It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz’s Religious Test for Syrian Refugees

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OuttaHere

originally posted by: Aazadan

Then why does it make sense for the Christians to come here? We're not a Christian nation, if it doesn't make sense for the Muslims it doesn't make sense for the Christians.

Because unlike Muslim nations, Western nations are not going to make Christian refugees into second class citizens. And Christian refugees are not a threat to our national security in the same way that the Muslim refugees are.

Agree, I find it really hard to believe that people can be this naive. I have to assume some Political Correct sentiments overriding the person's Common Sense / Logic / Rational Thought.

It is obvious that if we were to choose to import Syrian refugees into this nation, We would prefer those with the least statistical likelihood of endangering the citizens of the United States.
edit on 16-11-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Then why does it make sense for the Christians to come here? We're not a Christian nation, if it doesn't make sense for the Muslims it doesn't make sense for the Christians.

Because unlike Muslim nations, Western nations are not going to make Christian refugees into second class citizens. And Christian refugees are not a threat to our national security in the same way that the Muslim refugees are.

I find it really hard to believe that people can be this naive. I have to assume some Political Correct sentiments overriding one's Common Sense / logic.

I so want to ask Cruz if he'd let Jesus in but deny entry to Mary and Joseph. (I'm sure I got my characters mixed up there....)

Also? Most terrorists are well-funded enough to fly in, and don't need to endure the hardships and checks and trials these refugees have to suffer to even gain entry into almost any country.

edit on 11/16/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

He said this crap at a middle school? Good grief. Talk about indoctrination.

Of course it makes sense to not send Christian refugees to non-secular Muslim nations. But there's no rational reason to not accept Muslim refugee's to secular United States. Freedom of religion, remember?
edit on 11/16/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I guess the plan is that those middle schoolers will go home and tell mom and dad who will then, with luck, vote for Cruz?

His blatant quest for the Christian vote is really quite disturbing.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Because unlike Muslim nations, Western nations are not going to make Christian refugees into second class citizens.

Not much of a student of history are you? Tell me how well it worked out for the Irish in the mid 19th century when they arrived in America. Were they or were they not second class citizens, just like every other ethnic group that came here en masse. Every new immigrant group is relegated to 2nd class citizen land regardless of their religious proclivities.

And Christian refugees are not a threat to our national security in the same way that the Muslim refugees are.

Please, enlighten me as to why one group of refugees is better for America than the other aside from ignorant viewpoints and media stereotypes.

originally posted by: buster2010
Aside from the fact that Christian terrorist have killed more people in America than Muslim extremist?

Name ONE Assyrian Christian terrorist event.

Nobody said anything about one specific church, he said Christian Terrorist, not Assyrian Christian. Off the top of my head, the "Troubles" in Ireland was Catholic on Protestant violence for decades, Eric Rudolph who set off a bomb at the Atlanta Olympics as well as his penchant for blowing up Abortion Clinics in the name of God, every abortion clinic bombing and arson, Oklahoma City, The Lebanese Civil War in the 80's, 2014 in the Central African Republic Christian Militias burned and bombed every mosque they could find and lynched Muslim political leaders and canibalizing slain Muslim leaving thousands dead and over 600,000 displaced. I could go on for days with examples. There are Christian Terrorists in every country on Earth and ignoring the reality of that in lieu of villainizing another faith that you have little to no first hand experience with is sad, willfully ignorant and unfortunate.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

And let's take this tidbit from the article about what he said.

He told reporters that we should accept Christians from Syria, and only Christians, because “There is no meaningful risk of Christians committing acts of terror.”

What is untrue in that statement? Seriously?
Aside from the fact that Christian terrorist have killed more people in America than Muslim extremist?

LOL,

Show me some of those specific "I KILL YOU FOR JESUS" massacres and suicide bombings here in the US please.

