It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened to the People?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
What has happened to the people of this world? Where are the movements, the protests. The strength and solidarity of the people? In the 60s there were the anti-war protests in the United States and many took part. The civil rights movements in the USA of the 60s and 70s. The 80s in Poland the rise of solidarity as a counter to the Communist rule and martial law. What has happened to the will of the people? In the past we would have went on strike. We would boycott. We would protest. We would make show of our displeasure. We are being globally abused. People are living under the poverty line, or working multiple jobs in order to survive. The products we purchase our often low quality, but all we do is complain. Worse still many corporations directly or indirectly use child labor and child slavery. Two known industries that make use of this illegal and unethical practice are the Clothing and Chocolate industries. Where are the boycotts? Do we not demand the respect of the corporations to provide proper products and services to us and do we really support child labor/slavery? Where are the protests against the "War on Terror" and the lies and corruption of the governments that are meant to serve us? Has the will of the people died away? I believe in political activity, activity comparable to the anti-war protests of the Vietnam War era and up to the form of revolution.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

I'm guessing most of them have taken their prescribed meds that they probably don't really need, ingested their fluoride and are too busy posting pictures of the GMO and chemical laden food they ordered and other crap to Facebook on their iPhones to care about what a pathetic state the world is currently in.

Pretty F'ing sad isn't it?
edit on 16-11-2015 by ShadowLink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink
I've asked myself this many times, I'm sorry for posting it when I lack emotion to make it more colorful, but I really am curious. What has happened. Next semester I hope to take the Intro to International and American Politics, and Crime and Society. Those three courses I hope will allow me to perhaps follow a political activist route. Though I can't align to any organization, my ideas are too different. I want to awaken the people. We have to awaken the people.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
What has happened to the people of this world? Where are the movements, the protests. The strength and solidarity of the people? In the 60s there were the anti-war protests in the United States and many took part. The civil rights movements in the USA of the 60s and 70s. The 80s in Poland the rise of solidarity as a counter to the Communist rule and martial law. What has happened to the will of the people? In the past we would have went on strike. We would boycott. We would protest. We would make show of our displeasure. We are being globally abused. People are living under the poverty line, or working multiple jobs in order to survive. The products we purchase our often low quality, but all we do is complain. Worse still many corporations directly or indirectly use child labor and child slavery. Two known industries that make use of this illegal and unethical practice are the Clothing and Chocolate industries. Where are the boycotts? Do we not demand the respect of the corporations to provide proper products and services to us and do we really support child labor/slavery? Where are the protests against the "War on Terror" and the lies and corruption of the governments that are meant to serve us? Has the will of the people died away? I believe in political activity, activity comparable to the anti-war protests of the Vietnam War era and up to the form of revolution.

You are looking at it.

Everyone is too plugged in and tuned out.

Most have decided to let their fingers do the walking and the talking.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I'm not even sure their fingers have the control. They're just being fed some propaganda and poor quality products and accept it. Could it be the human spirit is dead.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

A third of the people got "the crazy," another third has the "I'm tired of this, goodnight" ailment, and the last third is just going to get on the internet and complain about it.

That's a good summary to start.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
Well to be fair I don't think absolutely everyone does, but most. And I hope you don't mean that I'm in that last third. We should take things into our own hands. Hope to one day to just that.

edit on 16-11-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It moved from what is best for us, to what I want.

Because this is now time for I (me) and not us (we) all the potential social change is diluted. There is no unified value or message to get behind. Therefor no great social change.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I do agree with you, I think for the most part society has become self-centered, but I also think that people have just been so dumbed down that they can't rally together. Too lazy and unthinking.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I do agree with you, I think for the most part society has become self-centered, but I also think that people have just been so dumbed down that they can't rally together. Too lazy and unthinking.

Lazy and unthinking makes for easy manipulation to a cause. Thinking for one's self is where a rift comes from.
The problems come from thinking without fact checking. In other words People are acting on information without fact checking the information, or allowing history to dictate their actions regardless of the truth of today,

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Well there is a cause, anything the government wants essentially. And I'd argue that thinking without fact checking isn't really thinking at all.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I'll tell you where they went.

They were unionized back then and people grew up with parents that belonged to unions. Grouping up and protesting for what you collectively wanted was what everyone did back then pretty much. The unions are all almost gone now,busted up by an excellent propaganda campaign by corporations. Was there corruption? Totally,just like there is in our government,no matter what level you talk about. I don't see anyone trying to get rid of the government,do you? Back then union workers were proud of going to jail for protesting,it was a right of passage for any loyal union person. Now, pretty much gone.

