It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area to Discuss Any Topic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

It all depends upon how you portray it, and express it.

As an example:

If you want to discuss various aspects of Buddhism, that you see mistakenly put forth in media, that's fine. But if you're going to broadbrush with stereotypes a religion than you're not going to fair well.

If you aren't sure, contact one of the staff, tell us what you intend to try to do, and we'll give you an honest feedback.

Use either the complaint button, or contact one of us via PM.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
I want to discuss the Values of Satanism because I don't want to see people comparing it to evil which they so often do. No stereotypes from me, rather the opposite I want to dis-spell the stereotypes of it. I plan to do so tomorrow early afternoon.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Neither seems ok and it's not expressly that, but that is a good example. To just brush off a part of our histories and politics/culture.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

OK.

I suspect you may run into a bit of resistance with your chosen topic...but the subject itself, unless I'm badly mistaken, isn't off limits. Just how you present it.

I suggest, as a place to start, the terms and conditions. If you think something in your opening post may be against the T and C's don't post it. If you think it may be pushing the T and C's, ask us. That's really about the only advice I have. A rule of thumb that seems to work for me is, would you discuss it at lunch while at work, with other people around?

Or, if you're really not sure, send a copy to staff via the complaint forum. It'll get looked at, and someone will get back to you on it.

Keep it PG, and you're probably golden.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
I expect for there to be those opposed to my topic. I don't think I will present it in anyway that it could go against the T&C, except for maybe one portion which I would remove overall no issue in order to preserve the general topic. I am not a follower of the religion, but have read the Satanic Bible and so have knowledge on the topic and evil is quite the opposite of what it is.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I am not a follower of the religion, but have read the Satanic Bible and so have knowledge on the topic and evil is quite the opposite of what it is.

Evil is good and good is evil…

Hope I get to see your examples, tmrw, you say?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Examples of what? And by tomorrow do you mean the Satanism topic, yes I will post it tomorrow.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join