It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England vs France: 'Eyes of the world on Wembley, we must show terrorism can't win'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Police have cancelled the friendly between Germany and Holland after the stadium in Hanover was evacuated on Tuesday when a suspicious suitcase was found inside.

The Guardian

I hope they are just being over cautious

edit on 17-11-2015 by dam00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The Germany vs Netherlands match to be played in Hannover has been cancelled as well. Suspicious package was found and the stadium has been evacuated.

CX

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mchoeven
The Germany vs Netherlands match to be played in Hannover has been cancelled as well. Suspicious package was found and the stadium has been evacuated.

m.bbc.co.uk...

CX.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Ha..this really will be war now...don't mess with the football!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Merkel was supposed to be at the Germany/Holland match I think..
Lets hope the France/England game goes without any of this craziness-Cameron and Prince William will be attending that one.

Also a music venue in Hanover,Germany has just been evacuated,and a woman has been restrained attempting to get into the cockpit of a British airways flight from Heathrow to Boston...

What a lovely day.

Either everyone is panicing(which is understandable),or IS are going for broke on different fronts.
Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Merkel was supposed to be at the Germany/Holland match I think..
Lets hope the France/England game goes without any of this craziness-Cameron and Prince William will be attending that one.

Also a music venue in Hanover,Germany has just been evacuated,and a woman has been restrained attempting to get into the cockpit of a British airways flight from Heathrow to Boston...

What a lovely day.

Either everyone is panicing(which is understandable),or IS are going for broke on different fronts.
Time will tell.

My News channel is saying she tried to open an exit door, either way not good

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dam00

I just read on the UK Sky news that Massachusetts state police reported she had tried to gain entry to the cockpit..not sure whats going on with that one.
Often those who attempt to open the exit door on planes turn out to be nutters,(of the non extremist variety that is..)
Also,I am not sure about this,but wouldn't it be impossible to open an exit door in flight due to the pressure difference outside the aircraft?

I would hope that is the case.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Yes, it's impossible to open the door during flight.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
London is apparently crawling with armed police, army and SAS undercover, it's highly unlikely anyone would try anything at the moment. As we saw with the Paris attacks they went for easy targets such as people sitting at a cafe or people that were trapped in a concert hall, both places that didn't require searches to get it. They were much less successful with getting into a stadium and that was before people were on high alert.

My bet is that they will target shopping centres, streets or Christmas markets in a place outside of London when the initial security is less visible. One of their videos recently released has told them to wait and then target shopping centres.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I thought no-one would attack London or elsewhere but according to twitter a there was a bomb hidden on an ambulance type vehicle outside the Hannover Stadium in Germany. That's not 100% confirmed yet. hopefully it's wrong and they were just being cautious.
edit on 17-11-2015 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Now there are reports that the ambulance bomb was mis-reported by local news and no explosives found inside the stadium...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join