It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another thread about Islam. But with a question, not a statement.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Where do Radical Muslims worship? They must have separate mosques right? I mean, when you go to church/mosque/temple you are there to learn about your religion from a teacher. So where does the hate come in? Are there dark mosques and light ones? Some that preach hate, and some that preach love? Or is the message of Islam the same everywhere?

I realize that like the Westboro Baptist Church, there are groups like Nation of Islam that are perversions of religion and more of a laughing stock than a respectable group, but for these groups to form and increase in numbers, they must be taught this version of religion by someone.

I don’t know and am asking the members who might know. Share this knowledge so we can understand better. Please.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Where do Radical Muslims worship? They must have separate mosques right? I mean, when you go to church/mosque/temple you are there to learn about your religion from a teacher. So where does the hate come in? Are there dark mosques and light ones? Some that preach hate, and some that preach love? Or is the message of Islam the same everywhere?

The problem is that many see Islam as Arabs, where we've been screwing around for decades. Islam is around the globe. Most Muslims are Asian and Black. The ones WE are focusing on are the Arab Muslims..... who we haven't treated well. Where does the hate come from? Dead relatives. Ruined families. Propping up regimes that have the worst human rights records. I could go on.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

finsbury park is one of the known ones,but almost every mosque has a preacher of hate,but i guess i'll get abuse even though its fact

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Where do Radical Muslims worship?

The internet...

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Most Muslims are Asian and Black. The ones WE are focusing on are the Arab Muslims..... who we haven't treated well.

British Muslims tend to have Pakistani roots, I believe, but that hasn't prevented the growth of radicalism.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
in Egypt, I posted this once today

www.al-monitor.com...#

About 27,000 mosques will be shuttered in coordination with the 2013 order by the Ministry of Religious Endowments recently upheld by the administrative court. The move applies specifically to small gatherings, with the ministry citing places of worship that occupy less than 861 square feet as its primary target. These will include not only proper mosques, but informal gathering places, as well.

An Egyptian administrative court on Feb. 18 upheld the Ministry of Religious Endowments’ decision issued in September 2013 to close down neighborhood places of worship of less than 80 square meters (861 square feet), a move intended to protect young people from the militancy and extremism that can prevail in such places, which lack the legal standing to hold Friday prayers.

Read more: www.al-monitor.com...

western governments know where they are
edit on 16-11-2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien

almost every mosque has a preacher of hate

Really?

I have been in HUNDREDS of mosques in my life, and have YET to encounter one single "preacher of hate". What is mostly preached in the mosque is about the practical tenets of faith, i.e. the salah (prayer), charity, doing good and preventing evil, being spiritual, i.e. conscious of God in the light of His saying "O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted." (49:13).

So, my counter-question, in how many mosques have YOU been?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I realize that like the Westboro Baptist Church, there are groups like Nation of Islam that are perversions of religion and more of a laughing stock than a respectable group, but for these groups to form and increase in numbers, they must be taught this version of religion by someone.

I don’t know and am asking the members who might know. Share this knowledge so we can understand better. Please.

Since I started a thread minutes before you, and if you are talking about 'Wahhabism' there is mention in that thread of Qatar and the Saudis building 'Wahhabi' Mosques, "all over the place" that's a bit curious since 'Wahhabi' IS doesn't seem to go for the old Mosque/ Temple carry on or of building anything much, rather they seem to like knocking things down.
edit on 16-11-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien
I'm from London and believe that the majority of "hate" mosques originate in Birmingham. Many have been investigated in the past and have ties to known foiled terrorist plans.

For the OP it isn't taught during "sunday service". Many are just a front and the teachings of hatred are behind closed doors, often originating from the home. Religious leaders are a big part of young Muslims life and those that don't teach the teachings of Islam properly can easily influence the misguided.

It's attitudes / lack of willingness to understand their religion that divides and ultimately alienates these people into radicalisation.

