It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS leader 'killed' in American airstrike in Libya while Paris terror attacks were underway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

A U.S. airstrike is believed to have killed one of ISIS's top commanders in Libya while the terror attacks in Paris were underway, a U.S. military spokesman said.

The operation to kill Iraqi national Abu Nabil in the eastern port city of Darnah was conceived before terrorists went on a rampage in the French capital, Pentagon press secretary Peter Cook said.

ISIS leader 'killed' in American airstrike in Libya while Paris terror attacks were underway

This is reading like a bad film now. Wonder if he helped to facilitate the attacks?

This isn't al-baghdadi himself the title is a copy and paste.
edit on 0021642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Here's the key words there. " thought to have been killed".

This is not a definitive. Also, it should be mentioned that this 'tit for tat' journalism should be totally stopped. Are we supposed to feel better now because another ISIS general, or warlord, or officer (they all seem to be generals don't they) is dead? His next of kin will pick up his mantle.

This is clearly a piece targeted straight at emotion, its wanting people to think that they're still safe because even though France has just been attacked there's still an ISIS guy dying as well, right! So they're weakened!

It's pure trash. His death means nothing, nothing at all. Just another scum bag scrubbed from the human experience. What a pitiful waste of life.

I don't think he would be connected to these attacks either, they NEVER are! It's just reported as being 'connected' then NO journalism is done after, NOTHING is proven, NO links are exposed, it just disappears into the annals of trash journalism and knee-jerk writing.

I'm so sick of this whole thing. Why don't people just stop killing each other FFS!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

Here's the key words there. " thought to have been killed".

This is not a definitive. Also, it should be mentioned that this 'tit for tat' journalism should be totally stopped. Are we supposed to feel better now because another ISIS general, or warlord, or officer (they all seem to be generals don't they) is dead? His next of kin will pick up his mantle.

This is clearly a piece targeted straight at emotion, its wanting people to think that they're still safe because even though France has just been attacked there's still an ISIS guy dying as well, right! So they're weakened!

It's pure trash. His death means nothing, nothing at all. Just another scum bag scrubbed from the human experience. What a pitiful waste of life.

I don't think he would be connected to these attacks either, they NEVER are! It's just reported as being 'connected' then NO journalism is done after, NOTHING is proven, NO links are exposed, it just disappears into the annals of trash journalism and knee-jerk writing.

I'm so sick of this whole thing. Why don't people just stop killing each other FFS!!!!!!

I would agree to be honest. It seems like an attempt at propaganda in light of last night's attacks, but I'm not going to complain if one less extremist is walking the face of the earth.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I have to voice my opposition to this behavior ...

The US says it murdered a man ... and all of you are OK, with that, because somebody said, that they believe this guys, or somebody they heard, said heard a guy, who knew a guy that was positive that this guy, was a bad guy.

No due process, no court, no defense ... just bomb, and an exclamation ... "he's dead". And the crowd goes wild, yeah ... another guy murdered ... wow.

Pathetic, really ... this is no better than the terrorists. They follow "Allah", but you Follow Mr. Obama bin Ladin ... they believe "Allah" says it's all ok ... you believe Obama bin Ladin said, it's all biblical truth.

Yuck.

edit on 14/11/2015 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

The US says it murdered a man ... and all of you are OK, with that, because somebody said, that they believe this guys, or somebody they heard, said heard a guy, who knew a guy that was positive that this guy, was a bad guy.

I will say being the leader of ISIS in Libya shows this man was a bad guy.

Just out of curiosity are you OK with Russia killing civilians with their airstrikes...it's only fair as he murdered them, unless you have proof they were anything but innocent civilians?

No due process, no court, no defense ... just bomb, and an exclamation ... "he's dead".

That was his due process, his court, and he has no defense being the top man of ISIS in Libya.

And the crowd goes wild, yeah ... another guy murdered ... wow.

No the crowd goes wild because another piece of ISIS scum has been sent to whatever afterlife he has.

Pathetic, really ... this is no better than the terrorists. They follow "Allah", but you Follow Mr. Obama bin Ladin ... they believe "Allah" says it's all ok ... you believe Obama bin Ladin said, it's all biblical truth.

I think you have a misinformed outlook on American citizens...you would be hard pressed to find too many who follow Obama.

And that also goes for those who voted him in in the first place...He isn't liked as much as you may think.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

One down and many more to go.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I read this in the Guardian as well.

Islamic State leader in Libya 'killed in US airstrike'

The guardian story

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Killing ISIS leaders is like whack-a-mole.

Not because they're that organized, it's because the story is about as real as my third nipple.

No seriously good job U.S.

With Russia chasing all the terrorists into Europe (Paris), and with your ability to target ISIS leadership suddenly (software upgrade most likely), with this obscure Lybian and Hollywoods favorite be-header Jihadi John, this should be a piece of cake.

Now if we could get Russia to stop backing Assad. Oh, wait...a Syrian transitional government in 6 months. Putin, you blinked! Say it isn't so.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

I have to voice my opposition to this behavior ...

No due process, no court, no defense ... just bomb, and an exclamation ... "he's dead". And the crowd goes wild, yeah ... another guy murdered ... wow.

Yuck.

Funny, i was having a conversation the other day with a buddy, and i mentioned to him what if these supposed isis generals are now liabilities to the western governments and now they're tying up loose ends before someone else captures them and gets them to spill the beans. Just saying, nobody really seems to think twice when one of these supposed leaders is killed just the standard "yay! another bad guy down."

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
There always appears to be a serious lack of body or funeral after these claims.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
There always appears to be a serious lack of body or funeral after these claims.

Airstrikes dont leave much to bury, not that I think ISIS POS would waste energy recovering bits from a place thats just been airstriked.
edit on 14-11-2015 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

Soldiers don't get due process in war. Are the Russian strikes "murders" as well?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Except Bin Laden right? He had a full, respectful burial at sea because of the Islamic tradition!!

*rolls eyes*

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Yea, they're using a billion dollar infrastructure to whack a few leaders and make them martyrs, while the people of Paris are slaughtered by the dozens. It's really a matter of tit-for-tat and escalation on all sides at this point. I predict that France will have a minority revolution if the terrorist attacks and the lynchings of Muslims continue.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It is all about governing your mind. Once you have the majority of minds governed, you can steer (emotional) direction.

new topics

join