It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blizzard to Bury Colorado, Nebraska and Kansas This Week!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
A HUGE storm is headed towards the Pacific Northwest that will dump a huge amount of snow on places like Colorado, Kansas and Nebraska! Torrential rains are expected in Washington state. Pretty much this storm will impact the entire western US and then head south east towards Louisiana.

This is my first "real" blizzard! We knew that snow would be an issue sometimes when we picked Colorado to move to, but I didn't expect a freaking real life blizzard so soon!

If you're in the path of this giant storm, stay safe! Me and the hubs are on our way to the grocers to get a few things and then I'm going to go out and look for a new sled. Gotta embrace the weather and have some fun!

Blizzard to Bury Colorado, Nebraska and Kansas...

ETA a link from The Weather Channel. They're forecasting the possibility of severe weather and tornados for the south!

Severe Weather Outbreak

Winter Storm Ajax isn't messing around!
edit on 16-11-2015 by lovebeck because: Added info about the severe weather expected in the south.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Hello and welcome to Colorado!

Next week it'll be 80 degrees, that's how it works round here.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Meh, it seems like when they call for 20 inches we get 8, but it melts so fast it feels like 2. We never shoveled the drive even once all last year. We moved here from Iowa about 5 years ago, and the winters here seem pretty mild to us. The kids haven't had a snow day since we moved here. Our Iowa winters - real winters - were long, cold, snowy and icy!

Your Denver snow experience will vary with your microclimate and elevation, however. We are south of Denver.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

Yeah, I don't mind the snow. There was a week last year though that was between -10 and 10 degrees and that sucked.

Coincidentally that was the same week the heater in my car went out. It was awesome lol.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Hello and welcome to Colorado!

Next week it'll be 80 degrees, that's how it works round here.

Lol, yeah I've figured that much out already. At least the now melts quickly. It would hang around for weeks in Ohio.

I'm excited about the storm...Which is already starting. It was only partly cloudy with blue skies an hour ago. Now, it's getting foggy and so cloudy you can't even see Pikes Peak!

Bring it on Ajax! Bring it!!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes
a reply to: rockintitz

Meh, it seems like when they call for 20 inches we get 8, but it melts so fast it feels like 2. We never shoveled the drive even once all last year. We moved here from Iowa about 5 years ago, and the winters here seem pretty mild to us. The kids haven't had a snow day since we moved here. Our Iowa winters - real winters - were long, cold, snowy and icy!

Your Denver snow experience will vary with your microclimate and elevation, however. We are south of Denver.

Yeah, the snow is NBD around these parts. I think the school busses have four wheel drive, lol...Jk.

We got a few inches last week (3-4") and the schools weren't even delayed. If we got that much in Ohio? They'd be closed the night before!

I like the fact that people seem "tougher" about the weather out here. I just like the people better, in general. So far, anyway!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Be safe out there.
At least they have plenty of plows and salt trucks...

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Ok, keep calm ...

It's called a French Toast Alert. Everyone will rush to the grocery store to buy milk, eggs and bread. Make sure you have some or better yet ... lots! Clean out the shelves. I have no idea why, but everyone else will be, so you should too.

Also, ice melt and a good shovel or snowblower will be your BFFs.

And do make sure you can handle being stuck at home, possibly without power for a day or more.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

One of my kids fondest memories was losing power for 4 days in an Iowa ice storm. Good times

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Meh we are hearing mid 60's possibly 70 on Wednesday in Michigan. Considering the last two winters, amild one would be nice. Heavy ice cover and spring will see a threat of flooding.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
We went to the store...Because we were low on goods. I don't grocery shop on the weekends and save that chore for every third Monday, lol.

The weather has definitely changed since this morning. It was nice, sunny and in the mid 50's and now it is cold, snowing and the winds have definitely picked up.

We're all ready now, so it can do whatever it wants to outside!

Bring it on.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cypress
Meh we are hearing mid 60's possibly 70 on Wednesday in Michigan. Considering the last two winters, amild one would be nice. Heavy ice cover and spring will see a threat of flooding.

That's awesome. I love Michigan...Definitely underrated place in the world, IMHO.

The UP is magical and if weren't SO cold there, it may have made the short list before we moved.

Very happy with Colorado so far though!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Mean while back in Kansas

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Ran AAU against a girl from Copeland.

Shows how violent the weather change is that there are tornadoes out running ahead of the snow. I hope it doesn't hit anything because it would royally be horrible to have your house destroyed and then have 18" dumped on your head.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm hoping as well all 9 fingers crossed.
Just pull this off Twitter

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Crazy that there were so many tornados, in November!

We ended up with right at 18" of snow. I-25 was shut down, heck everything was shut down for a while there.

But it seems that things are starting to calm a bit. The sun is finally making an appearance and they got the main road near our place cleared...With a CAT Earth mover!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: Cypress

That's awesome. I love Michigan...Definitely underrated place in the world, IMHO.

The UP is magical and if weren't SO cold there, it may have made the short list before we moved.

Very happy with Colorado so far though!

well the last 2 winters have seen 90% and 87% ice cover on the great lakes respectively. It literally reversed two decades of declining water levels and had all the lakes above their long term averages, up by as much as 2 ft to start the spring on a couple of them.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
We're clear now.
The beauty of this altitude is most of the time snow disappears.
The storm wasn't that big.

top topics

join