Just remember most people go to a mosque to pray in silence. It's not a big tannoy system blurting out blasphemy.

edit on 16-11-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
While mosques often have some program to teach little kids about religion, there is not really any such concept of "learning religion from a teacher". The Imam of the mosque is there to lead the prayer. That is their sole function. On Fridays and on special holidays they give a sermon (and I suppose depending on the imam and what he says, it could be considered radical, but I've never experienced such), but that is the extent of their "teaching".

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sHuRuLuNi

www.standard.co.uk...

there is your proof so get off my case i just report the truth

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

Where do Radical Muslims worship?

The internet...

The youth are evolving in an advanced technological age. They scan the internet, get live death feeds that were not shared in the past "Current" human culture and that gives them hate energy... Then they go worship and some are mis-guided and manipulated to hate more and take in(a)ffective(ious) actions.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Find the preachers who and what ever stripe they wear that says the human population needs to be reduced to a few million (Georgia Guide Stones) and you are on the correct trail ...Try the UN and it's agenda 21 to burrow into the whole sick mess ....Yea it's the good guys that are bringing about this evil ....

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

finsbury park is one of the known ones,but almost every mosque has a preacher of hate,but i guess i'll get abuse even though its fact

Almost every????

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

a reply to: sHuRuLuNi

www.standard.co.uk...

there is your proof so get off my case i just report the truth

You found 1 guy in 1 mosque.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

there are more like choudry they sit in the mosques and target the weak minded do some research check speakers corner to
plenty of video's on you tube its real deny it if you wish

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I would hazard a guess that the radial Muslim comes from a equal combination of the following:

1. A lack of education and knowledge about the world around you.
2. Thinking that the propaganda around you is actually the truth.
3. Witnessing either first hand, for via TV, the bombing of Islamic countries by non-Islamic countries.

Then, you grab your Koran, and read it with all of those things in mind and before long you seek out like-minded individuals that share your philosophy that all non-Muslims must convert or die because that it what you have taken away from your time with the TV, internet, Koran and your lack of education.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
in Egypt, I posted this once today

www.al-monitor.com...#

About 27,000 mosques will be shuttered in coordination with the 2013 order by the Ministry of Religious Endowments recently upheld by the administrative court. The move applies specifically to small gatherings, with the ministry citing places of worship that occupy less than 861 square feet as its primary target. These will include not only proper mosques, but informal gathering places, as well.

An Egyptian administrative court on Feb. 18 upheld the Ministry of Religious Endowments’ decision issued in September 2013 to close down neighborhood places of worship of less than 80 square meters (861 square feet), a move intended to protect young people from the militancy and extremism that can prevail in such places, which lack the legal standing to hold Friday prayers.

Read more: www.al-monitor.com...

western governments know where they are

So you did post this twice. I decided to read the whole article.

Yes, Egypt is closing a lot of tiny mosques-mainly small places of worship and not what one would not think of as a mosque.. that measurement is much smaller than my house.

The country is 88% muslim. They don't believe 'more mosques' cause radicalism, they believe the mosques should be associated with the Al-Azhar Mosque and the Al-Azhar University and that imams should be more rigorously tested and also better compensated. They are more concerned with the quality of the knowledge of the preacher. "The sudden shift in position by the ministry was followed by it issuing preaching permits to 400 Salafist leadership figures that it considered extremist.." From your article source

The edict was given in 2013, upheld in February 2015. Some religious factions of Islam were against this, stating that small villages may lose their mosques. I see no follow up article that 27,000 were actually closed. In that number were small places of worship for daily prayers, like apartments, which would not meet standards.
edit on 16-11-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

As an ex-Muslim who has been to mosques across the U.S., I have encountered hateful and radical individuals [I can say this about people of all faiths], but never a hateful or radical Imam, mosque, nor group.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

you mean Middle Eastern Warlord Aetheists ?

MEWA
edit on 16/11/2015 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join