It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cease fire in Syria - Transitional government in 6 months

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
After the tragedy in France yesterday the world leaders have come to a conclusion.

— Kerry: Transitional government for Syria to be set in 6 months, elections in 18 months.

The five permanent members of the U.N. Security Council also agreed to pass a resolution in favor of a ceasefire in Syria.

The diplomats agreed on a means to enforce a cease-fire but failed to agree on which groups other than the Islamic State and al-Qaida affiliates would not be eligible for the truce. Under those terms, the sponsors of each group covered by the cease-fire would be responsible for making sure that group upholds it. Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said Jordan would oversee a process that would identify which groups should be considered for identification as terrorists. That process is to be completed by the time the political process between the government and opposition begins in January. Kerry acknowledged that participants also failed to agree on Assad's role in the transition or his potential future role in the country's government. The United States and its allies have said the war cannot end while Assad is in power but Russia and Iran have insisted that Syrians must decide their own leadership.

Reuters
AP
Yahoo

edit on 20151411 by rajas because: update

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
But what about ISIS ? Does this mean they intend for the bombing raids by USA, UK, etc to cease also ?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Uh oh! Russia's not going to like this.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Which means exactly the square root of **** all to the fighters in Syria.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

Russia voted for it. They did not veto it.. So it seems they are on board.

www.un.org...

Current Members

Permanent and Non-Permanent Members
The Council is composed of 15 Members:

five permanent members: China, France, Russian Federation, the United Kingdom, and the United States

edit on 14-11-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com... another link for the OP has a bit more info then original article

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
We need a worldwide 100,000 UN force Army to exterminate ISIS in 2 weeks

Or maybe 200,000 and it could be done in a week

or maybe a million and it could be done in a day

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Peace in Syria?

What will the "peace Nazi's" on ATS do with themselves?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

Start a War on ATS? Like fantasy wars?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

I did not know that. So does this all mean ISIS has won and we all just stood down and surrendered?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Who’s going to stop the terrorists who the US supported in Syria?

What about ISIS?

What happens when Assad wins the election?

This may be easy since the West, Turkey, and the Gulf states sponsored this phony war on Assad in the first place

So it took the sad death of these poor French people for these STUPID WRETCHED politicians to do whats right?

Kerry, Obama, Erdogon , all the GULF STATE leaders should be tried for war crimes.

PEOPLE OF THE WORLD UNITE TO TRY WORLD LEADERS!

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I have a strong feeling Russia found the jugular in Syria, whatever it may be, and went for it. I'd LOVE to know what their hole-in-one here was.

An intel dump via Wikileaks would be fun right about now, eh?
edit on 11/14/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This clearly paves the way for a united front against Daesh/ISIS. Faces saved all around and cooperation for a common cause.

I like this .

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
This clearly paves the way for a united front against Daesh/ISIS. Faces saved all around and cooperation for a common cause.

I like this .

Don't count your chickens yet.

These people are ruthless and bloodthirsty and don't give up too easily.

Putin is the hero here imo.

The poor French victims ( may God give them rest and succor) are sacrifices to these scum bag politicians sinister plots including the French president.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

I did not know that. So does this all mean ISIS has won and we all just stood down and surrendered?

I would not be surprised if the red diaper doper babies just let ISIS have Syria..

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmicpixie
But what about ISIS ? Does this mean they intend for the bombing raids by USA, UK, etc to cease also ?

Well the only way this will work is if ISIS (let's be honest, most the rebels are ISIS now) are compliant in the ceasefire

This is their crackpot plan to basically give Syria and most likely eventually Iraq to ISIS

ISIS = Islamic State of Iraq & Syria
ISIL (as America prefers to call it totally denying existence of Syria) = Islamic State of Iraq & the Levant

My guess is they figure if they allow ISIS/L to get their own state they'll leave everyone else in the world alone

Don't worry it's just another stupid political stunt of attempting to put a band aid on a shotgun wound, and saying "there it's all fixed"

If this happens then I worry what is to come

And more to the point, who is left in Syria that isn't fighting to vote ?
edit on 14/11/15 by Discotech because: because

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I like this .

Don't count your chickens yet.

These people are ruthless and bloodthirsty and don't give up too easily.

Putin is the hero here imo.

The poor French victims ( may God give them rest and succor) are sacrifices to these scum bag politicians sinister plots including the French president.

I think that humanity has prevailed in great part due to the recent atrocities, but not strictly because of them. Let us say that the straw that broke the camel's back, actually broke the camel's back, and hope that this is the case.
I have been vocal in my support of the Russian position regarding the situation in Syria since I became aware of it.
R.I.P. those who have died and those who will. This will cost us much.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Russia actually wants some of the same things, they want elections in a few months as well as Kerry.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

There not going to give ISIS any state that would be pure insanity

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

All things considered, and considering who's in charge of denoting which groups would be labeled/still labeled terrorist groups (Jordan, FYI, is running that) I'd say don't be so sure of that idea just yet.

It's certainly a calculated chess game, I'll give 'em that much.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join