It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#Antiextremist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You know what gets me about all the extremist BS that is happening right now....the fact that there are very few pushing the anti movement. I hear all about the Muslim community saying they do not support the radical groups bombing and shooting, etc.... What I do not see is the same movement that others in multiple countries are solidifying and consolidating against....

I understand that there are those that are speaking against radicals and extremists.....but they do not really seem to be trying. They seem to be pacifying those that would sympathize with the cause. Plenty can post about videos online and whatnot, but there does not seem to be any that truly want to end what is happening.....it is sad.

Anywho.....I thought I would bring to light the fact that there may be many Muslims and Islamists that want peace, but there is no real movement towards it....

Personally.....religion is damned. No matter who or what you believe in.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'm so anti-extremist, I'm an anti-extremist extremist. A radicalized anti-extremist. In fact, I'm so anti-extremist, I'd be willing to strap myself up with explosives in the name of anti-extremism and- oh... wait...

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I don't think it would last long.
If one person affiliated with the Anti-extremist group commits one reprehensible act the whole group would be demonized.
edit on 16-11-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
It should be remembered that Islam is also the religion of fear, fear of stepping out of line, fear of breaking a rule so on and so forth. If Sunni's speak out too much, they could be targeted or considered apostate....if Shia's speak out too much they could be targeted by Sunni's with sympathies to Daesh (they are already considered apostate). The Sunni Muslims that do sympathise probably do so because of their hatred for the Shia not their hatred for us white christian folk. No-one wants to be the first on their street in such tightknit communities to outright denounce protest and march

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
More of your #...

Go do your homework .

I hear so much about "muslims don't speak out" etc etc . whens the last time you atrended a masjid to hear the imam speaking out against terrorism? Extremism?

I hear it every day! Every prayer! On FB on the internet!. But you know where i don't hear it! The MSM!

Stop already.

www.islamagainstextremism.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
More of your #...

Go do your homework .

I hear so much about "muslims don't speak out" etc etc . whens the last time you atrended a masjid to hear the imam speaking out against terrorism? Extremism?

I hear it every day! Every prayer! On FB on the internet!. But you know where i don't hear it! The MSM!

Stop already.

I have watched those on MSM speaking out against it. That isn't what I'm talking about. I am talking about a movement of the people along the lines of the BLM or any police brutality or anonymous.

MSM is one thing, a movement where real people and communities get involved is quite another.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I have watched those on MSM speaking out against it. That isn't what I'm talking about. I am talking about a movement of the people along the lines of the BLM or any police brutality or anonymous.

What good would it do for people to start a movement against extremism like BLM? Look at how BLM is demonized and marginalized. Once any "grass roots" movement tries to rise-up it is politicized and then it becomes fodder for the partisan hacks of the world.

Also, what is the purpose of the hashtag in the title? Is that some sort of nod to the self-aggrandizing nuts on Twitter?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Kapusta
More of your #...

Go do your homework .

Stop already.

MSM is one thing, a movement where real people and communities get involved is quite another.

if Muslims started a movement they would quickly be labled a terrorist organisation.

This is TRUE it happend with the organisation CAIR.

This is the sad reality of it in todays society.

new topics

top topics

join