Let's see that enormous body count from say 9/10/2001 to today

Right-wing terrorists twice as likely to kill Americans than Muslim jihadists are ‒ report

Nearly twice as many Americans have been killed by right-wing extremists since 9/11 as have died at the hands of radical Muslims on US soil, a new report found. There have also been nearly three times as many deadly right-wing attacks as jihadist ones. In almost a decade-and-a-half, 48 Americans have died in the US in 19 attacks by white supremacists, so-called “sovereign citizens” and other non-Muslim extremists, while 26 have died in seven jihadist attacks on US soil during that same time period, research center New America found as it compiled a new database on deadly attacks in the US since 9/11.

Deadly Attacks Since 9/11

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I see white supremacists and sovereign citizens.

Where are these "Die in the name of Christ Jesus" killers and suicide bombers.

Oh, that is right. There aren't none.

Cmon, at least scour the internet and find one mass casualty done in the name of Jesus here in the US.

Someone had to yell "for jesus" when they did some mass casualty event here in the US in the last 20 years right? Somewhere?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Oh, your stats are bogus. Here are 33 just from the last 9 years and these are just the ones where the perp references Islam as the reason.

March 3, 2006 – Mohammed Reza Taheri-azar, an Iranian-American seeking to “avenge the deaths of Muslims worldwide” and “punish” the U.S. government, intentionally runs down and injures nine people with his sport utility vehicle on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He pleaded guilty to nine counts of attempted first-degree murder and was sentenced to 33 years in prison.

June 25, 2006 – Michael Julius Ford, a 22-year-old convert to Islam, uses a long-barrel handgun to shoot four co-workers and a police officer at a Denver, Colorado, Safeway, claiming the attack was “Allah’s choice.” One person died in the shooting spree. When Ford fired at police, he was shot and killed.

July 28, 2006 – Muslim Pakistani man Naveed Afzal Haq shot six women, killing one, at the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle building in Seattle, Washington. Haq grabbed a 14-year-old girl and used her as a hostage during the attack. Officials classified the attack as a “hate crime” rather than terrorism.

June 1, 2009 – In a drive-by shooting, Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad – a convert to Islam who had traveled to Yemen and was deported to the U.S. for overstaying his visa – opened fire on U.S. soldiers standing in front of a Little Rock, Arkansas, recruiting office. Muhammad killed one private and injured another. When he was arrested Muhammad explained that he had planned to kill as many soldiers as possible and was given the assignment by Al-Qaeda in the Arab Peninsula.

Nov. 5, 2009 – Muslim gunman Nidal Malik Hassan, an Army psychiatrist, fatally shoots 13 people and wounds 30 others at Fort Hood, Texas.

Jan. 15, 2012 – A Jordanian Muslim man, Ali Mahwood-Awad Irsan, 57, gunned down Iranian medical student, Gelareh Bagherzadeh, a friend of his daughter and a Christian convert who widely denounced Islam. He later killed his Christian son-in-law after his daughter married him without permission. Assistant Harris County District Attorney Tammy Thomas told a district judge, “He said, ‘I killed that b–ch, and you’re next. No one insults my honor as a Muslim and gets away with it.’”

Feb. 7, 2013 – Yusuf Ibrahim, 28, shot two Coptic Christians to death and beheaded them in Buena Vista, New Jersey. He also removed their hands before burying their bodies in the backyard of an abandoned house. Quran 8:12 states, “When thy Lord was revealing to the angels, ‘I am with you; so confirm the believers. I shall cast into the unbelievers’ hearts terror; so smite above the necks, and smite every finger of them!”

April 15, 2013 – Muslim Chechen brothers Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and Tamerlan Tsarnaev detonate two pressure cooker bombs during the Boston Marathon, killing three people and injuring an estimated 264 others. After the bombing, they killed an MIT policeman, stole an SUV and exchanged gunfire with police. Tamerlan was shot and his brother drove over him with the stolen SUV. Tamerlan was pronounced dead at the scene. After a manhunt, police found Dzhokhar hiding in a boat in a man’s backyard. Dzokhar has been sentenced to death.