Unions are evil and anti democratic now. People are too busy taking selfies to look around and see what is happening in the real world. Now you want to avoid going to jail for anything or you will never get a decent job due to your record. Few are socially conscious in each generation,and it gets less all the time.

People really don't care who is being used as slave labor,so long as they can buy the item at a cost they can afford. People were committing suicide in China due to work conditions at the Apple plant,and their solution was to put up suicide nets? Don't bother to fix the issues the workers are having right? Have you seen where it has hurt Apple's business? Have you heard anyone saying "I'm not buying the new Iphone,BECAUSE of the way Apple is treating its employees in China"? Of course not, gimmee gimmee gimmee.Thats all I see everywhere now. Every once in a while I see someone trying to change things,but there just isn't enough of them to really make a difference in how people all over the world are being treated. Sad sad state of affairs.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

What Happened to the People?

They are confused, fearful and frustrated with trying to work out whos right, whose wrong about todays problems and what the solution is. In sheer frustration they have given up in disgust because they cant see or find answers and solutions to the things that are complicating their lives which gets more complicated each day.

As a reuslt of this they are head down and arse up focusing on their own lives, just trying to survive and stay out of trouble. At the same time they are urnning on a tread mill that is forcing them to run faster and faster all the time and so they focus only on their own immediate lives as they no longer have the time or the energy to think of others.

Many like me, many feel they are falling down a funnel that is leading into hell with continual loss of rights, privacy, options and choices. More and more people are starting to actually feel like their soverigninty as free independent human being is being comprimised because we know that through laws and technology our personal soverignity is being stipped away. More and more we are begining to feel like we are owned, and that frightens the hell outa people and makes them feel frightened.

This is another factor impacting on peoples lives.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue
The thing is I don't think most people are trying to work out what's right or wrong. I think most people are just following the idiot-tube. I think people aren't just trying to survive, and note that in this discussion I mean first world countries. I think people are enjoying life and not thinking about anything beyond entertainment. Most people are self-absorbed. I'm not even sure people are realizing what is happening to there rights and privacy.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You mention boycott in your post and I'm a great believer in this.

If I think something is being unethically produced then I won't buy it. If it comes from a country I don't support then I can leave it in the shops.

When the woman in the Village Shop offended me, I ceased to be a customer there.

You can only go so far, there'll always be some issue you're not aware of or some action you just can't avoid, but it's good to at least make the effort.

There are plenty of people posting information all over the internet - a Google search can dig up wonders - not everyone is complacent.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

What has happened to the people of this world? Where are the movements, the protests. The strength and solidarity of the people?

Perhaps due to the spread of knowledge via the WWW people are aware that protests are futile.

In fact, everything I've read tells me that TPTB want us to protest.

They've have been behind every revolution throughout history.

It doesn't seem to make much sense but the sources are good.

"One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes a revolution in order to establish a dictatorship." ~ George Orwell's 1984

"Princeton historian James Billington ( Fire in the Minds of Men) traces how all the revolutions were started by this occult elite.

"...the infiltration and take over (via revolutions) of all western governments with the USA as its "prize". Thru the centuries, the Illuminati has financed and promoted every revolution including The French and American Revolution." LINK

"Let us spread the spirit of revolution in the minds of the people."

Speeches at B'nai B'rith in 1936

College textbooks present war and revolution as accidental results of conflicting forces. This is nonsense, says Dr. Sutton. They are created and financed by Wall Street to create a new world order. But you won't read this in history books. Dr. Anthony Sutton

originally posted by: petrus4
The Illuminati use revolution as a means of institutional theft, or the re-acquisition of property into their own hands. They tell everyone else that the purpose of revolution is to make the common man free, but that is not their real purpose with it. Their real purpose is for everyone else to lose what they own during the looting and chaos, and they end up getting hold of it in the process.

