It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiki Marsala..you British folks!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Well, there seemed to be a general consensus that if England had a "national food" it would tiki marsala...

Tikka Masala and Chips. (You call them "fries")

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Alrighty, here's how it turned out. I'm glad I have a rice cooker, makes making rice brainless.

There was a ton of sauce, I kind of forgot to spoon more over the chicken before I put the chopped cilantro on top. I had a hungry customer waiting on her dinner!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom looks pretty good, you need some naan bread and lime pickle just for extra authenticity, but good effort

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Have you tried cooking rice in the slow cooker? It comes out very nice, but it takes ages. (1Hr 40 minutes)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I didn't think about the naan...they sell garlic naan at the grocery store bakery. Maybe I'll freeze the left overs and have it with some naan for lunch next week!

W-w-what's a lime pickle?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I didn't think about the naan...they sell garlic naan at the grocery store bakery. Maybe I'll freeze the left overs and have it with some naan for lunch next week!

W-w-what's a lime pickle?

That's a good idea. Lime pickle is a spicy pickle that goes great with curry and popadoms. I love the stuff, an essential addition to my curry. I wouldn't have a clue how to make the stuff

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Chicken Tikka Massala was invented in Glasgow, Scotland.

No matter. It's yummy.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I'll try that recipe, I love Tikka Masala!
Though I really wish I could get some Major Grey's Mango Chutney to go with it.

this is the first time I thought about ordering it online instead of whining.
I'm off to work on it!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

What people do not know is the British actually invented curry while ruling over India and the Indians adopted it as their national food thus making folk believe they invented curry.
In fact you will find the British have invented most things.

Mushy peas!! I like minty mushy peas also.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
In fact you will find the British have invented most things.

Ah, yes. You gave us the enthralling game of Footie where we can be captivated by a thrilling score of nil to nil spread over the course of two leisurely hours.

Thank you Brits, thank you very much.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And then the Americans basterdised it and started playing football with their hands....Just like girls games rounders (Baseball at least our boring game only lasts 90 mins
) and netball (Basketball).

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

And then the Americans basterdised it and started playing football with their hands...

In London!

Revenge is sweet.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I mean you could have just called it Rugby for ladies and we wouldn't have any problem

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I mean you could have just called it Rugby for ladies and we wouldn't have any problem

Personally, I would most likely pass on calling a 300lb dude who can run the 40 in less than 5 seconds a chick.

It could prove detrimental to my constitution.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I believe the popularity of "mushy peas" comes from the fact that the peas served in fish-and-chip shops were necessarily overcooked. There's no need to buy them specially. Just put a saucepan of peas on the stove and forget about them for a while.

P.S. Yes, I have a "stoneware" crockpot, Prestige brand, inherited from my parents' house.

edit on 15-11-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The H.P. Sauce you purchased is i am afraid not " The Real Stuff"

H.P. sauce was invented in 1895, and was produced in Aston Birmingham. Heinz acquired the brand and in 2006 production was moved to The Netherlands.

The sauce they produce there is nothing like the real one. In fact it's rank in comparison. Another great British institution sold down the river.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

In fact it's rank in comparison. Another great British institution sold down the river.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thank your friendly government Food Nazis.

Since 2011 HP sauce has been manufactured with a new reduced sodium recipe 0.8 g per 100 ml. The traditional recipe was 1.2 g sodium per 100 ml. This was a direct result of Government policy with regard to salt levels in food. Consumers report that the taste is now more sour or even tastes "off", which has led to complaints to Heinz.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: nullafides

Well I was harsh on the mushy peas.

With the right condiments and main course it's pretty sweet.

HP over ketchup all day though.

If I have a Fry Up, brown sauce is what serves up a better meal.

And there is nothing better than a Full English breakfast.

Right Oh! A Full English Breakfast!

edit on 15-11-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Lets wait till our American friends realise we smoke fags and eat faggots and the gay crowd over here doesn't even bat an eyelid

It seems like us brits like more sauce which is probably why it got invented, its like the bhaji in india its made using many ingredients but once they came over here they just used onions as it was so cheap.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Up north we also invented Gravy.

Ooooo Gravy Northern boys love gravy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join