It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The inverted cross in France.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
I have half a mind to create a thread in 13 hours about Satanism just to clarify what it is, and isn't.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The cross is a Latin Mark for Christianity
But was not the first mark they used

it was Constantine who installed Christianity in Rome
Before he took Rome he prayed to the supreme God for Victory
And his army witnessed a symbol above the sun and the words use this to fight all your battles
It was the Greek mark the Chi ryo
You can see it on all the Roman coins
After 325ad
And thanks to Calvin who started to make false accusations by claiming Catholics worshiped idols has cursed any object that leads you to salvation as evil
And all the Christian groups tossed their objects
But not the Catholic
They stood their ground
They were not fooled
Any object that leads you to salvation
In Jesus Christ is fine by me.
As for france
The government of France has spent
200years removing Jesus from their people
To see any sign of Jesus in France is a blessing
There maybe hope for France after all.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IridiumFlareMadness

Thanks. I just did some searching and I can't find any historical source for that specific origin. There's a lot of the same stuff repeated over and over in many different places though, but can't seem to find any actual historical record. There are a few that reference;

This is according to Nestorius the Syrian, Patriarch of Constantinopel in 428-431 BC. In his works he describes the persecution of Christians by Nero. Since that time the Nero Cross received the name "Sign of the Broken Christian," or "of the Broken Jew," with reference to Peter. Three years after Peter's death the Roman legions marched into Jerusalem, and they had on their banners the Nero Cross as their insignia.

Which sounds quite convincing but looking into it further I can't find any information to verify it. I did find the opposite, which appears to disprove it.

A hoax created by a group of ultra-conservative Christians who set out to dupe America by means of an elaborate fraud. The prime mover in the hoax was David E. Gumaer, a right-wing, anti-Semitic extremist. His accomplices were Billy James Hargis, an evangelical preacher, Marjorie Jensen, a housewife, and Scott Stanley, editor of American Opinion magazine. They were all members of the John Birch Society, which worked energetically on promoting the hoax between 1968 and 1971. Their work was so effective that it now circulates as internet junk.

passionatesceptic.blogspot.co.uk...
edit on 17-11-2015 by Paradeox because: Editing.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Oh ffs, it's the ******g Eiffel tower. Get a grip...

You might as well go cloud-watching and purposely keep looking for shapes.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Hmm, well I know what this symbol is supposed to represent and why it was used yesterday but let`s just say I`m not very fond of it for some reason. It gives me strange vibes. I think I`m more comfortable with the dove or olive branch symbol.

What the wiki says about the author of the new-age peace symbol.

Holtom later wrote to Hugh Brock, editor of Peace News, explaining the genesis of his idea:

I was in despair. Deep despair. I drew myself: the representative of an individual in despair, with hands palm outstretched outwards and downwards in the manner of Goya's peasant before the firing squad. I formalised the drawing into a line and put a circle round it.

There is more...

Ken Kolsbun, a correspondent of Holtom's, says that the designer came to regret the symbolism of despair, as he felt that peace was something to be celebrated and wanted the symbol to be inverted. Eric Austen is said to have "discovered that the 'gesture of despair' motif had long been associated with 'the death of man', and the circle with 'the unborn child'". Some time later, Peggy Duff, general secretary of CND between 1958 and 1967, repeated this interpretation in an interview with a US newspaper, saying that the inside of the symbol was a "runic symbol for death of man" and the circle the "symbol for the unborn child".

A man in Despair? Runic symbol for death of man? Maybe it`s just me but the way and purpose it was created for in the first place is just wrong.

Also did you know that this is actually inverted tree of life symbol? Don`t believe me? Take a look...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Oh come on... this isnt an inverted cross at all.

Its simply a symbol someone came up with (do you not see the Eiffel tower?) to bring the people together, which it has.

There's nothing behind this. Too much coffee and internet for you today sir!

edit on 17-11-2015 by capragenus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: Volund
a reply to: Tundra

It's the rune of death. Common in pagan cemeteries and some illuminati rites, but what do I know....

