It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call to Arms in France

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Not surprising. I mean here in America, we have right wingers baying to take away civil rights from some people who haven't done anything.

Just like the left wingers baying to take away the constitutional right to keep and bear arms from tens of millions of people who haven't done anything.

Indeed. Will they admit it, if by some miracle they see the similarity?

Nope.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

how about the french being gunned down over a cartoon ,intimidated not to draw a cartoon over a fictional god,
or prophet .
monty python took the micky out the christians tell me what makes muslims so special.
and look at my avatar i'm neither christian or muslim but i see double standards.
the french have a right to fight back they should have done it then i'm surprised it took this long for them to grow a pair..

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Simple? Say hello to simple:

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

In an emotional note on Facebook titled “You will not have my hatred”, Leiris wrote: “On Friday evening you stole the life of an exceptional person, the love of my life, the mother of my son, but you will not have my hatred.

“I don’t know who you are and I don’t want to know, you are dead souls. If this God for whom you kill blindly made us in his image, every bullet in the body of my wife is a wound in his heart.

“So no, I will not give you the satisfaction of hating you. You want it, but to respond to hatred with anger would be to give in to the same ignorance that made you what you are.”

Bataclan victim's husband tells killers: 'You will not have my hatred'

True greatness.

You may read some parts of the thread I took this quote from. Just can't miss it! Giving in to terror strategy and hate in this neverending War on Terror is the dumbest thing possible.
The victims of terror are aware of this, we better vote for them in the next elections and send all our blind, and ideology-driven, politicians on seminars for true greatness, where they can meet a real man for the first time in their life.

That sh!t has to stop.

a reply to: stuthealien

the french have a right to fight back they should have done it then i'm surprised it took this long for them to grow a pair.

Thing is, they already had that after C. Hebdo in their Constitution. They even bombed Assad/ ISIS and we all know well how that turned out.

edit on 17-11-2015 by PublicOpinion because: more

edit on 17-11-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Not surprising. I mean here in America, we have right wingers baying to take away civil rights from some people who haven't done anything.

Just like the left wingers baying to take away the constitutional right to keep and bear arms from tens of millions of people who haven't done anything.

No, left wingers are not trying to grab your guns. Get over it. Most 'left wingers' like me, are also survivalists and off the grid enthusiasts. I would like to see some more regulations, but not in any way, shape or form are 'left wingers' attempting to take your guns. It is a fallacy.

I'll ask you the same question: have you been on ATS? There's any number of people right here that would happily take all the guns away.

From people they know have guns, at least.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The opposite is true as far as I'm concerned.

Compared to our growing security-state I start to feel slightly naked with blades only. Never a big fan of firearms and rather an advocate for stricter gun-laws (besides from Europe only) though, but there you have it.

Now I'm just Not Sure anymore 'cause... ya know, this is Idiocracy. As if stricter laws would automatically reduce the problem. Just the usual rag rug of short-sighted pseudo-solutions, which would in the end probably do more harm than good.

We could use a discussion regarding violence in the Free West on various levels, but that's a very hot iron and no politician since 'change' would touch that topic. Fricken bigotry.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Fear makes people accept amazingly stupid things in the name of security...

revenge is just as powerful an emotion as fear when political policies are concerned.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

That, too.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's all getting so overly redundant now. Someone tells the truth
about our govts and world puppet leaders. Points out the obvious
shannannigans going on, with civil liberties on the alter everytime
there's a new event they, themselves, suspiciously sensationalize.
And what does the truth get that person? So why not just post
videos that express whatever human condition, relates to the topic
at hand?

edit on Rpm111715v51201500000030 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

No, left wingers are not trying to grab your guns. Get over it. Most 'left wingers' like me, are also survivalists and off the grid enthusiasts. I would like to see some more regulations, but not in any way, shape or form are 'left wingers' attempting to take your guns. It is a fallacy.

I'll ask you the same question: have you been on ATS? There's any number of people right here that would happily take all the guns away.

From people they know have guns, at least.

