just a few days BEFORE this event, I was taking part in discussions on this subject and explaining the situation.

The French National Assembly voted meanwhile to the extension of the state of emergency by three months. MEPs voted on Thursday in Paris for a corresponding article of the draft law. About the law as a whole has not yet voted. In addition, the project nor the consent of the Senate, which on Friday is concerned with needs.

MDR

That is EXACTLY what I explained to you. This action was extended to avoid having to go into the more drastic options of State of Siege, or transfer of full power to the President. I have no idea why you think those should be exercised, before attempting to stay within the less severe option of state of Emergency.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Something to consider also is that this long history of overcompensating in order to avoid being seen as racist has led to a situation in which the people want so bad for something to be done that they are moving in attitude towards drastic measures in desperation.
The Front National is silently gaining a real possibility of coming into power. They will REALLY bring about an even more severe control !

Taking some action now might avoid having to go to an extreme later.

Not doing anything will lead to a Nazi sort of state in a couple of years. Personally, I'd like to avoid that.
edit on 20-11-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Nice prediction, I hate it wholeheartedly.

Oh my.. I must have been high writing this stuff.

If you've got it, flaunt it.

The Front National is silently gaining a real possibility of coming into power. They will REALLY bring about an even more severe control !

Taking some action now might avoid having to go to an extreme later.

Not doing anything will lead to a Nazi sort of state in a couple of years. Personally, I'd like to avoid that.

I like this Straw Man, well done.

Let 'em fear the right wing, maybe they'll give up their freedom to the other butchers voluntarily. Nice twist, Star for you!

Nonsense.

Agreed to disagree then. Integration is something that fails easily in case of mismanagement, I won't go into that. Failed governance as justification for more bureaucracy? Well... the irony is priceless indeed. Another Star for you!

More violence can only fuel the fire, mark my words. It's time to unf*ck France as it's about time to unf*ck the world, but I'm sure you didn't wanna hear that. Let's just fool ourselves with delusional safety whilst the real crooks
put their yoke on us to allegedly save us from those 'lousy arabs'.

One question: do you think the problems you experienced are due to the war between classes or rather due to a clash of cultures?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Yet if we were to solve this like pacifists Europe will be known as Eurabia in 50 years.

Cowardice in the face of danger won't save anyone, you talk of violence yet we are already facing it. Your "good" won't do any good.. it will only create more violence and strife. When something good or positive ends up creating negativity, is it really good, and vice versa?

We are already standing on the precipice of disaster, the deck is loaded, the trajectory is set.. we cannot avoid this.

And this is only what we can expect from the mundane, other factors remain concealed but are in fact crucial.

I don't hate it wholeheartedly, I just wish I wouldn't have to suffer at the hands of the ignorance of others that keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Then again, it certainly makes things interesting but I'm somewhat relieved I don't have any kids to raise in this madness.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
People don’t realize the utter depravity of these jihadis, I kid you not folks they are the real deal

Of course all this may be part of a black op to enslave us; I have no problem considering that

But if these acts don’t convince one of the sheer depravity of these groups I don’t know what will.

Does that justify us giving up out rights?

It may to some degree if this ISN’T a black op

Lincoln did it in the civil war and Roosevelt in WWII, so other times our rights were abridged; it’s nothing new

But when the threat goes away of course one would expect the abridgement of freedoms also to go away

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Terrorism is as real as 2 million deaths since this War on Terror started. Nobody denied their existence.

Does that justify us giving up out rights?

It may to some degree if this ISN’T a black op

Your point is moot. Pretty clear what it is, innit?

When something good or positive ends up creating negativity, is it really good, and vice versa?

Are we talking about the 'good' War on Terror here? That's where you lost me, care to elaborate your point further?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I'm talking about the disastrous immigration situation in Europe, but more than that, I'm also talking about the decades long reckless and totally idiotic policy of the US/Nato in the Third World.. we create problems, we don't solve them and right now we're looking down the barrel of another situation created supposedly out of tolerance and compassion but from higher tiers out of manipulation purposes.

It's not much we can do now, they sold us out at the beginning of the last century.. radical change will come out of radical destruction, I think it's too late to stop now.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Besides from the conclusion I'm completely on your page. Well put. But...

Cheer up, mate! The renaissance overcame our dark age as well, at least to some degree. We may not witness a revolution, but there is still hope for a similar kinda evolution. Especially with tools like open source and direct democracy, or regional counter-cultures in massive numbers on a global scale.
I believe we're in the midst of fundamental change in many fields, take quantum physics for example. Hard to guess how doomed we really are then, don't ya think? The radical destruction of a failed paradigm doesn't harm anyone, the moment we all (critical mass may suffice) decide to quit the BS it will happen very quickly.

Keep spreading the word, but please be carefull whose song you sing! 'Oh Dearism' is part of the programming, listen to Adam Curtis for a while. You won't regret it, promise.

edit on 20-11-2015 by PublicOpinion because: damn yt-vids...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Not surprising. I mean here in America, we have right wingers baying to take away civil rights from some people who haven't done anything.

And left wingers don't foam at the mouth trying to take away our 1st and 2nd amendment rights from people who havn't done anything?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

The rise of a police state in France may come as a surprise to Americans old enough to remember when France stood out as Europe's greatest critic of President George W. Bush's War on Terror—a spat that peaked in 2003 when, in response to French opposition to the invasion of Iraq, the House of Representatives cafeteria rebranded its French fries "Freedom Fries."

Nowadays, of course, just about everyone looks with disfavor on that war, which is credited with giving ISIS a foothold. Though France bombed targets in Syria on November 15, it has so far stopped short of sending in ground troops against ISIS. And, while it's too early to tell, there's no evidence its intelligence services are abducting or torturing terror suspects.

In other respects, though, France has embraced and even surpassed some of America's most draconian responses to terror. In the name of security, the French public has been more willing than America ever was to let its government spy on citizens, conduct warrantless raids, and restrict rights of free speech and assembly.

France Goes to War on Civil Liberties

The article continues to compare the US-laws with all the new French legislations since C. Hebdo, interesting read.

<< 1  2   >>

join