It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven charged after UK's largest ever weapons cache seizure in Kent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Happened down here a decade or so about.

A new eastern European gang came over and thought there would make a good bit of money selling guns. Ended up dumping them in the river Medway as they couldn’t sell them. Think they found something like 200 guns in the river.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: nonspecific

Happened down here a decade or so about.

A new eastern European gang came over and thought there would make a good bit of money selling guns. Ended up dumping them in the river Medway as they couldn’t sell them. Think they found something like 200 guns in the river.

I am surprised I never heard about that.

I can imagine they were somewhat disappointed when they realised assault rifles were not what the locals were looking for.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Maybe some Brits are getting sick and tired of not having the right to defend themselves should their neighborhoods be overtaken by radicals who merely want to walk door to door shooting people till they get caught then suicide themselves.

Yeah, you can keep your irrational fears of your own shadows over there in the US, thanks. We don't want this ridiculously insane stupidity infecting our country.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TigStar82

Most will be police/mi6 or whatever stings so you go and pick up your gun from the drop point and about 100 armed plod pop up and you're f----'d

I've known some seriously f'd up people and even the most addled druggie would not touch a gun unless it seriously went wrong as the risk far out weighs the gain, my mums cousin lived in Mossside in manchester and he said the drug dealer with the guns were actually the nicest people to be neighbours with you could ever find, they'd look after you and he had health problems so they'd help him carry in his shopping etc as the dealers liked nice people who knew the score (he was an ex-mercenary so had seen enough) as they like to keep their area as quiet as possible as plod with guns on the street hurts business more than giving some old guy a lift to the shops etc.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: queenofswords

I'm curious, do you know how many of the many shooting massacres in the US in recent years have been foiled by citizens who conceal-carry or otherwise?
I haven't heard of any so assume it is zero, but maybe I haven't Googled it hard enough?
Thanks in advance.

That's because the mass shooting didn't happen. . . . Or, a lawful concealed carrier was obeying the law and ended up not bringing his gun and was victimized or otherwise unhelpful. What do you think the body count would have been in the Charlestown shooting if one of the attendees was armed? What if a faculty at Newtown was armed? Aurora movie theater? Maybe they only save one life, maybe 3 or 4, but is that not worth it to you?
edit on 28-3-2016 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
but is that not worth it to people like you?

What type of 'people' do you think I am?
I've no problem with gun ownership, and/or using lethal force to defend myself or others, heck I've plunged a knife into a burglar before now and didn't even get a police caution.
I'm just questioning how many concealed carry folk have saved the day compared to the number of massacres in the US each year.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

but is that not worth it to people like you?

What type of 'people' do you think I am?
I've no problem with gun ownership, and/or using lethal force to defend myself or others, heck I've plunged a knife into a burglar before now and didn't even get a police caution.
I'm just questioning how many concealed carry folk have saved the day compared to the number of massacres in the US each year.

I've changed my post as that was a little harsh (before I saw your post just now).

My main point stands. Shockingly with how co tentious guns have gotten since Obama was elected in 2008, no study has has been done.

Lowest estimates of studies done in the 90's (iirc) was around 300k defensive gun uses per year. (I would have to find the study if you insisted)

Defensive gun use doesn't have to end with a dead perpetrators. The mere presence of a gun can still be defensive.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Defensive gun use doesn't have to end with a dead perpetrators. The mere presence of a gun can still be defensive.

I certainly agree with that, and I know for sure if I lived in the US then I would carry.
Different cultures is all, our crim's tend to only shoot other crim's, our burglars are generally just emaciated heroin addicts who don't carry weapons because simple burglary is a fine/community punishment, but carrying a weapon results in prison.
That said, I stabbed my burglar because I didn't want to find out if he had a weapon after it was too late.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Where I come from this would only be a start to a new collector. Two or three dozen firearms and 15 or 20 thousand rounds of ammo are not uncommon. I usually take close to a dozen to the range and regularly shoot at least a couple of thousand rounds. Thankfully I reload or I could not afford it.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria

Most will be police/mi6 or whatever stings so you go and pick up your gun from the drop point and about 100 armed plod pop up and you're f----'d

yeah your probably right about some of them being sting ops but there are a few sites out there that rely on customer feedback just like ebay so wouldn't take long to work out the genuine sellers, a lot of these site will ban sellers who get bad feedback, they might be criminals but theres a few good ones out there