And there are right wingers wanting to make the Caliphate, flat, black, and silent. I am a pretty left leaning guy, but I have no desire to remove firearms from the hands of responsible gun owners. I would like to keep them out of the hands of the insane, and those convicted of previous violence. Long story short, don't want my crazy neighbor having an rpg or a howitzer.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

That was a rather poetic take, I like it.

Listened to the mass-hysteria here in Europe for days now, Mad Bull lost his way. Man... I'm tired of all those lies.
From one Outsider to another:

Have a great time, my friend!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Some of you are failing to recognize that, for years, there have been radical Muslim preachers all over Europe, spouting all kinds of insanity. Advocating shariah law, expressing support for ISIS, cursing the countries that have welcomed them in and calling the citizens of these countries racist and islamophobic.

Now then, if all these immigrant muslims wanna do is enjoy a little freedom of speech, so be it. But when hundreds of people get maimed and killed by the very people railing against the countries that they live in, stuff changes. France belongs to the French, not the Muslim extremists. If the moderate Muslims don't like the increased scrutiny, they can start helping keep the country safe from the radicals.

To suggest that France should simply stand by and pretend that French Muslims didn't just commit an act of domestic terrorism, is actual insanity. Political correctness aside, ethnic Europeans have a right to self preservation. Everyone knows who the terrorists are.....must they act as if they don't?

edit on 17-11-2015 by hammanderr because: Wording

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

You can wish for the terror to stop all you want, but ISIS is now a freight train out of control. They will not stop the attacks. Events have already been set in motion.

I want peace too, but sometimes we have to defend ourselves.

You will see.

edit on 17-11-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I believe there is a bigger picture here.

NWO slowly being implemented after major terrorist attacks.

England, USA, now France.

The question is, what country will be next?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Star for you, but sometimes the sword in the sheet is the best weapon of choice.
One day you will come to realize, that there can only be a peaceful solution.

a reply to: Informer1958

Put Spain on that list as well, but agreed.
There was a recent event in Hanover, we should take that as a hint I guess...

a reply to: hammanderr

Some of you are failing to recognize that, for years, there have been radical Muslim preachers all over Europe, spouting all kinds of insanity.

A Straw-Man to begin with.

To suggest that France should simply stand by and pretend that French Muslims didn't just commit an act of domestic terrorism, is actual insanity.

And a Straw-Man to round it up with, you've read the OP and not the headline only?
I'm Not Sure. But it's a pretty good example of the Idiocracy I'm dealing with daily since this recent attacks in Paris occured.

Thanks a lot, I guess...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Would everyone feel safer with a tv monitor in every room of the house staffed by some spook, making sure you are safe. That you didn't fall down the stairs on the way downstairs. That no terrorists are in the vicinity. Where would you like the surveillance to end? We clearly have too many freedoms for citizens and now is the perfect time to get rid of freedoms and replace them with some hi tech safety measures and because everyone is so clearly afraid of death I assume you'll no longer drive your cars and lead unhealthy lifestyles? No one seems afraid of cars or unhealthy lifestyles. Maybe you'd like government to monitor your daily habits to keep you safe. If you want a nanny state, don't be surprised if you get one.

It is possible not to live your life in fear millions of people do it everyday, but if you take the coward option don't be surprised if your treated like one.

edit on 18-11-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Mr. Hollande called for quick action by Parliament on new legislation that would give the government more flexibility to conduct police raids without a warrant and place people under house arrest. He said he would seek court advice on broader surveillance powers. And he called for amendments that would enable the state to take exceptional security measures without having to resort to the most drastic options currently in the Constitution.

www.nytimes.com...

To avoid the options provided with the Constitution we get some new police-state laws in France? How is that even remotely possible? Can anybody explain this to me, please? Which options is he talking about? Was there no need to call for quick action in the first place then?

Do you know what the options provided by the French Constitution are?
Do you know that they change and add to it often? It is not a religion for them.
Do you know what the situation in France has been up to now?

