It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus is a ransom to free us from Sin/Satan, then his blood sacrifice was made to Satan.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

It's supposed to be a symbolic holdover from when the Jews used to sacrifice animals and stuff to sate god's vengence or whatever. The sacrifice of god's perfect son is supposed to end all further sacrifices.

You are right though, it's pretty dark and evil. Especially the part where you drink and eat Jesus' blood and body to celebrate the act. Though you won't catch many Christians admitting that.
edit on 16-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The sacrifice of god's perfect son is supposed to end all further sacrifices.

ending all sacrifice...by making a sacrifice.

...how is that supposed to work again?

edit on 16-11-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Ya got me. Apparently the same way that fighting a "war for peace" is supposed to end all wars or whatever.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I spent alot of time at church and while I get where christianity is coming from I just don't like the idea of god or jesus waiting to slap my peepee and send me to the bad place or the good place. I never did well with authority anyways.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

They're usually the same people who believe that God is the villain and that Satan is the real hero of the story. They also believe that all you need is love and it makes everything all right. There are one or two of them on the board.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Woodcarver

They're usually the same people who believe that God is the villain and that Satan is the real hero of the story. They also believe that all you need is love and it makes everything all right. There are one or two of them on the board.

satan is a pretty mysterious figure, actually. how many times does he get to say his piece? id like to know his stance on some of the issues we are facing in society. how would he handle the war on terrorism? what about public health reform? educational policies? not to mention we could finally hear his side of what went down in the garden. i imagine it would be a fascinating conversation.

but thats just my imagination.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

The "ransom paid to Satan" theory was a suggestion made by Origen.
Anselm demolishes the idea, pointing out that Satan had no power to make any such claims.

I don't know, God seemed pretty concerned over Satan's opinion when they were discussing Job. Job suffered so that God could "prove" something to Satan. Maybe Jesus was just another Job, who suffered and was ultimately used to "prove" something to Satan.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
You positively like the idea which the OP calls "a very dark belief"?
I don't think anyone else in the modern church would agree with you, and I'm sure aprgme won't.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

What was the purpose of Job's suffering? To satisfy Satan. What was the purpose of Jesus' suffering, to pay the ransom and satisfy Satan.

You positively like the idea which the OP calls "a very dark belief"?

You're wrong. I've always said that the idea that Jesus suffered or died for the sins of the world as a blood offering, as the ultimate human sacrifice of all, is absurd and is not a of continuum Jewish doctrine. It's a bastardization of allegorical stories of the journey of "Israel", God's first begotten son.

Jesus = Israel metaphorically....= the human condition and the animal/spiritual struggles everyone encounters. Jesus does not equal the sheep that was made a meal of during the Love Sacrifice/Festival Days. Talk about "dark beliefs". The New Testament gospels are a condensed version of the lessons taught in the Old Testament.

edit on 16-11-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The "ransom paid to Satan" theory was a suggestion made by Origen.
Anselm demolishes the idea, pointing out that Satan had no power to make any such claims.

I don't know, God seemed pretty concerned over Satan's opinion when they were discussing Job. Job suffered so that God could "prove" something to Satan. Maybe Jesus was just another Job, who suffered and was ultimately used to "prove" something to Satan.

It really does look that way. Kinda reminds me of a jock, using helpless bystanders to show how big and tough he is. "This kid is so scared of me, he won't rat no matter what I do to him! Here, watch!"

Maybe god is just a lonely kid from a troubled home.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599
a reply to: arpgme

Errm

I'm not religious, but didn't you just answer your own question ?

Cody

What was the question?

And what was the answer?

Does the answer come in the form of a question? Or does the question come in the form of an answer? Or... Hmm. I'm confused!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join