It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Market Watch LRSB Opinion Piece

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Anyone seen this article from Market Watch about the LRSB. It includes a slick looking infographic that is simple, but very clear as far as the intercommunication and teamwork between platforms.
edit on 17-11-2015 by Bfirez because: fixed link

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

Lol. Sorry but it's a pet peeve of mine. I wish the creators of those info graphics would spend more time on accuracy in the aircraft used for the scenario they depict.

They show an EA-6b Prowler for electronic warfare. The Prowler won't be flying anymore when the bomber comes on-line and are quickly being retired.
They also show a KC-130 for tanker, which is all in good if that F-35 they show is the B or C model but it wouldn't be used on any of the other aircraft in the diagram since the Prowler will be gone shortly.
The planform they used for the bomber bares a striking resemblance to the guesstimated planform someone drew of the Wichita bird. Wrong but what ever.

Ok, now that I got that out of my system, the new bomber will be able to do the job of every one of those assets minus the satellite and tanker. It can strike, have a limited fighter roll (in an unconventional sense), do electronic attack and ISR, all while having the highest level of inter-connectivity and situational awareness throughout all assets involved that has ever been put to the sky.
A scary scenario for any advisory to have to counter.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Technically the KC-130 isn't entirely inaccurate as the Growlers will be flying.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

True. It would have made more sense if they replaced the EA-6's with EA-18G's then. I would have been OK with that.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Yeah I know what you mean. Annoying innit.

new topics

top topics

join