Under the current constitution there are only three options:
State of Emergency
State of Seige
Transfer of full powers to the President

The State of Emergency was put into effect Friday night. (this particular law was voted in 1955)
This state can only be held for 12 days.
It includes the ability to put under house arrest suspected terrorists.
(we can see this is FINALLY being done- the many thousands of them here are finally being approached. If they happen to be sleeping with a Kalashnikov and bombs strapped to their body, like the person last night, they are probably not innocent civilians..?)

The US already gives itself the right to arrest someone for being a suspected terrorist, with less evidence, and the french STILL aren't there. House arrest for someone known to be training regularly in the Middle East and planning attacks here isn't terribly severe, in contrast)

To prolong the efforts past that 12 days, they must then go into State of Siege,
which entails shutting down public functions and businesses... it means the whole country shutting down.

He wants to propose changing that particular law, to prolong the state of emergency, so that we can go about dealing with our huge problem, without having to go into State of Siege and shut down the entire country and all commerce.

edit on 18-11-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Star for you, but sometimes the sword in the sheet is the best weapon of choice.
One day you will come to realize, that there can only be a peaceful solution.

Let me share something with you;

As a gay person, I know how hard won and fragile freedom can be. And yes it can be obtained through peaceful means. Being who I am, I know just how much there is to be lost if Islam's diabolical plan to Islamify the west comes to fruition. I have been following what they have done in Syria. I have wept silently and alone for the innocent gays and Christians slaughtered for no reason other than their sexuality and faith.

This is personal for me, I am not going to let my freedom go, so I can be pushed of the roof of a building by hate filled bigots. I will fight to defend it, both in words and in action if necessary, Yes, I will answer the call to arms if my country issues it.

There is a time for making peace and there is a time for defending one's way of life and their right to be. And that time is now,

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

The French interior ministry said police had searched a further 118 addresses across the country under France’s state of emergency on Tuesday night, leading to 25 arrests and the seizure of 34 weapons. A total of 414 houses have been raided and 60 people detained since Sunday, with 120 more under house arrest.

Frightened St-Denis residents said they had been woken up soon after 4am. Fatima Bourahli, 26, wore a coat over her pyjamas as she stood in the street while the raid was under way. Soldiers in camouflage with automatic weapons crouched nearby.

“My daughter is six and she’s scared and confused,” she said. “The schools here are shut today, children are staying home. People are really scared and pretty tense. The government says we’re at war.”

At least two dead in operation targeting suspected Paris attacks mastermind

He wants to propose changing that particular law, to prolong the state of emergency, so that we can go about dealing with our huge problem, without having to go into State of Siege and shut down the entire country and all commerce.

Given the situation right now I don't see any need to expand the state of emergency. The president didn't use all options the Constitution provides, the most drastic ones remain untouched.
Care to elaborate on that?

All borders closed, curfew in Paris and 1500 soldiers on the streets as of friday. You think that has no effect on the entire country and all commerce whatsoever? Doesn't really matter how I look at it, nothing you mentioned makes any sense to me. I'm kinda lost on your input.

Thanks anyway, stay save and vigilant!

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Would everyone feel safer with a tv monitor in every room of the house staffed by some spook, making sure you are safe. That you didn't fall down the stairs on the way downstairs. That no terrorists are in the vicinity. Where would you like the surveillance to end? We clearly have too many freedoms for citizens and now is the perfect time to get rid of freedoms and replace them with some hi tech safety measures and because everyone is so clearly afraid of death I assume you'll no longer drive your cars and lead unhealthy lifestyles? No one seems afraid of cars or unhealthy lifestyles. Maybe you'd like government to monitor your daily habits to keep you safe. If you want a nanny state, don't be surprised if you get one.

It is possible not to live your life in fear millions of people do it everyday, but if you take the coward option don't be surprised if your treated like one.

May the force be with us...

edit on 18-11-2015 by PublicOpinion because: more

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

And left wingers walking on eggshells to give rights to people that should have them taken away.

It's bass ackwards, man.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

And this left-right-rubbish is just another layer to keep us devided with.

Badass awkward, man. We'll need both wings to fly.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join