It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desperate Times - Desperate Measures

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
How do you wage war against an ideology? You can't - and it doesn't take a screening of V for Vendetta to know that. What we should be concentrating on is not defeating terrorism, but rather terrorists. In order to do this, certain changes need to be made. First, we need to stop fighting wars between countries. Terrorists are not national leaders - they operate on the assumption that we can be frightened and moreover that there is a line we will not cross. I propose we cross that line. Here are some of my ideas:

-Close borders to Muslims
-Deport Muslims (if not already citizens) to Islamic countries
-Keep close tabs on all Muslim citizens
-Execute every single captured terrorist

I really do hope we are past the point of people asking "why target Muslims?"

Terrorists want to win through fear. Perhaps it is time the world give them some nightmares of their own.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
How about getting out of their countries and trying to control their governments and natural resources?

How about quitting killing their people and families with our militaries that is at the root of the diaspora and the ideology?

Most of these terrorists are fighting the same war our militaries are. When we do it it's war. When they do it's terrorism.

And most of all stop pretending we don't play a gigantic role in this and painting all Muslims with the broad brush of terrorism.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Good idea, I wonder if those old Japanese internment camps from the World War can be repurposed for this idea. It will at least save us a little bit of money to compensate for all the lost booty we spent funding terrorists.

I love brilliant people! Scorpio84 for president!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

How about getting out of their countries and trying to control their governments and natural resources?

If we do it all our western society will collapse.
So I guess the calculation is simple: better them than us. (hope everyone gets the irony)
A hard choice to make.
And yet we have to protect our people...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: scorpio84

"Keep close tabs on all Muslim citizens" eh?

Maybe we could go back to McCarthyism and hold public hearings.

"Scorpio, are you now or have you ever been affiliated with Islam or a Muslim? Do you know of any Muslims?"

Oooo, or maybe back to Salem witch trial days, where a public denouncing is all it takes.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Which countries are you talking about, specifically?

How about quitting killing their people and families with our militaries that is at the root of the diaspora and the ideology?

The root of Islamic terrorism is nothing more than the Koran itself. Have you read it? The Koran is to Islamic terrorists what Mein Kampf was to the Nazis.

Most of these terrorists are fighting the same war our militaries are. When we do it it's war. When they do it's terrorism.

Blanket statement (which terrorists? which war?) and false (terrorists do not wage wars between nations, they attack random individuals).

And most of all stop pretending we don't play a gigantic role in this and painting all Muslims with the broad brush of terrorism.

I agree fully that we play a "gigantic role" in this. We are enablers - always seeking to justify their actions. "Well, maybe if we did this or that for them," etc. Would you point to the part of my post where I say "all Muslims are terrorists?" I'd agree it is not correct to say "Muslims are terrorists." However, what is correct to say (not 100%, but darn close), is:

"Terrorists are Muslim"

Would my ideas mean some innocent people suffer? Probably. Are innocent people suffering now? You bet.
We need to turn away from the notion that we can defeat the terrorists while following lofty ideals of justice and decency. If there was ever a time to do away with politeness, this is that time.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: scorpio84

Terrorists want to win through fear. Perhaps it is time the world give them some nightmares of their own.

Sounds like they conquered you...
I would get the few remaining not terrorists out of the way in Irak and Syria and destroy what is left, before i would send the refugees back.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

If we do what you suggest you might as well call us Adolf and give us a bumper swasticker (deliberate spelling error).

Better not to cross that kind of line.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

"Keep close tabs on all Muslim citizens" eh?

Confused?

Maybe we could go back to McCarthyism and hold public hearings.

Incorrect comparison. McCarthyism was about targeting a threat that did not exist (a communist take-over of America). If you can't see the problems Muslims cause in Europe and elsewhere, you have been drinking too much of that liberal kool-aid.

"Scorpio, are you now or have you ever been affiliated with Islam or a Muslim? Do you know of any Muslims?"

I said keep tabs on Muslims - I didn't say keep tabs on anyone who has ever interacted with a Muslim.

Oooo, or maybe back to Salem witch trial days, where a public denouncing is all it takes.

Okay, here you've just strayed far off course. Let me know if you find your way back.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Sounds like they conquered you...
I would get the few remaining not terrorists out of the way in Irak and Syria and destroy what is left, before i would send the refugees back.

How do you propose to separate the good from the bad? And are you suggesting you would destroy those nations - then send the refugees back. Even I'm not that callous. As for conquering me - no, they haven't. However, tell me - being polite has helped in which way again?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Good idea, I wonder if those old Japanese internment camps from the World War can be repurposed for this idea. It will at least save us a little bit of money to compensate for all the lost booty we spent funding terrorists.

