It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind's Eye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Here on ATS, I see so much emotion; I see so many who have something inside which they need to express. All my life I've seen this same thing; something inside which one cannot get out. It's a marvelous thing about the human being, creativity. There's this thing, just this thing inside, which we spend a lifetime trying to express. Some find it sooner than others, some never find it.

It's about capturing that moment in the mind's eye, the essence of that one thing, that one emotion you see in your mind, but cannot express. When the gate opens it's a wondrous thing.

When I was a kid I saw this phenomenon in music; people who could otherwise not express themselves could say it with music. I was impressed. I've always been impressed with the musician Mark Knopfler. Here's a good example; the heart and soul of this speaks volumes...it's what it is.

To me, the written word, conveyed properly, in the right context, is priceless.

I just wish I could play the guitar like that!

edit on 11/14/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I've spent the last 30 years in photography, trying to capture the emotion of the moment in the mind's eye.

They say; of 500 pictures you might take one good one. I've traveled far and I've taken a few, but it's the same thing; just that one thing you see which you want to show the whole world....that moment in the mind's eye.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

As a musician - I can only say that sometimes, the best way to express how you feel is to play. In a way, I treat it as a meditation session: Pipe all emotions through an instrument, and the end result sounds incredible, even when the melody is a sad one.

-foss

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
I enjoyed that song a lot. Mark Knopfler is one of my favorites. Isn't there a dinosaur named after him?

new topics

top topics

join