It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area to Discuss Any Topic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hello everyone, Staff Members, Mods, ATS Community. Is there any place where there is no censoring? Note I do not mean a place where profanity and lewd discussion is allowed, no I applaud the site for putting it into the rules, though I understand the site is lax on it wish it may as well be seeing how everyone, or almost everyone here is an adult. No, when I say a place where there is no censoring I mean a place where people like us come together to discuss current events, history, politics, anything at all. You name it, and it is there. A place where no topic is not allowed. I feel we should all be opened minded and it is out of curiosity that I seek a haven to see all topics, uncensored and left alone versus the realities we live in of metaphorical book burning's and the metaphorical assassination, removal or imprisonment of those that discuss topics that are considered distasteful by the ruling party. Good day to you all, to the Staff Members and Mods good job keeping this forum clean, for the most part, of the immature and to the Community Below have a good day.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NowWhat
This is quiet dissent. I mean the topics of ATS

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

I don't see that happening for a variety of reasons. First, the site owners aren't going to want to have content on certain subjects on their site. Second, people have already proven they can't control themselves here on ATS.

If this were to happen I think it should be in the chat area of ATS (which I would love to have back). This way it doesn't create searchable content, but you could discuss virtually anything with other members.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I think you can rant about most things- rant forum. I would check T&C first though. There are a few things that can't ever be talked about in a certain away. Chit Chat and Rant wouldn't require much of any evidence of what you say.

edit on 17-11-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I don't see that happening for a variety of reasons. First, the site owners aren't going to want to have content on certain subjects on their site. Second, people have already proven they can't control themselves here on ATS.

If this were to happen I think it should be in the chat area of ATS (which I would love to have back). This way it doesn't create searchable content, but you could discuss virtually anything with other members.

I like that idea, unless they took it away for people getting out of control.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
I dont like how some topics arent allowed personally. Hopefully my future one describing a religion will be fine.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
I dont like how some topics arent allowed personally. Hopefully my future one describing a religion will be fine.

You are on a privately owned forum, so any you go to will have rules. I am guessing if you plan to describe any religion as a religion of hate -- whether Christian, Islamic, Judaism, Wiccan...etc, you will not have a great go of it. Otherwise I wish you luck.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

As with our governments. This is some wuiet respectful dissent. I just want to clarify a religion. What is and isnt

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

As with our governments. This is some wuiet respectful dissent. I just want to clarify a religion. What is and isnt

Ok, go ahead. There is a forum for it.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

First need to buy some water

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I would love to see someone do that. Start a thread. I'm in.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

A thread about a religion to eliminate misconceptions? Is it that bad to do

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Is there any place where there is no censoring?

No.

Edit: Expecting people to remain civil and not lie or insult others is like expecting a single lit match to not catch a whole house on fire.

You gotta put that out before the whole place burns down.
edit on 17-11-2015 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Well in terms of my OP I think my overall point was missed, not only by you. But also I think you misunderstood my meaning of "censor". Of course lies must be dispelled. But I mean topics.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

A thread about a religion to eliminate misconceptions? Is it that bad to do

I don't see why you couldn't do it. However, anything about ANY religion (including religion, itself) ends up being very contentious here.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think it'll be postponed till tomorrow at 2 PM Eastern Time (I'm in NY), but I'll have it done or drafted on my computer tonight. The religion I will discuss will likely receive hate. I have noticed that religion can be a hot topic (and I don't mean popular). Hope you see it.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Well in terms of my OP I think my overall point was missed, not only by you. But also I think you misunderstood my meaning of "censor". Of course lies must be dispelled. But I mean topics.

I included topics when I said 'lies'.

Certain topics are so over the top worn out hoaxes like Nibiru, for instance. Glad to see threads on that kind of thing dumped (censored, if you like).

Give me three examples of censored topics, specifically.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
No, not what I mean. I mean lies must be rid of. But topics such as anything to do with Nazis it seems, ATS, and Mods. The last two I suppose you could clump together, but I consider them separate and those 2 I understand. The first one disturbs me the most. I see a possible sense, but to eliminate history or current events because of the past? Perhaps we should remember many other things we discuss here and what they have done, horrific things.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

But topics such as anything to do with Nazis it seems,

Not sure were thats coming form. Its okay here to discuss lessons from Nazi history, not okay to glorify them. Which did you mean?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join