April 27, 2014 – A 30-year-old Muslim man, Ali Muhammad Brown, is accused of shooting to death two men in Seattle and a man in New Jersey. According to local reports, he told police the killings were “vengeance” for U.S. actions in the Mideast. According to court documents, he said they were “just kills” and that he was “just doing my small part” as a self-styled jihadist.

Sept. 25, 2014 – Alton Nolen is accused of beheading a woman in Moore, Oklahoma. Co-workers reported that Nolen had been trying to convert them to Islam. Nolen reportedly used “some Arabic terms” during his attack and had an interest in beheadings. Nolen told a judge, “I’m Muslim. My question is, do you have any Muslims that can represent me as a Muslim?”

July 16, 2015 – Four U.S. Marines have been shot dead in an attack, reportedly by a lone Islamic gunman, on U.S. Navy facilities in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke said five people died in all, including the gunman. Two law enforcement sources told CBS News that the shooting suspect was identified as Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez, 24. Abdulazeez was born in Kuwait and emigrated to the U.S. where he reportedly became a naturalized U.S. citizen.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Did you really ask that question?

How about they will not be persecuted here as they would in a Muslim nation. That cannot be hard to grasp.

Muslims won't be persecuted here either.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Honestly? I have no words.

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that this guy is a viable candidate

"When I hear folks say that maybe we should just admit the Christians but not the Muslims, when I hear political leaders suggesting there should be a religious test for which a person fleeing from a war-torn country is admitted... that's shameful. That's not American. That's not who we are," he said.

Nice try Obama, but this is clearly a Christian nation. Those refugees will come regardless, but it's going to take Christ himself to protect them now

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
McCain slams Cruz's call for religious test for refugees

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Tuesday panned the idea of favoring Christian refugees from Syria over Muslims, delivering a rebuttal to Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), a GOP presidential candidate.

McCain said using a religious test on Syrian refugees, especially children, makes no sense.

“I don’t think any child, whether they are Christian or whether they are atheist or whether they are Buddhist, that we should make a distinction,” McCain said. “My belief is that all children are God’s children.”

Go, Senator McCain.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I have a religious test for Cruz.

• Luke 10:25-37. The Good Samaritan story.

• Luke 3:11. John the Baptist: “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.”

• Hebrews 13:2. “Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.”

• Matthew 25:35-40. “35: For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in. 36: I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. 37: Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38: When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you? […] 40: The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.”

• James 2:14-17. “14: What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16: If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17: In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.”

• 1 John 3:17. “If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?”

• Philippians 2:3-4. “3: Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4: not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.”

[Source].

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This issue, imo, is a straw man folks.

Obama is happy for it because it takes away from the fact that Obama is shrinking his duty as president when the world is in peril and he is providing no leadership.

So these bigots are helping to distract from the main issue which is Obama’s lack of leadership and strategic plan to deal with ISIS

It’s reasonable that people should want the US to make sure their not letting suicide killers in the country in light of the fact that ISIS has said they would do this.

Beyond that Cruz is glad playing the role of the bigot…it wears well on him.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I honestly don't know anything anymore, but I have had the random thought that Obama would just like to either quick strike and knock this out once and for all or get all the way out of there and fast but someone or something far more powerful is not letting him do that. It shows on his face and in his mannerisms, an internal struggle against external forces, and I believe it's been this way since the beginning and won't change either. Again, just a random thought.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
In all honesty why is ISIS a US problem, I say we pull all of our troops from the ME and let them duke it out. They have been doing so since before history was recorded. We close our borders, get our immigration system under control, deal with the domestic terrorists within the US. Grow the economy, and then we figure out if we want to be responsible for the rest of the world. I am 55 YO's, and between vietnam, bosnia, and the ME, I am pretty tired of hearing about war, and I am a veteran.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join