It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My problem with ISIS/Bin Laden/Al Qaeda/et al....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So, ISIS attacked Paris. Crowded city, with many immigrants already there.

ISIS has done next to nothing "official" to the United States. But, they paint a huge target on DC.

Interesting. Might as well go after Mount Rushmore.

Here's my problem with everything since 9/11.

I truly have a hard time accepting the choice of targets. A bastion of white collar america? The Pentagon? And now ISIS is threatening DC?

If they were bank robbers, they'd be going after Ft Knox based off of their choice and methodology.

If TERROR is the goal....strike the heart. Make Americans AFRAID.

Black Friday.
Superbowl.
Christmas.
Small Town USA.
Multiple coordinated targets.

I guess the US should simply be glad I'm not sitting in on any of the "terrorist" planning meetings.

I give them a C- for effort.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

There's a lot wrong with all of this stuff, but if we point it out for them they'll fix it!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Remember this oldie but goodie? If you haven't, check it out.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I really don't typically do video online.

Could you offer a brief synopsis?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
My problem is:

- they are funded by our tax $$$$$
- they still exist via Western interest and agenda
- they are f*king stupid and moronic, degraded excuses of human beings
- I'm sick of hearing about them and reminded they exist on the same planet I do
- Obama loves them and not Americans

Last one was for emotion charge, relax

It's all for political interests. How can we hate the bomber but not those funding, organizing and orchastrating the bombers?

It's like hating Frankenstein but being neutral to Victor. Frankenstein is dumb and useless, would never exist if it weren't for the doctor.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I've often thought....

10-20 coordinated mall strikes on black friday.

It would tank the economy. It would tank the morale. It would scare the bejeezus out of jeezus.

edit on 16-11-2015 by nullafides because: SQUIRREL!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

The curious thing is they don't fix it. Targeting civilians is extraordinarily easy (especially for those willing to die in the process).

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

Imagine a suicide bomber on a packed underground train, such as in NYC or DC?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

The film compares the rise of the neoconservative movement in the United States and the radical Islamist movement, drawing comparisons between their origins, and remarking on similarities between the two groups. More controversially, it argues that radical Islamism as a massive, sinister organisation, specifically in the form of al-Qaeda, is a myth, or noble lie, perpetuated by leaders of many countries—and particularly neoconservatives in the U.S.—in a renewed attempt to unite and inspire their people after the ultimate failure of more utopian ideas.

The Power of Nightmares was praised by film critics in Britain and the United States. Its message and content have also been the subject of various critiques and criticisms from conservatives and progressives.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

But, you know...I'm an all or nothing kind of guy. If I do something, I DO it.

None of this pussy-footing around.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I know there is a lot more behind this but just to make a very simple point.

Strictly looking at the geography of all of this its much easier for ISIS to strike at Europe and cause just as much terror than it would be to strike at America. Further more just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it wont.

One final short point.

Why the hell does everything have to revolve around America??

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist
Just to point out to you Frankenstien was the doctor, Victor Frankenstien was his name . As far as I know he never gave his creation a name.

edit on 17-11-2015 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
My problem is:

- they are funded by our tax $$$$$

- they still exist via Western interest and agenda

- they are f*king stupid and moronic, degraded excuses of human beings

- I'm sick of hearing about them and reminded they exist on the same planet I do

- Obama loves them and not Americans

Last one was for emotion charge, relax

It's all for political interests. How can we hate the bomber but not those funding, organizing and orchastrating the bombers?

It's like hating Frankenstein but being neutral to Victor. Frankenstein is dumb and useless, would never exist if it weren't for the doctor.

Frankenstien was the doctor not the monster he created.

Which also brings me to another point which has bothered me for some time.
How does our governments backing of the "Syrian rebels" measure up to the regulations and conditions set forth in the Patriot Act concerning the aiding of terrorist organizations. Does it only apply to those which may pose a threat us or is it to be applied to all those countries involved in the "war on Terror"?
After all, we are "supposed to be " a nation were no one is above the law. Could our own government be held liable for it's action under the Patriot Act.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tinymind
Tiny, You are falling for the biggest BS lies that come out of a lot of these posters. Let me tell you that they have absolutely NO EVIDENCE at all that 1. America is backing Isis .2. They have NO EVIDENCE that the British monarchy is backing Isis . Yet they talk with the authority that it is true. Be realistic, if they had that evidence the crap would hit the fan big time.
Yes, Isis has got American and British weaponry but not supplied directly to them. Those that relate how they got the weaponry conveniently forget to mention that they got the weapons second hand from Iraqis and others in that area that was left by the coalition forces or when the coalition forces left and they armed the then ruling Iraqis to defend themselves. Plus quite a few of these Iraqis converted to Isis taking their weapons with them.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I was not aware asking questions is equated with falling for someones line of BS. If that be the case many in our government are in much worse shape than even I had thought.

I thought I was asking about how the Patriot Act would apply to groups outside of the US as well as those here at home. This would, of course, include even those who work for our government should it be shown they were direstly involved. I don't have any idea who we could find to prosicute them if such evidence were found.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
So, ISIS attacked Paris. Crowded city, with many immigrants already there.

ISIS has done next to nothing "official" to the United States. But, they paint a huge target on DC.

Interesting. Might as well go after Mount Rushmore.

Here's my problem with everything since 9/11.

I truly have a hard time accepting the choice of targets. A bastion of white collar america? The Pentagon? And now ISIS is threatening DC?

If they were bank robbers, they'd be going after Ft Knox based off of their choice and methodology.

If TERROR is the goal....strike the heart. Make Americans AFRAID.

Black Friday.
Superbowl.
Christmas.
Small Town USA.
Multiple coordinated targets.

I guess the US should simply be glad I'm not sitting in on any of the "terrorist" planning meetings.

I give them a C- for effort.

Do you have any idea how hard it is run a coordinated terror organization in the US? You can forget using phones or the internet its to risky. You can forget about having meetings because if just one of your people is under suspicion it would blow the entire thing. You have to operate in big cities, small towns you would be noticed. You can not hit places with high security like the Super Bowl. Getting enough people trained, armed and coordinated in the US would be a very hard thing to do.

And then you have the main reason. You can attack France, Russia, and heck the rest of the world and their is not going to be all that much blow back. Some bombings maybe but, nobody else has the power to really come down on you. The US does. And it has. One terror attack then 16 years of wars and everybody related to it hunted down and dead. An ISIS attack on the US like Paris would mean US forces rolling into Syria and Iraq followed by Arab League forces and ISIS worst nightmare. Sure it would mean another 20 years of war for the US but, the one thing the US does not seem to mind is non stop war.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I'm pleased to hear you've formed your own opinion.

However, it is just your opinion....

.....as mine is merely mine.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

This is truly a great video I saw it a long time ago. Everybody should watch this in fact it aught to be on 60 minutes, of course it wont

new topics

top topics

join