Anyway if I ever felt the need for a bit of fire power id rather go for a Russian site I know, they have much better toys to play with lol

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

How do you know that the people giving feedback are not plod as well?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

You might have the stars of your fellow cowboys backing you up but over here there's no cause for arming everyone, there's the odd isolated incident of course but few and far between. You though, you see sooo many gun deaths on a daily basis that you're desensitised to it all and now it's a case of ''Don't take mah gurns Don't take mah gurns'' because without them you're scared, what a horrible way to live. Too late for you now though, too late to disarm everyone, you've now got to live with your gun culture legacy and put up with the mass shootings and daily death rate.

We're mainly civilised over here. You can keep your guns and we''ll deal with things how we see fit and one thing we don't want is to end up like you.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Whats BS?.... the cops arresting some gun smugglers/hoarders
Why should they (ATS ) dig deep - you're the one pretending you're a serious investigator and yet after planting the seed of their names expect others to do your digging for you. Why, so you can feign indignation?

What the hell you waffling on about.? Feel free to point out where i said i was a serious investigator. I'm actually the opposite of what you accuse me of trying to be.

I ask ATS member to dig deeper because i dont have the skills to take a picture, examine said pictures of Guns/Ammo etc and maybe tell us when the picture was taken. I dont have the skills to take the names of those supposedly involved and examine them a bit further. I simply dont believe anything i read in the press. I have good reason for that. we all do.

The reason for asking is simple, and maybe i never mentioned it at the time, but i believe i have seen the pics of those guns and ammo somewhere before. A long time ago. As for my statement that this thread would not reach 30 pages because those supposedly arrested where not or did not sound Muslim. (yet to see pics of those arrested)? Point proven.

Have we heard anything else about this case?. I know, it's a bit early, but a case involving probably one of the biggest weapons caches ever to be found in the UK in a long time, and considering the times we are living in, just seems to have disappeared off the radar.

As i said. If those involved had Muslim sounding names this thread would have hit 30 pages and we would have pics of all those involved, we would have the name of the Mosque they attended, the Iman they studied under and the obvious IS connection. We would know everything about them, be it true or made up media garbage as usual. It would have been massive news for months...Silence...why.?

Thanks to whoever for posting back in this thread. I could be wrong, but this case might never see the light of day in a court law...Why. I 'm not sure it even happened the way they the media and police, said it happened.

This is a conspiracy site right?...Let me have my day in the Sun. thank you.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

ever to be found in the UK in a long time, and considering the times we are living in, just seems to have disappeared off the radar.

WHat times are you living in. You forget the 3 buildings in London that were taken out by the IRA. That was some big bomb.

Just with the high number of Muslim threads happening lately one gets jaded reading where spurious connections are attempted. I thought you were trying to get a rise by bringing in the lack of Arab sounding names. If you are sincere then I apologise.

but this case might never see the light of day in a court law.

There you go again...making assumptions
This is from your OP

Seven people, including a grandmother, were remanded in custody on Friday, charged in connection with one of the largest ever seizures of guns and ammunition in Britain.

They were charged...what you want the court date and the name list of Jurors already? What leads you to say "it may never see the light of day?" What are your reasons for smelling something fishy.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

ever to be found in the UK in a long time, and considering the times we are living in, just seems to have disappeared off the radar.

WHat times are you living in. You forget the 3 buildings in London that were taken out by the IRA. That was some big bomb.

Just with the high number of Muslim threads happening lately one gets jaded reading where spurious connections are attempted. I thought you were trying to get a rise by bringing in the lack of Arab sounding names. If you are sincere then I apologise.

but this case might never see the light of day in a court law.

There you go again...making assumptions
This is from your OP

Seven people, including a grandmother, were remanded in custody on Friday, charged in connection with one of the largest ever seizures of guns and ammunition in Britain.

They were charged...what you want the court date and the name list of Jurors already? What leads you to say "it may never see the light of day?" What are your reasons for smelling something fishy.

“For the agency and law enforcement in general, this was a very significant case. It was probably the biggest seizure we have seen on the mainland of these types of weapons.”

The same underworld source supplied similar weapons to the Islamist fanatics who slaughtered 12 people at the Charlie Hebdo magazine in Paris in January of that year.

edit on 25-4-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join