It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Hanover's chief of police has confirmed that there is a serious threat to the city.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There were supposed to be a soccer game between Holland and Germany tonight at Hanover. it has been cancelled and fans have been told to leave the stadium area. Merkel was going to see the game.

BREAKING: Reports that German police have discovered a truck bomb disguised as an ambulance near football stadium in Hanover. #GERNED

DW Sports Twitter
Link

DW Sports ‏@dw_sports 3m3 minutes ago German minister of domestic affairs, Thomas de Maizière, will give a press conference in four minutes. #GERNED

edit on 17-11-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

wow just wow I wonder if this will change Merkel's view on the situation?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Stay safe Germany stay safe, from England.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jobless1

Hard to say... but i hope so. It seems that the major players in EU politics are the targets.

DW Sports ‏@dw_sports 1m1 minute ago BREAKING: Chancellor Angela Merkel, who had planned to attend the match in Hanover, had not arrived before the evacuation. #GERNED

BREAKING: Hanover police confirm Söhne Mannheims concert planned at TUI-Arena will go ahead as planned. #GERNED

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thank God they caught it! What disgusting people.
edit on 1720151120151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

This one may well be a real find rather than a case of over-precaution. I'm reading that they canceled all outgoing trains and buses from the stadium, telling fans to leave on foot. They also removed the catering staff, ordering them to leave coats and personal belongings behind.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You've been duped.

Nothing about an ambulance with a bomb in it.

Just a threat about a terrorist attack.

www.rt.com...

Just more sensationalism it seems.

Twitter be damned!

I will apologize if proven wrong.

ETA:

I'm not dismissing the importance of the threat of attack, it's just OP Twitter source claimed ambulance-bomb was found. After some research all I found so far is a suspicious person being reported and the alleged threats of an attack.

Could be some kids having some fun...

The threat should be taken seriously though.
edit on 17-11-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

link   
Is this news on TV? Doesn't seem to hit the online news yet. At work so can't view a tellie.

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I hope people in Hanover won´t go to the pubs either. If this was planned as Paris terrorist act, there is no one safe in public places.

link   
Syrian refugee?

+38 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Whatever you do, don't blame Islam. That would be "stupid".

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

It is just happening i find it weird if RT knows better !

1 Minute ago

DW Sports ‏@dw_sports 1m1 minute ago DW Sports Retweeted DW | Sport Our reporter in Hanover: "Police cars moving in and out all the time, other than that, it is quiet." #GERNED

Link

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

That is scary indeed. I hope all my friends stay safe in Germany and the rest of the world.

Have they mentioned any other nearby areas to be careful of in the news there? (My work won't let me access German news sites). I'm fluent so it makes it annoying I can't read up on the local media during my breaks...

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
A truck with explosives has been found or it looks confirmed.

www.kreiszeitung.de...

In German but that is the gist of it. Apparently the truck was disguised as an ambulance.
edit on 17-11-2015 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

link   
Apparently a suitcase was found. A concert venue has also been evacuated. It doesn't look good.

Germany Holland suspended: the Guardian
edit on 17-11-2015 by Jonjonj because: added link

link   

Isis making major serious enemy .... world wide soccer fans .. will be very poor pr failure in winning over new recruits

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's good to hear that they caught it before anything terrible happened.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Yes they also evacuated a music venue.

Apparently there was original intelligence about an attempt to use a bomb inside the stadium, in Hanover.
edit on 17-11-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I'm reading from some eyewitness sources that it was a bag inside the stadium with an explosive device inside, not an ambulance.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Honestly I'm actually worried for our friends across the pond in England where I think the next attack is going to happen.
Something about about a bot' foretelling the paris attack who's ip address is in the state of kent and only months before the police seize the largest weapons and ammo stockpile only 40 minute drive away from the bot ip location foretelling the attack in Paris.

These people who got caught had ak-47 paratrooper style, metro police uniforms, flash bombs, smoke bombs. And apparently they got all these weapons from a van coming from France!
edit on 17-11-2015 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

here are the links www.abovetopsecret.com... on the weapons seized in kent.
Here is the link on the bots Ip location being in kent www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join