It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell 1947 Crash Cover up theory, but not aliens as we think they are...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Sometimes the easiest way to cover something up is to pull the you did not see anything line, then let those who think they saw something speculate about what they thought they saw.

I am today going to present a theory that would highlight this line of thought. I apologize in advance for breaking the hearts of everyone who wants there to be Extra-Terrestrials, although I may make the Government conspiracy guys extremely happy.

America 1947 we just Came off the Japanese Surrender on 15 August 1945, Everyone in the USA was happy and life was starting to return to normal. The war was over.

Then in 1947 a Crash happens in Roswell New Mexico, what came down Spooked the military enough for them to Box it up quick and pull the you saw nothing line.

The basic gist of what was seen was a flexible metal craft with two beings in it.

The Descriptions of those beings was.

• short
  • oversize head
  • almond eyes
  • off color skin

When looking at that list it is easy to see how the current imagination of "Grey" aliens would come from it.

But what if those beings were Human, is there a ahem template for humans who are short, off color skin, and almond shaped eyes. Yes and that description with out the over sized head would have triggered a major situation in the just established peace... the panic the Government could not afford at that moment. "Japs have landed in New Mexico" That headline would have re-sparked the Pacific Conflict. Hence the Military rushing to hide the whole thing.

War makes for strange innovation on both sides, The Japanese learned high altitude balloons could for the most part avoid radar and were using them to deliver bombs. It is not a stretch of Imagination for them to try and put a couple light weight guys with rations and breathing helmets and oxygen tanks in balloons along with cameras to suss out enemy targets.

It is real easy to believe that the balloonist ran out of rations and starved to death at high altitude or ran out of air. This high altitude balloon then drifts until it is over New Mexico where the balloon pops dropping itself the bucket and the poor dead spies to the ground.

So it is really easy to see why the cover story was it was a weather balloon, after all that was most of what the craft was, it just was not ours and had two dead Japs in it.

As for the Big Head thing, ever seen what the "Japs" use for their entertainment aka Power Rangers, that design may have been first used as a high altitude tank and helmet combo.

So then you have the Military referring to the bodies as Aliens which is the term for not from this country is or was before Sci-Fi writers co-oped it.

Thus the Idea of Aliens landing at Roswell in a crashed weather Balloon is born... The perfect cover to keep the trigger happy public from demanding to go back to Japan and finishing the job. It was in Government's interest to not stop the rumors after all it was easier to tell the truth that "it was not Extra-Terrestrials" then it would have been to Fight WWII part 3 return to the Pacific Theater.

Mind this is of course all speculation and Theory, the type perfect to Stink up Skunk works with.

CoBaZ

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Disagree, but I give you props for imagination and thinking outside the box. There is no record of manned balloon ops in postwar records, but 1) they did have balloons (west coast incendiaries), and 2) they did have mini-subs, the maritime equivalent (minimally manned, special mission).
could such an object float around the world for over a year unseen? I'm no expert but I'm guessing it's theoretically possible. hard to believe the balloon would hold up that long.
one small note; helium was extremely rare and hard to find outside the US. little-know factoid of history; the US limited exportation of same, to restrict enemy air (German zeppelins). This lack of helium might have prevented such a program (if it ever existed) to exist on any scale.

edit on 14-11-2015 by works4dhs because: add helpful clarification

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Has anyone ever heard of them using shaved chimpanzees as crash test "dummies"?

A hairless chimp thats been through a Hi G impact test looks strange indeed. Theres this B/W news pic somewhere of them finding one and holding it up by the arms… anyone?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

I like your idea, but the story about there also being bodies spawned YEARS later, if I recall correctly.

It seems to serve no purpose, or rather to DEFEAT the purpose, had it been an idea fed to the public by the government, if they fed it to us when everybody had forgotten about the incident.

But as works4dhs said, prop for imagination!

