It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Day Before Paris, There Was a Massive Terrorist Attack the Media Ignored

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Countuary to what the OP has posted his daughter is still alive.
m.imgur.com...

Prime example of how the media LIES!
for thoes that can read arabic
Not even going to comment on the Paris issue......

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I think the reason for this is because these atrocities have been occuring in the ME Countries for hundreds of years... it's nothing new and is seen as 'just another day' where they are whereas here in Europe it is a new thing and we show more sympathy towards people who are the same as us..

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
Countuary to what the OP has posted his daughter is still alive.
m.imgur.com...

Prime example of how the media LIES!
for thoes that can read arabic
Not even going to comment on the Paris issue......

I guess I didn't read the OP carefully, I assumed it was the same as the story that was broadcasting all day here- in which this man's daughter survived.
The news channels here did mention that a rumor had started on Twitter that she was dead, but that it was not true.
Do a lot of news channels in other countries get their stories from Twitter????

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

You mean this unreported attack .
www.9news.com.au...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I think that we heard more about it here than in further countries because we are simply closer- the closer events are in location the more they grab attention.

Also, it might not hold the same shock value because people are desensitized to information about conflict and death happening in the middle east. There is a general sense (not unwarranted) of those areas just always being in such a state throughout history;
whereas we aren't quite used to the idea of some first world european countries being strife with same.

No life has more value than another, but humans are biological entities, with brains that work similarly, and are aroused more by unexpected or new information than by the familiar.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Basically what I said above.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Basically what I said above.

Sorry, didn't mean to repeat. I just was following up on a response in my replies box, and didn't read the previous posts.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Exactly. It's not the media's fault that people don't get stirred up about these sorts of things. Our troops are sent to fight these wars in other lands and we tuck that away and go about our business, barely noticing a change to our lives or the news from there unless we have friends or loved ones there and barely caring about them when they return.

We've become conditioned to not noticing and not caring about either the wars of the atrocities going on in theses lands until something tangentially related hits a place or a person close to home like Paris or London or NY and shakes that business.

The best thing we could've done was to stay out of the ME and Africa. But we didn't, and we here pretty much all know why. The only recourse we have now is to get out. All the way out. But even with that we will still be suffering the results of what we have done for decades and generations to come.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

No... i wasn't saying you repeated what I wrote... I was saying that we sought of had the same view!

Before you read my post!

Its all good.
edit on CSTSun, 15 Nov 2015 04:49:45 -06000000003004x045x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: Adding Text

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

It seems this problem will be here for many more years... its a shame because there was once a day when there were no problems at all.

Yes, I remember them well... through the 70's, 80's and 90's even... it's since 2001 and thats 14 years already... how much longer will it go on for?

Yes, we had the occasional attack from the IRA but that was nothing compared to today!

It was pretty peaceful before 2000. Oh well...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This thread is probably coming from America. So all of you who say " it was in the news" well maybe for you, but not for us. Take a look at the New York Times, cnn, msnbc, Fox News, the huffington post, even Facebook, it's nowhere to be found! But the Paris attacks are all over those sites! Unfortunately that's where most Americans get their news!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The attack was "ignored" (if in fact it was) because no one is really that surprised when Muslims kill people, they've proven that's all they're good at.

Well, they're also good at stoning women to death, performing clitorectomies, denying womens rights, raping women, denying young girls education, marrying little girls....The list goes on, you get the point.

But, the attack in Paris got attention, not because Muslims killed people, but because the west was stupid enough to let themselves get killed by Muslims. See, for those of you rose tinted glasses wearers who insist it's "not Muslim terrorism it's just terrorism". It is Muslim terrorism and you live under the threat of it every day, when it's successful it looks like Paris. When it's unsuccessful, you don't hear about it.

Go back to your lives, go defend "moderate Muslims" being unfairly slandered by the media. Just know this, moderate Muslims fled their lands to live in the west, in your safe, comfortable, civilized world. They didn't stay and fight the radical Muslims, they didn't fight for "moderate Islam". And now they stand by while your cities are destroyed by "extremists", but it is their very presence which allows the extremists to hide amongst you. So, go defend that group of "moderate Muslims" you see walking down the street, which one of them is the terrorist? If you guess wrong your newborn baby gets killed.
edit on 15-11-2015 by hammanderr because: Punctuation

edit on 15-11-2015 by hammanderr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yes a hundred of so dead and theres snippets of news. The coverage is as said scant The images however of what happened in france have been news spooling all day and im sure if wont stop for sometime yet. wide scale coverage is used a means of political leverage..

Quite simply, France was America's ally from before its birth. Many Americans are of French descent, have learned French in school or have studied or vacationed there. Lebanon, not so much. Also, this generation is used to thinking of Lebanon as a war zone, so a bombing there has little shock value. Paris has been the City of Love for half a century: the thought of people being gunned down while enjoying a bottle of the Beaujolais Nouveaux at a sidewalk cafe is terrifying.
edit on 15-11-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
You don't concern yourself with your neighbors house so much when your own house is on fire.

I feel more akin to western Europeans than I do Africans.

I feel more akin to Christians than I do Musliims.

Turns out I'm human.

Sue me.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

The attack was "ignored" (if in fact it was) because no one is really that surprised when Muslims kill people, they've proven that's all they're good at.

Its about 2 percent of terrorists attacks are caused by muslims. Peeps that watch a lot of MSM might think otherwise though...

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

43 dead in Beirut, things like that have been happening for years. 130 odd in a civilised Country like France, at the hands of some middle eastern nut job, well if we carry on with the way things are now, then maybe it will become a regular occurance over here as well.

I imagine the Beirut media had good coverage, not quite sure what your point is.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti
Ignored by the media? I don't think so. I just think nobody is interested unfortunately.

I disagree.

When Boko Haram wipes a village off the face of the planet-nothing but crickets. When Mali is swamped by radicals? nothing but crickets.

Yes this was a travesty/tragedy but it is not the only one that occurs. The MSM only reports an issue when it hits close to home; Forget the constant killings in Nigeria, that's not close enough. Beirut? close but not close enough to incite fear and fear is what feeds the likes of FOX as it keeps folk glued to the screen. Journalistic integrity is going out the window, forget foreign correspondents, lets invite anyone who studied anything ever to a round table to discuss about how the world is going to hell!

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Its about 2 percent of terrorists attacks are caused by muslims. Peeps that watch a lot of MSM might think otherwise though...

Do you have a source for that statistic?

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Certainly have

Published On: Fri, Jan 16th, 2015 Africa / Religion | By NewsRescue Less Than 2% Of Terrorist Attacks In Europe Are Religiously Motivated Including Muslim – EuroPol

newsrescue.com...

and about 5% in the US

www.washingtonsblog.com...

Funny how disporptional news feeds can be to fit there own agenda...

Do you know about the muslim genocide in Bhurma for example carried out by the Buddhists. The news forms opinions tally with the needs of the elite.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Unless the people killed are white Europeans, the West doesn't care.. Its very very sad but it seems to be that way..

Every single life throughout this Universe matters..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join