It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just had 5 teeth pulled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
damn. that was terrible.
not pain wise but the pressure and the crunching. it has been about an hour and a half and it is already starting to hurt.
after he numbed me he had to wait 10 minutes or so cause he said my heart was beating really fast and i was shaking.
i was scared.
he was pulling and doing his thing and i was gripping the arm of the chair. waiting for the pain. that was the worst part.
just thinking any second it was going to hurt like hell

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Good to see you lived through it. I told you about the pressure being the worst part!

I had a problem with shaking and heart racing as well. My dentist told me that some people have that reaction to lots of Novacain being shot into them. I think there's a couple of kinds - one that has epinephrin (spelling?) and one that doesn't. The stuff with the epinephrin causes some of the issues with shaking/headaches/heart racing. The reason why they like to use that kind is that it's stronger and lasts longer.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I hope you kept them to put under your pillow!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

In a quart of water, mix a tablespoon of salt and one of baking soda. Rinse with it every couple of hours. Take the pain meds he gave you, if any, and try to sleep through the worst of it. Cool packs, Not Cold. It will ache, but probably won't be the agony you're expecting.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Hope you feel better quick.

Teeth are a "sensitive" subject with me.

I lost some of my teeth with smoking tobacco. I stopped smoking and within a few weeks all the damage stopped happening. I don't drink alcohol, eat sweet things once in a very rare blue moon, eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables and use natural toothpaste, not that commercial stuff that rips up our gums. A bit more expensive, but the money I saved giving up tobacco more than subsidises this.

Still too scared to go to the dentist. It is too much like being tortured. You are a braver soul than I!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Yikes! 5 teeth in ONE day?!!!!!!!

They couldn't have broke it down into at least 2 different appts.?

I feel your pain! I've had my wisdom teeth taken out in the same day and that was bad enough.

Tooth aches and any sort of tooth related pain is the worst!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have had 5 teeth pulled in one sitting. I had a friend there holding my legs down I was shaking so bad. It's shock.

I've been doing some reading, and most dentists say they would give 'laughing gas' or totally put you out for that many.

My dentist, just gave novicaine (or it's equivalent). Somehow my dentist and yours mixed that update.

Gargling with salt water, gently, can also help.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Hope you feel better quick.

Teeth are a "sensitive" subject with me.

I lost some of my teeth with smoking tobacco. I stopped smoking and within a few weeks all the damage stopped happening. I don't drink alcohol, eat sweet things once in a very rare blue moon, eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables and use natural toothpaste, not that commercial stuff that rips up our gums. A bit more expensive, but the money I saved giving up tobacco more than subsidises this.

Still too scared to go to the dentist. It is too much like being tortured. You are a braver soul than I!

I try to get the Toms of Maine without fluoride when I can find it or get it on Amazon. My second choice is Arm & Hammer baking soda toothpaste. I quit smoking, vaping for 3 years- can taste things now. Cleaned up my diet quite a but. I never particularly liked sweets.
No one is taking away my alcohol lol.
edit on 17-11-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
he said not to do the salt rinse for 24 hours. i took tomorrow off work.
seems to be bleeding quite a bit. it is soaking up the gauze. i already changed it once. big ass holes.

i am hungry let me tell you. didnt eat all day at work. my wife gave me some apple yogurt protein bar that i took one bite of cause it was the nastiest thing ever.
i was gonna stop and smash on the way to the dentist but i didnt want to go in there with funk mouth.

i really did not dig this at all. well i am sure nobody digs it but it was pretty bad. i was very scared.
been through several traumatic injuries. 2 major surgeries and i was more scared about this.

i have a thing about my teeth falling out. not scared of it but i have dreams all the time that they are falling out or i am spitting them out. i dont know what the deal is but it is creepy.

i still cant get over all the pressure and the sound of the cracking and crunching.

i was just scared waiting for the moment that it was excruciating but it never came

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch.

Five teeth, sorry my friend!!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch.

Five teeth, sorry my friend!!

thanks buddy.
i just took a pull and that is harder than it sounds when with a mouth full of blood when youre all numbed up.
even my chin is numb.

how come when you cant eat everything sounds awesome?
my wife just had some ramen and broccoli and any other day i am kind of meh about it(thought it is good) but right now i want to destroy it.
ramen with broccoli and some siracha sounds #in killer right now

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It's physccological, pure and simple.

