It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Shuts Down 5.500 ISIS Twitter Accounts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
RT

Computerworld

Anonymous has made previous announcements that it would fight ISIS online, one place where ISIS heavily recruits. I believe it made quite a dent over the last few days. The details were given from it's @opparisofficial account.

He added that the collective has built tools that “might be better than any world government's tools to combat ISIS online.”

This particular help, I personally welcome.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
BFD. These clowns have lost all credibility they claim there doing this and that but what have they really done other then make empty threats?

Maybe a catchy hash tag will stop these terrorists.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Considering how much time ISIL spends spreading propaganda on the Internet ANON can and will be very effective in hurting them.

What ever happened to that ANON representative we had here on ATS? I'd like to hear more about this from the inner circle.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Interesting. I am not sure it is all good. Shutting down the account makes it impossible to track the account holder in real time or to send undercover agents in that would use such accounts to gain intel. However it would slow down recruitment.

link   
Who is doing the counting?

+12 more 
link   
Twitter should be ashamed of itself for not doing the grunt work here. It's embarrassing.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I'm not very knowledgable on these kinds of things, but why couldn't Twitter have done this themselves?

Don't they ban people all the time?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Agreed, anonymous seem to be doing a better job at cleaning up twitter than twitters own staff.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Inanemous!

Exactly my sentiment. They are more a media invented hyped fabrication than any real out there group. I think they are being used as certain dramatic personae in this theatrical performance before our eyes.

I don't want unaccountable digital vandals doing ANYTHING in my name.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
Interesting. I am not sure it is all good. Shutting down the account makes it impossible to track the account holder in real time or to send undercover agents in that would use such accounts to gain intel. However it would slow down recruitment.

Do you really think that? Do you think that people join up via Twitter? is that the shallow recruitment resource for people committed enough to a cause to blow themselves up?

I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
BFD. These clowns have lost all credibility they claim there doing this and that but what have they really done other then make empty threats?

Maybe a catchy hash tag will stop these terrorists.

This, they really did though.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

No one is going to track 5k people or 5k accounts, with how slowly our intelligence works. For the moment, it is a good slowdown.

It takes us years and wildly inaccurate drone strikes to find just one major ISIS player.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Who is doing the counting?

The details are in the articles. You could always search Isis/Isil/IS twitter accounts on twitter.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

At most all anonymous is doing is slowing them down temporarily and to quote Mr. Universe "You can't stop the signal".

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Do you really think that? Do you think that people join up via Twitter? is that the shallow recruitment resource for people committed enough to a cause to blow themselves up?

I don't think so.

They do. They use twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp, a large variety of social media. Twitter has become the frontrunner in this. To a smaller extent, they use chats on game consoles.
edit on 17-11-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)
That last one is growing.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

At most all anonymous is doing is slowing them down temporarily and to quote Mr. Universe "You can't stop the signal".

Slowing them down and who can measure for how long? They have organized a massive amount of resources to accomplish this. My only natural reaction is to applaud the effort.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: thesaneone

Inanemous!

Exactly my sentiment. They are more a media invented hyped fabrication than any real out there group. I think they are being used as certain dramatic personae in this theatrical performance before our eyes.

I don't want unaccountable digital vandals doing ANYTHING in my name.

They are real. They don;t do it for you personally.Do you leave MSM. social media or ATS or other large 'conspiracy sites' ? If you look for them they can be found.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Considering how much time ISIL spends spreading propaganda on the Internet ANON can and will be very effective in hurting them.

What ever happened to that ANON representative we had here on ATS? I'd like to hear more about this from the inner circle.

I sort of remember posts from someone who said they were from Anon. I hoped it was real, but I doubt it now.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

I'm not very knowledgable on these kinds of things, but why couldn't Twitter have done this themselves?

Don't they ban people all the time?

It is a good question why twitter doesn't do this often enough. I suppose there is no way to prove what someone tweets is truth. The government can always ask twitter for account details. Again, our government seems to be not very good at this. They ask for hundreds of thousands of email. google, etc, details but have no successful track record in stopping any attack.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Bleh

Boo hoo they will just set up more!

Come on annon if you want to hurt ISIS attack Suadi, UAE and Quatars internet infrastructure!
Turn them into internet black holes! Rip there banks apart !

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join