It's also the letter 'K' in most runic alphabets. And a peace sign. And a simplistic form of the Eiffel Tower. And probably a whole bunch of other things. Given the context, I'd say the Eiffel Tower/peace sign explanation seems far more likely than some obscure "rune of death".
it's name is algiz its a rune of protection theres more i just wanted to keep it simple enough to understand

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

From my studies no, that is all I'm gonna say

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons
God god man, Starbucks using red cups!!!!! They're supporting communism as red is the communist colour. Or something like that.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It is not the rune of death you are right there, it is the rune of protection and energy coming from above and taking root on earth. Just like what all trees do.a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

It is not the rune of death you are right there, it is the rune of protection and energy coming from above and taking root on earth. Just like what all trees do.

It is INVERTED/REVERSED Algiz (rune of protection)

Y - Algiz (Z or -R: Elk, protection.) Protection, a shield. The protective urge to shelter oneself or others. Defense, warding off of evil, shield, guardian. Connection with the gods, awakening, higher life. It can be used to channel energies appropriately. Follow your instincts. Keep hold of success or maintain a position won or earned. Algiz Reversed: or Merkstave: Hidden danger, consumption by divine forces, loss of divine link. Taboo, warning, turning away, that which repels.

www.sunnyway.com...

Communication with Divine Entities

The second is the ability to communicate with gods and entities of the Higher Realms, particularly Heimdall and the Valkyries, who are the guardians of Valhalla and watch over their favored warriors. The symbol, reversed, might be used to access the realm of the dead, giants, and the unconscious. Tread carefully!

runesecrets.com...

Merkstave: when a rune drawn for a reading comes up reversed, resulting in a reversal of its meaning. Literally means "dark stick."

www.terrapsych.com...

Never mess with different alphabets as you will get distorted meaning...and please be careful...Now I know why it gives me bad vibes...
edit on 17-11-2015 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I say potato and it turns into Satan.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

If you want the Eiffel Tower incorporated into a stylized peace sign, then you better show the Eiffel Tower looking like the Eiffel Tower -- which includes that horizontal cross-member 1/4 of the way up that creates the 1st level.

If the graphic designer (artist Jean Jullien) left out that horizontal line, then it wouldn't look like the Eiffel Tower (it would look like just a peace sign); if he left out the vertical line, then it wouldn't look like a peace sign (it would look like a Mecedes Benz logo) -- and thus the graphic designer would have failed to make the graphic look like what he wanted it to be.

There is no sinister conspiracy to intentionally include an inverted cross connotation here.

edit on 11/18/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Just please don't come here with condescending behavior

Yeah good ideas there.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Yeah good ideas there.

Pretty lame you need to come to a 5 year old thread to say that.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tundra

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Yeah good ideas there.

Pretty lame you need to come to a 5 year old thread to say that.

Lol!! Your ideas and including what is lame are completely opposite mine.
After all I have my high Horse right? yours must be the opposite.
Just glanced over your stuff to see who you are, I didn't think a comment was off limits.

edit on 19-7-2020 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It could just be art: www.spellingmistakescostlives.com...

"While I was in Munich in April installing my Empire Air exhibition I heard about a new law passed by Bavarian Minister President Markus Söder, which mandates for Christian crosses to be hung in the entrance of every Bavarian state building.

I thought I would help out by sending crucifixes to dozens of state buildings along with instructions on how to hang them and a letter from Markus Söder himself.

The only alteration I made to the crosses was to place the hanging hook on the bottom edge, a small detail which would force the crucifix to be hung upside down. But that shouldn't matter, since Söder said the cross was "not a religious symbol" and Bavarian Interior Ministry spokesman Oliver Platzer said “We are happy about every cross that is hung up,” and that each state authority “should hang up the cross as they think best”.

edit on 20-7-2020 by markojo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join