I had a double extraction of lower wisdom teeth a couple of years ago, and even the cat food looked delicious.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I always use garlic when I have problems with my teeth, I just cut of a good slice off of a fresh clove and stick it in between my teeth and my cheek and just leave it there for a while. I always spit it out afterwards, dont swallow!
As far as I know, garlic is a natural antibiotic, so it will also prevent infection.

Dont know if you like garlic at all, but if you do, I can really highly recommend it

Hope you feel better soon

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Oh noes!

I feel for you OP! That's wicked discomfort and pain.

I had four permanent teeth pulled when I was a teen. The needle to the gums. Ack!

It was better when my wisdom teeth came out - at least they put me out for that.

(((HUG))),

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

LOL!

Could be the pain killers you are on.

Anytime I have ever had to take any sort of pain killers, they make me mad hungry for some reason.

That might just be me though.

Hope you have a good recovery and can eat solid foods soon.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
damn. that was terrible.
not pain wise but the pressure and the crunching. it has been about an hour and a half and it is already starting to hurt.
after he numbed me he had to wait 10 minutes or so cause he said my heart was beating really fast and i was shaking.
i was scared.
he was pulling and doing his thing and i was gripping the arm of the chair. waiting for the pain. that was the worst part.
just thinking any second it was going to hurt like hell

I believe that I told you the feeling of the yanks, pressure and the sounds in your previous thread on this topic.

That reminds me I'm gonna go get my teeth brushed right now πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
edit on 17-11-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
i think it is in the brain mostly. also i usually dont eat all day. no breakfast and maybe a protein bar or something around noon or a little bit of candy but thats it. i have dinner around 5pm and constantly munch all night. i am usually hungry about this time but it seems more severe right now.
i should have stopped to eat. there is a place right on the way to the dentist that has 2 eggs, home fries, and toast for .99 and it is off the chain. i was going to get that but i didnt want to roll through with egg on my teeth.
should have. sure the dentist has seen worse

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I've had the same dream, it's horrible.

After waking some are actually loose from grinding all night. Tried the bite thing....couldn't due to drool chapping lol.

Depending on ability I recommend capping what's left. One at a time even.

Doesn't fix it, but from experience they last longer, and repair easier.

"In a dearth vader voice" ...half of my mouth is metal now, but thanks to porcelain facing I'll die with a smile. Had the gums half removed too fun stuff.

investimg more in my mouth helped me find a lot of piece of mind, the worry alone freaked me out and affected my day to day.

Just some friendly advice from a guy tired of doctors.

Cheers, and thank's for putting yourself out there.

edit on 17-11-2015 by Treespeaker because: Stupid spell check.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I do not do well with the stuff. I went in to get my first cavities filled awhile ago and 5 seconds after the first injection I straight projectile vomited an energy drink, barely missing the cute dental assistant.

OP when I was young I had to get a ton of teeth pulled at once, didn't have adult teeth behind them and needed some orthodontic work. Terrible experience. I was pretty out of it, but I remember watching stuff flying out of my mouth from the drill and the surgeon just yanking the crap out of one of them. I don't remember any pain from that, but you're right it's the noise and the pressure. Remembering it now makes me feel a little sick to my stomach.

Glad you're OK now.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I challenge any member to top my worst dental experience:

I will skip through the history of it all and get to the bare bones of the story.

My sophomore year of college, I got a cavity in a bottom tooth. I had no way to pay for dental work at all.

By my junior year, the tooth started rotting and breaking apart, piece by piece.

The summer before my senior year, I was in SO much agony that I literally wanted to just DIE! IT HURT THAT BAD!
This tooth basically died away to it's root and it's nerve endings.

Years later, I could afford to go to a dentist and he just refused to believe that I got through the pain of a tooth rotting down to the nerve endings.

He eventually realized that I actually did endure all that pain and I've been his patient ever since. lol.

It was a pain so severe that at one point, I actually considered putting drops of battery acid on the nerves to kill them....that is truly how bad it hurt.

No joke...BATTERY ACID!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join