That is what they did during the Depression, and again in 2008. It's the reason why they deliberately engineer economic systems with structural flaws and weaknesses built in. Eventually they know that they are going to want to crash the system. They do it in waves, and every time they do it, they end up with more and more property, and everyone else with less.

edit on 17-11-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
I heavily disagree. Revolution is to create or secure freedom, but people fail to realize it is only for a short amount of time before another revolution needs to take place. Over 230 years ago there was a revolution. It is past due, or perhaps the time, to create a new one to secure our freedoms once again. I personally do not believe in the "Illuminati", but can assure you that I dream a Revolution and that I am neither Illuminati nor have been influenced by anything other than my own thinking.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike
Ok so I have to ask. What if Company A uses child labor/slavery for an unfinished product and Company B purchases the unfinished product from Company A to create and sell a finished product. Would you buy the product from Company B? Does it matter whether or not Company B is aware of the child labor/slavery? While not everyone is complacent, even those that aren't, are too complacent. There is too little action. And true it is not the easiest to research every company and producer and then check where they purchased their materials and whether some unethical practice was used in either the materials or finished product.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The issue of child labour or poorly paid workers is a tricky one.

The question, to me, is what happens to those employees if the business they work for can no longer sell their produce?

In countries with no welfare system in place, how are people to feed and clothe themselves if they can find no work at all?

Everything happens, or appears to, in plain sight now. That's how comfortable the PTB are. They have everything sewn up so tight it's hard for any of us to protest or make a difference. I say 'do what you can'. It might only seem to be a drop in the Ocean to some, but how many drops make an Ocean?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I heavily disagree. Revolution is to create or secure freedom...

My sig quote address's this, check it...

Like I said, TPTB have been behind every revolution throughout history.

I wouldn't believe it either if it weren't for the fact that numerous solid sources all agree and correlate with one another.

I personally do not believe in the "Illuminati"...

Has it ever occurred to you that you were never MEANT to believe in them?

Modern Western culture is based on denying objective truth and erecting a false reality in its place. The New World Order is dedicated to replacing Truth with a solipsism created by the same people who create money from nothing and charge interest.

"We have already contrived to possess of the minds of the goy communities...[they are] looking through the spectacles we are setting astride their noses." (Protocols of Zion, 12)

Modern society is based on a solipsism created by Illuminati (Cabalist) Jewish bankers and their Masonic minions. The word "solipsism" means a self-created reality that has little or no connection with Truth. Instead of being dedicated to Truth, humanity has been hijacked by the bankers. The "New World Order" is a solipsism that stymies and enslaves mankind while increasing the bankers' power and wealth. We are being drawn into a solipsism that inverts good and evil; truth and lies. We are being inducted into a satanic cult.

Denying Reality

Again, the evidence is simply too massive and the sources all too reliable.

Fletcher Prouty called it ‘The Secret Team’.

George Washington called it the ‘Illuminati’.

Ralph Epperson called it ‘The Unseen Hand’

Benjamin Disraeli called it ‘The Hidden hand’.

Danny Casolaro called it ‘The Octopus’.

"They" were also referred to in ancient times as the ‘Brotherhood of the Snake’, or the ‘Brotherhood of the Dragon’.

Jesus more appropriately called them the ‘Synagogue of Satan’.

AKA: NWO or the Shadow government.

Past presidents of the United States and other high profile political leaders have repeatedly issued warnings over the last 214 years that the U.S. government is under the control of an “invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.”

According to six of our former presidents, one vice-president, and a myriad of other high profile political leaders, an invisible government that is “incredibly evil in intent” has been in control of the U.S. government “ever since the days of Andrew Jackson” (since at least 1836). They “virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both parties… It operates under cover of a self-created screen [and] seizes our executive officers, legislative bodies, schools, courts, newspapers and every agency created for the public protection.”

“A power has risen up in the government greater than the people themselves, consisting of many and various powerful interests, combined in one mass, and held together by the cohesive power of the vast surplus in banks.” – John C. Calhoun, Vice President (1825-1832)

From Washington to JFK: Former Presidents Warn About Illuminati

"Governments do not govern, but merely control the machinery of government, being themselves controlled by the hidden hand." ~ Benjamin Disraeli; Prime Minister of England

“Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.”— Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States

"Danny Casolaro called it "the Octopus". A vast, interlocking network of criminal conspiracy that reaches into every branch and agency of the U.S. government, many other national governments, and every sector of our societies."

“It was not my intention to doubt that, the Doctrines of the Illuminati, and principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more truly satisfied of this fact than I am. The idea that I meant to convey, was, that I did not believe that the Lodges of Free Masons in this Country had, as Societies, endeavoured to propagate the diabolical tenets of the first, or pernicious principles of the latter (if they are susceptible of separation).” (George Washington, shortly before he died)

George Washington's Warning About The Illuminati

edit on 17-11-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join