It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your guilty pleasure?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Way TMI.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Chocolate.

Lots

Of Chocolate.

Don't ask.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Im a 42 year old IT Professional that has done really well with 23 year career as a high end PBX-Voice-UC Engineer getting ready to finish my CCIE Collaboration and like the OP it's a Sat night and when I should be labbing things out Im watching WWE Smackdown!

THats certainly guilty pleasure number 1 closely followed by guilty pleasure number 2 which is watching the TV show Supernatural.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sparky the Hound dog

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Does Taylor Swift count?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist
Chocolate is good. Chocolate covered chocolate is good, too.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Same here about not feeling really guilty and owning it. I get weird look but oh well. It's not like I'm eating the mayo like pudding or anything. Hmmm. I wonder what peanut butter and sardines is like.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I have Mmmm, Bop circulating on my playlist somewhere along with Copacabana ...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Thanks for contributing, everyone. This is exactly what I wanted to read after dragging my boyfriend to the late showing of The Last Witch Hunter, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
A literal answer would be certain JRPGs or other Japanese games. The grindier and more repetitious the better. Xenoblade Chronicles, Earth Defense Force, Record of Asgard War, etc.

A less literal answer in that it isn't a pleasure but is something I end up doing frequently then feeling guilty for, is "long winded rants." I don't always realize how much I talk. Possibly because I'm an Aspie. Yesterday I was doing this about something completely banal, and then someone basically told me to STFU because of what was happening in Paris (I hadn't heard.) I didn't know what they meant so I continued and they really let me have it.

I now loathe myself somewhat for this, and it happens more frequently than I care to admit. *Sigh*

Peace.
edit on 11/14/2015 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

What's your guilty pleasure?

Onion

I just saw you went to see witch hunter.. Was it as good as it looks? Mmm can't wait to see it
edit on 15-11-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

If I wasn't an atheist, I would never forgive you for that.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Turning up Heavy Metal type of music when alone.
Last night I almost got caught by my two sons and husband when they came home- I was cooking int he kitchen jumping around and screaming with Rage Against the Machine.
Luckily I heard them slam the car doors in time to go turn it off and compose myself. I like to get out some of my old punk rock tunes from teenage days, too.
For some others, that is not anything to be ashamed of- when you are a 47 year old woman? Ugh, I hate to imagine the scene through someone elses eyes!
Imagine your mom in the kitchen jumping around and screaming at the top of her lungs "F*CK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!"
"Oh hello dearheart! I made you a birthday cake!"

I also have an affinity for chocolate with nuts. When alone, if it hits me, I can eat massive amounts. Embarrassing amounts.

edit on 15-11-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

God you lol

Who the heck are you woman

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
i dont feel guilty about anything. i dont hide anything either but a few things do seem out of character for me i guess.

i love me some chick flicks.
religious art. i have a lot of it. the thing is i do not believe in any of it. i pretty much despise organised religion and i dont understand how people can get duped into believing that #. still though, when i am at garage sales or second hand stores and i see those old school paintings or statues i have to snap them up.
i think i am fascinated that people are fascinated by it.

old school pictured of other people. people i dont know and were never alive in my lifetime. i snap those up to. i have old wedding photo's on my wall of people from 100 years ago.
i just think they are cool.

more weird pleasure than guilty pleasure

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Heh, we sort of have to own that too.

Our son started grooving in the back seat to Rob Zombie the other day.

So when your 5-year-old is bopping around singing, "Blacken the sun, what have I done ..." and you have to send him back to his Christian school, it gets you a bit anxious. Oops!

Did I mention this song is also circulating on my playlist with Mmm, Bop and Copacabana?

I have a screwed up playlist ...

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I've recently developed a guilty pleasure. I have just indulged in it and the glee I felt still warms me

I am alone with no-one to care for me (cue violins) and I don't like cooking or washing dishes but a little wheeze occurred to me last week.

That meagre offering from a tin that I was going to serve up for lunch hardly needed a dish. I could just eat it straight from the saucepan. Not only that, but I didn't need a wooden spoon to stir it, I could just be very careful using the metal one I wanted to eat with.

So I tried it and wow... the sky didn't fall on me and I'd saved considerably on the washing up. Yippee.

Plus, I'm a chocoholic and had been 'on the wagon' for over a decade. Recently, I found chocolate made in a nut-free environment and am almost back on my chocolate diet. I just throw in a few bits of 'normal' food to make it look as if I've made an effort. The amount of washing-up and messing about that saves is phenomenal.

Happy Days

edit on 16-11-2015 by berenike because: tmi

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Minimalism is great, isn't it? I'm trying to convince my SO that we don't really need more than 4 of anything kitchen related. Bowls, forks, glasses, etc. our friends rarely come for dinner by the masses, and they all drink beer so we don't need glasses.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I think I have seen every Shaw brothers Kung Fu film ever made.
I also watch 'Gumby' with semi- religious reverence.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
It could be worse. Your son could be singing Slayer songs.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join