It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Hanover's chief of police has confirmed that there is a serious threat to the city.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Pistorius: "Contrary to reports, no explosives have been found."

Looks like there's some updates.

twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat

This time there will be no death. This exercise is about creating a bond of trust between the authorities and the populace. It is to make everyone feel ok in the protecting arms of the state. It is a blue print of torture and redemption. George Orwell described this.

Je suis Winston!

At the end of 1984 the protagonist Winston (you and I) is tortured and brainwashed by O' Brien (the state). By becoming his torturer, O'Brien becomes his saviour.

What a theatre of cruelty.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: citizenx1

wow that's interesting. I'm sure they swept the area and are watching. But if something did happen to Cameron would that make you brits hate the terrorist more or less? I'm kidding of course! please forgive the dark humor probably a bad time to make a joke like that

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
FOX said NO explosives were found yet.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

that maybe so, but that's still no reason to come on here and say, well here is his post again.

a reply to: dollukka You've been duped. Nothing about an ambulance with a bomb in it. Just a threat about a terrorist attack. www.rt.com... Just more sensationalism it seems. Twitter be damned! I will apologize if proven wrong. ETA: I'm not dismissing the importance of the threat of attack, it's just OP Twitter source claimed ambulance-bomb was found. After some research all I found so far is a suspicious person being reported and the alleged threats of an attack. Could be some kids having some fun... The threat should be taken seriously though.

he is the one who placed placed the crow in his mouth.

link   
a reply to: jobless1

I seriously doubt the terrorists would go after the world leaders, I mean why would they, when they're practically best buddies

On topic, have any explosives actually been found?

CX

link   
Sky News saying Reuters have stated that German police say they have found no explosives and have made no arrests.

God that was a mouthfull.

CX.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

five minutes ago they said word for word what it was reported that the police said.

ETA: i guess i'll have to eat crow now.

edit on 17-11-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Where next?

Good point.
Whether it is TPTB writing a script or just real terrorists, this could be the beginning of a major show of terror.

If i was a strategist then I would suggest that the only way to create the clearly desired effect is to make everyone feel at threat all the time.

I believe the UK is a definite target. London would be most resonant BUT it is much better defended. With our lack of armed police, such an attack in a smaller city or town could be a major bloodbath. At this time of year huge amounts of people cram themselves into all manner of confined public spaces.

I'm not particularly religious but I'm praying my assessment is wrong but I have a horrible sense that there is a major campaign underway and it will be at least as significant as 9/11.

Once the public becomes afraid of each other, that's it, game over.

link   
I'm starting to think they just picked up a bunch of chatter and crapped pants when they got a tip. That would be a VERY hard call to make, and I would have made the same one.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

I guess this answers my question.

Can't tell what's worst; the actual terrorist attack or the fear people are going to have every time they go out.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i think they are back peddling on the explosives now so as to reduce panic
but why did they evacuate and tell people to stay at home???

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Dutch reporter on the scene just said he saw a man getting arrested at gunpoint. Dutch minister of defence was also in the stadium. + merkel makes that a super juicy target. FYI netherlands has two f-16's bombing IS in Iraq for a while now.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

I'm guessing it's because they had some kind of a tip.

It was a good, responsible call

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jobless1

wow that's interesting. I'm sure they swept the area and are watching. But if something did happen to Cameron would that make you brits hate the terrorist more or less? I'm kidding of course! please forgive the dark humor probably a bad time to make a joke like that

Many people hate Cameron but I think only a small few would find any satisfaction in harm coming to him. There were a few vile people who celebrated when Thatcher died but most thought they were disgusting.

To be honest, my feeling is they wouldn't waste their time going after leaders - going after normal people would create far more fear.

I think people are slowly starting to realise that Syria isn't really the issue, its those who are already here in the UK and around Europe and those they recruit. We could turn Syria into glass and it still wouldn't stop innocent civilians being murdered on the streets.

I think, and fear that these guys, loathsome as they are, aren't stupid and know exactly what they're doing.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have removed my post to avoid thread drift in regards to another member's edit.

My apologies.
edit on 17-11-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

why arrest someone if no crime took place then????
riddle me do

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

Precaution, I suppose.

But, we should wait for more information before jumping to any conclusion, it's too early to tell what the heck is going on, if anything at all
edit on 17-11-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
DW is updating in their site

Less than two hours before kick-off in the international match between Germany and the Netherlands in Hanover, the fixture was been canceled by German police due to a serious threat of an attack on the stadium.

Volker Klume, Hanover's chief of police, stated on German TV that a device "intended to be set-off inside the stadium" was found before the evacuation was confirmed.

However, in a press conference Germany's interior minister Thomas de Maiziere confirmed that no explosives had been found at the stadium.

"The indications of danger at today's game grew over the course of the evening so much so that we urgently recommended the cancellation of the game." De Maziere was joined by acting German FA president Reinhard Rauball and Lower Saxony's interior minister Boris Pistorius.
"The game going on would have be irresponsible," said Pistorius.

'A sad day for Germany' Earlier in the evening a "suspicious object" had been discovered by police forces around the stadium. Road blocks were set-up and no fans were allowed to enter the area surrounding the HDI-Arena.
However, police did eventually open the roads, allowing journalists and fans to enter the stadium.

"We received a tip-off that after the first object was found, another attack had been planned. We had to take this seriously," Klume added. The German national team was en-route to the stadium at the time of the evacuating, but Jens Grittner, the German FA press officer, has since confirmed that the team has been taken to a safe "unconfirmed" location.

Link
edit on 17-11-2015 by dollukka because: bolded

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: IAMTAT

five minutes ago they said word for word what it was reported that the police said.

ETA: i guess i'll have to eat crow now.

It's always difficult filtering out the fact from fiction in these situations due to numerous outlets trying to be the first to break the scoop so either one of us could have been wrong. You were just going on info you came across, as was I.

No harm no foul

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join