LOL...I can appreciate a bit of mocking, but on a more serious level - follow my ideas and watch the problem of terrorism subside. I know it isn't "nice."

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hysterical times call for knee jerk reactions,

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

We need to turn away from the notion that we can defeat the terrorists while following lofty ideals of justice and decency. If there was ever a time to do away with politeness, this is that time.

Want to know the saddest part? Western governments do NOT follow ideals of justice. If you think that they do, you're just ignoring the facts. It has been proven too many times in the past, unfortunately.

Would my ideas mean some innocent people suffer? Probably. Are innocent people suffering now? You bet.

What has happened in Paris a few days ago, happens in ME on a regular basis you realize that, don't you? Do you remember the poor massacre in Kenya where over 140 students got murdered? Or those poor Russian souls that were lost when ISIS shot down their plane? Why can't I change my facebook profile picture to the colours of those countries?

We are enablers - always seeking to justify their actions. "Well, maybe if we did this or that for them,"

We are enablers - that one I agree, but not in the way you think. The west are enablers by supporting terrorists and training them and sending weapons to them and cooperating with Saudi Arabia, Qatar.

"Terrorists are Muslim"

What the hell? What kind of an "argument" is this?

The root of Islamic terrorism is nothing more than the Koran itself. Have you read it? The Koran is to Islamic terrorists what Mein Kampf was to the Nazis.

Would like you to show me how is Quaran the root of Islamic terrorism?

Haven't personally read it, but I do believe there's this quote in it: "if anyone killed a person, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind; if anyone saved one person, it would be as if he saved the whole of mankind."

Agree, amazing terrorists textbook.

Which countries are you talking about, specifically?

You can't possibly be serious. Iraq, Libya, Syria...?
edit on 15-11-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

If we do what you suggest you might as well call us Adolf and give us a bumper swasticker (deliberate spelling error).

I wasn't aware that I suggested rounding up all Muslims and putting them in concentration camps. I said deport Muslim non-citizens (implying also not to allow any more Muslims inside the countries) and to keep tabs on Muslim citizens. I also mentioned executing (not merely imprisoning) convicted terrorists. If you think what I suggested is in any way comparable to Nazism, you obviously either a). did not read my post or b). don't know that much about Nazism.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I guess when the utter ridiculousness of what you've said is laid bare, you can't do anything other than attack intellect huh?

Classy.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

LOL...I can appreciate a bit of mocking, but on a more serious level - follow my ideas and watch the problem of terrorism subside. I know it isn't "nice."

Right. I see. So you want to deport millions of people purely based on their religion, because every Muslim is presumably a terrorist, or a potential terrorist? That is, after all, the nub of your 'logic'. Why stop there? Let's deport every Catholic, because they're all members or potential members of the IRA! Let's deport everyone with a German name, because they're potential Nazis! Who else can we deport? Who's next on the list? All the freemasons perhaps? All the Atheists? What about the Hindus?
You do realise that the average Muslim regards ISIS as bunch of insane thugs who twist scripture to suit their own unpleasant purposes - don't you?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

I wasn't aware that I suggested rounding up all Muslims and putting them in concentration camps. I said deport Muslim non-citizens (implying also not to allow any more Muslims inside the countries) and to keep tabs on Muslim citizens. I also mentioned executing (not merely imprisoning) convicted terrorists. If you think what I suggested is in any way comparable to Nazism, you obviously either a). did not read my post or b). don't know that much about Nazism.

If you can't tell from your own comments that you need the resources of a fascistic police state to carry out your little shopping list, then there really is no point in debating you.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Don't worry it won't happen, all the precious oil could burn too.
After all this is how Isis finances their war on democracy.

Telling them apart is the easy part: tap their mobiles, if you are affiliated with terror camps you are a trained terrorist.
And yes, me personally i would wipe them out. Just as merciless like they are.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

If people only thought out the consequences of their ideas. What type of society do people actually want? Be careful what you wish for I say.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

First, we need to stop fighting wars between countries.

Who is we ?

Terrorists are not national leaders

Leaders of nations can be terrorist's ... an individual can be a terrorist

-Close borders to Muslims
-Deport Muslims (if not already citizens) to Islamic countries
-Keep close tabs on all Muslim citizens
-Execute every single captured terrorist

You are naive and reacting in a predictable manner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join