It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascist behavior programs in America; I was there

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

It sounds like a 'brat camp' to me.. or as the counselors might call it, a 'behavioral modification center.'

I got a swift kick in the ass when I did something wrong, but since parents can't do that anymore they send them to places where the abuse is multiplied! That can scar kids and they could replicate that physical and mental abuse later in life.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

It's so safe to play along
Little soldiers in a row
Falling in and out of love
Something sweet to throw away

I want something good to die for
To make it beautiful to live
I want a new mistake, loose is more than hesitate
Do you believe it in your head?

I can do this all day.

You're keeping in step
In the line
Got your chin held high and you feel just fine
Cause you do
What you're told
But inside your heart it is black and it's hollow and it's cold

Just how deep do you believe?
Will you bite the hand that feeds?
Will you chew until it bleeds?
Can you get up off your knees?
Are you brave enough to see?
Do you want to change it?

Keep it rockin!

It's the divine spark of creation within us that must burn bright or we become just another cog in the wheel of an unfeeling and unthinking society.

Hear, hear!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I am from Montana and im shocked. Im so sorry you had to experience this and praise God you are out! This is my first writing so i apologize if im in the wrong place, or? Thank you for sharing

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that man.. I was thinking someone should go "Sleepers"(the movie) on them, but maybe that's a bit crude.. what a bunch of assholes. I hope they get what they deserve.

I almost did two years of involuntary imprisonment and a little bit of jail time on top of it so I know what it's like being confined, especially when there are sociopathic assholes out to get you. Luckily they didn't use violence but losing your freedom can be hard on the spirit. When I was there I didn't know for how long it was gonna be either, it could have been for years longer than I sat there for all I knew.. I was lucky to get out.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Corp970Schultz

Thanks brother for your kind words, these places exists all over America its good to have awareness about them and do everything we can to shut them down.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The reason these places exist is because when parents don't know what to do with their kids, they feel like they have no choice but to put them through some kind of "lesson-learning" experience. If parents were actually taught how to raise their kids, these kinds of places wouldn't exist. I think most have heard of the "Scared Straight" programs around which take the "troubled youth" to prisons to show them if they keep on their path of destruction, that's where they're going to end up.

I'm a firm believer that no one should have the right to raise a child if they're unfit, which means understanding the responsibility involved, as well as the proper way to discipline and teach the child. Too many wannabe parents out there who haven't got a clue about how to raise their kids. Guess who pays for that incompetence? The child, every time.
edit on 19-11-2015 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

I agree, however the wwasp programs were a scam, and mainly used for kickbacks to the judges sending wealthy kids to these programs, now another caveat My father kicked the # out of me when I was young, discipline was not lacking. The wwasp programs specifically were engaged in huge human rights violations, ranging from torture to rape suicide even murders, I am glad they have been shut down, but we must remain vigilant that more programs such as these do not spring up un vetted.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
We know bad, corrupt places exist. Not doubting that.

But I see a bunch of people here who should probably accept that they caused most of their own problems. Lots of troublemaking and the worst of decisions / behaviors / attitudes.

It wouldn't be worth debating, except it looks a lot like what we're seeing at the universities.

Non-stop foolishness cloaked in "it's everybody else's fault and they're all evil".

No, there's not an epidemic of evil, secret schools across America. This isn't Harry Potter. Same fake template as the epidemic of evil cops everywhere.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

Your wrong read the links, you are speaking sideways and utterly wrong. I'm all for personal responsibility however human rights violations and child abuse I am not, your sentiment is a naive one and quite disgusting well done. I don't want anyone to feel bad for me, I want people to be aware of these violations.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

No, there's not an epidemic of evil, secret schools across America. This isn't Harry Potter. Same fake template as the epidemic of evil cops everywhere.

Funny that you mention Harry Potter.

You followed orders
You visited the camps
You oversaw the torture
You tightened the clamps
You lied to reporters
You ducked the piss
You made sure the confessions were recorded
You still see their faces

Never question anything.
Nothing ever happened. Period.

Carry on and obey a nice weekend!

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

In the case of the place I was at some people were sent there and others volunteered. If you were a ward of the state the state would pay but otherwise it was quite expensive. The year prior to my attending this particular place I had attended the young and gifted program at Western Carolina University and was able to live on campus and take college classes while I was in 8th grade for 2 months in the summer.

I loved this experience and I sought out others that would let me move away from home. My parents had looked into Lyman Ward Military Academy because my family had attended there but the price was an issue at the time. Eventually through my school and a counselor I found out about the program similar to the one in the OP.

Initially we performed a tour of the place and met the staff and other attendees. Everything seemed wonderful. They talked up all of the wilderness training and hiking the Appalachian Trail and camping with wild horses on Cumberland Island off the coast of GA. It was after we paid for everything and I was in the program that the darker side presented itself.

So your assumption is false as well as the assumption by some others that its just a bunch of troublemakers or people with bad parents that are the issue.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I wasn't saying any single story here is false, or that such a place doesn't exist.

Just that the claim that "they're everywhere" and/or that they are the problem, (almost) never the poor little victims who are sent there, is silly.

They exist because of uncontrollable troublemakers who can't be allowed to run everybody and everything around them. Some children, others hulking dangerous teens.

Like any other system or enterprise, there will be some bad ones. But the vast majority are decent people trying to work with the most outrageous kids in the world. Getting crap and piss thrown at them, hit and kicked, bit and scratched, making min wage.

Just like the cop thing. Probably the same folks who blindly hate cops (and church), bringing this myth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join