It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists are using playstation 4 to plan their attacks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith

Everyone who engages in video gaming, simulated warfare, simulated murdering, is now on the fence

I think you're now wandering a bit off the grid about this.
Most of the players of these games keep their senses and see the difference between a game and reality.

It's about the communication not what it does to the gamers.
They should keep an eye on those who radicalized and talk about terror in ingame chat sessions.

I think we need them more then ever to control the ingame game chats and let them be our virtual marshals and report any talks about terroristic content. .

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Really, if anyone wanted to they could come up with some very intricate "sign language" in game.. say in Wow or any other MMO.. don't really need to talk or write even.

Maybe not the most effective way but they could surely work something out, even better if they were to do it on handhelds.

What are they gonna do, put surveillance on all online games? Looking for cryptic displays of terrorist communication? That would even after being discovered require some enigma code type s*it to break..

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Did you read the quote?

... Any information collected in this way, for example, your UGM, the content of your voice and text communications, video of your gameplay, the time and location of your activities, and your name, your PSN Online ID and IP address ...

It's basically admitting that whatever you say can be used, probably stored and surely decrypted at will. So PSN security my ass if you have to deal with the DSGI!

These plans are set up by those terrorists who are tracked and subsequently an agency has all the tools to get the informations about the plan well before having to track the recruiting part (which could even be made with PS4 if you plan on using semi-pros on drugs). It's absurd to think that this episode was organized by a single cell and wasn't prevented because they used PSN to exchange the plan details.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Terrorists could be using the PS4 to communicate? Sorry, I'm not going to fear anything if the news that is being reported isn't even substantiated. Nothing like creating fear propaganda on what might be happening...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I once was playing Everquest years back, I was in a land where no one went it was to far out and no wizard ports or other way to get there but to run many zones.

I was soloing there by the only object a tower when a person arrived. I asked if they wanted to group up and they responded in a spelled accent, sounded Russian to me, they sounded also very authoritative and concise. I felt like I was in the presence of a King or something.

Anyway they grouped with me but let me know it was only until their friend arrived that they was to meet there. Soon another arrived but climbed the nearest hill far off but close enough to see. The person grouped with me said, my friend has arrived I must go. They dropped the group climbed the hill and I saw them spend about 5 minutes just standing in front of one another and then they left in different directions.

I much later read that Saddam Hussein played EQ I could have witnessed any kind of meeting actually, too far away to eavesdrop without being seen approaching they chose the location perfectly!

edit on 17-11-2015 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
when enough bodies start piling up, at some point, the western nations populace will demand that their governments monitor every single communication....it's just a matter of numbers.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Did you read the quote?

... Any information collected in this way, for example, your UGM, the content of your voice and text communications, video of your gameplay, the time and location of your activities, and your name, your PSN Online ID and IP address ...

It's basically admitting that whatever you say can be used, probably stored and surely decrypted at will. So PSN security my ass if you have to deal with the DSGI!

Of course I did, but can tell you're taking this way too far. Prism showed that everything is stored, but definitely not that everything is monitored to a high degree. To accept that would require lazy thinking. Same applies here. Lazy thinking to assume everything stored is monitored and "decrypted", just cause.

These plans are set up by those terrorists who are tracked and subsequently an agency has all the tools to get the informations about the plan well before having to track the recruiting part (which could even be made with PS4 if you plan on using semi-pros on drugs). It's absurd to think that this episode was organized by a single cell and wasn't prevented because they used PSN to exchange the plan details.

Oh come on now, how difficult is it to stay on the roam, and snag dozens of accounts set up by people not monitored? I still think you're using some rather lazy thinking, or simply aren't too clever. Sorry. I mean our intelligence agencies are oh so powerful that it only took us a decade to find and kill Osama, or the whole Edward Snowden deal... I mean really this is laughable to think of them as the boogey man. Lots of tech, but you underestimate human ingenuity.
edit on 17-11-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
Actually you cant live chat virtually untraceably in Xbox live unless you buy a subscription, playstation network doesn't require you to pay. All u need is wifi in the psn

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I can see a means of how to accomplish an attack on ps4. And it would be easier than you think since there is one glitch on ps4 that can actually close accounts on it from a remote site. Especially if anon can obtain info on certain third party account details.

Yes I am hinting at the ability of really messing up people's days via PSN using a socially engineered hack.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I'm not trying to fear using the play station because it could be used for terrorism.

And if they use it they probably play locked games only for those who have the entry code..

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Oh come on now, how difficult is it to stay on the roam, and snag dozens of accounts set up by people not monitored? I still think you're using some rather lazy thinking, or simply aren't too clever. Sorry. I mean our intelligence agencies are oh so powerful that it only took us a decade to find and kill Osama, or the whole Edward Snowden deal... I mean really this is laughable to think of them as the boogey man. Lots of tech, but you underestimate human ingenuity.

Well it's enough that you believe it took a decade to find Osama to show who's lazy thinking.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join