It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where in the U.S. Syrian "Refugees" are located

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Just wanted to add that since posting this thread I've learned that the map is essentially useless.... since nobody bothers to track or monitor "refugees" upon arrival.

One refugee already unaccounted for

Resettlement group acknowledges that they don't track

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Yep. I am in one of the states listed, and I can tell you, they are filtering in daily. By that I just mean I personally see more out and about every day. The women are loving our shopping malls and grocery stores apparently.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Like I said, we have a bunch of everything/everyone where I am so it's business as usual around here.

Sounds like the newcomers near you are adjusting well. That's a good sign.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Remember all the uproar about refugees from New Orleans floods moving into other states?

These people aren't even American or Christian, so most of those same places will be upset surely. LOL

Send them to where the bleeding hearts are. California, New York... yeah just nothing in the middle!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Yep. I am in one of the states listed, and I can tell you, they are filtering in daily. By that I just mean I personally see more out and about every day. The women are loving our shopping malls and grocery stores apparently.

Yep, its an amazing thing to have based on an infrastructure unimpeded by trivial dress codes, and stone age superstition driven laws.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Yes, they do, they were quiet and went their own way. I saw several American mothers have to keep their kids from staring and whispering though. These women are not wearing just head scarf. They have on the whole nine yards. (pun intended)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Yes, they do, they were quiet and went their own way. I saw several American mothers have to keep their kids from staring and whispering though. These women are not wearing just head scarf. They have on the whole nine yards. (pun intended)

Pun received

Perhaps this amounts to thread-drift.... but I'm curious to know about women that live in the West that wear the "full covering." Is it something that they sincerely choose? After all, I think its safe to assume that someone that migrates to the West that has grown up wearing such cladding would be used to it and feel comfortable in it. Or is it something that their "men" force them to wear?

I'm curious to see how the evolution of the family in this most recent wave of Muslim immigrants plays out. Particularly, I'm curious how their kids (both boys and girls) respond to the Western culture.

For example: Before I had a kid I would imagine that I would "protect" him from all the garbage that is on TV and in the movies.... but not too long after our son was born I realized that I can't "protect" him from anything... I can only guide him through it. I'm curious to see what happens when young (hopefully educated) Muslim girls/women confront their parents and indicate they DON'T want to be fully covered. They are individuals that want to express themselves via their clothes, hair styles, or whatever it is young women do these days in the West.

Sorry for rambling... it's been a long day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join