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What's more plausible to me is that these were captured German Horton flying wings, after all the Horton flying wing looks almost identical to what pilot Kenneth Arnold saw and drew in 1947
edit on 14-11-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It seems to parallell with that book written about Area 51,it too said humans were responsable but Nazi's in a Horten type craft.
I would say none of those are worth killing for to keep such an over arching infrastructure of secrecy in place.
It's not just aircraft technology protection.
the only way to verify is to get a piece of something from elsewhere and see what happens ,then you'd know.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Ohh I need to look up that Aircraft type. I was thinking Japs at first because the Europe theater ended earlier but thinking about it if the other theory of Hitler in south america is true then it could have been the Germans.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If that's true, why continue to cover it up?

What was the point of revealing "Project Mogul" as an explanation in recent years? Your story sounds like it would have been just as effective.

And, frankly, I don't really understand why your story would have been covered up in the forties? Or how the Japanese could have engaged in these activities after they had unconditionally surrenders and were occupied by the US?

Your theory, while imaginative and fun, offers more questions than answers.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ

Ohh I need to look up that Aircraft type. I was thinking Japs at first because the Europe theater ended earlier but thinking about it if the other theory of Hitler in south america is true then it could have been the Germans.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just look at the shape - it's almost the same as stealth bombers decades later.

aerostories.free.fr...

They also had biplane without tails:

aerostories.free.fr...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

This is the Horton,

files.abovetopsecret.com...

This Kenneth Arnold with his sketch,

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If there are aliens, I don't see their point in all this secrecy. We have lived through a lot of shocking events through our history. And if they were humanoid, they would come to dinner.

I think it is something else. Only something human would keep all these secrets and not want to share major advancements with fellow human beings. So money is not motivation for this thing. I'm thinking Elysium.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
IIRC the Horton was too unstable and never flew successfully.
guess the theory is, the USAAF grabbed some types, or at least the blueprints, experimented with, had one seen by Arnold, and lost one at Roswell.
meh. very old and archaic tech compared to the B2.
no doubt a lot of 50s / 60s UFO sightings were from 'unconventional' craft.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs
IIRC the Horton was too unstable and never flew successfully.
guess the theory is, the USAAF grabbed some types, or at least the blueprints, experimented with, had one seen by Arnold, and lost one at Roswell.
meh. very old and archaic tech compared to the B2.
no doubt a lot of 50s / 60s UFO sightings were from 'unconventional' craft.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The 229 tests were supposed to be quite successful. The US did get hold of at least one whole 229, while it's known that Northrop had the glider, (1935 version) shipped to the US, the glider version also had flown successfully in 1935

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I believe Jesse Marcel was telling the truth,
now it could have been disinformation to throw the soviets off as it potentially could have been a captured German wonder weapon being test flown but I think that is unlikely as well.

There are remember many alternate sources for being's different to us, Alternative reality's, alien planets and of course our own earth, a Chinese proverb says the most intelligent animal is the one no man has yet seen, maybe we are not the most advanced intelligence in the solar system.

No material the Japanese had or indeed we have today could have survived the test that Jessy Marcel claimed he had made on the material he had recovered and I also believe the leaked autopsy document's and that there were two distinct species at the two sites, one that had what appeared to be a chlorophyll or perhaps copper based blood and the other that sounded like an altered human or perhaps another race with terrestrial origin.

Of course it has become a great money spinner so sceptics have every right and every duty to try to disprove it.

www.roswellfiles.com...
www.roswellfiles.com...

The fact is that something crashed there, the US military tried to cover it up after a news paper story had already been printed and then again tried to cover it up much more recently by claiming it was a weather ballon witch is totally bogus.

NO part of a weather balloon could withstand a bullet and memory materials were not yet known or used at the time of the incident.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The original Roswell report made absolutely no mention of alien bodies. At all.
From that premise on, the thing kind of falls down.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

I believe Jesse Marcel was telling the truth,
now it could have been disinformation to throw the soviets off as it potentially could have been a captured German wonder weapon being test flown but I think that is unlikely as well.

But that's the thing, the original report was about the military having a disc in it's possession, as per Col Blanchard. The press release was his statement, and Walter Haut was the PIO officer who delivered the statement. The later retraction was the same scenario, in neither case was there any detail other than the 'flying disc'
General Ramey, the man from above was the debunker, and Blanchard was forced to make the second release, a retraction. Anyway, Col Blanchard, a military trained West Point man and war experienced, had seen the debris, and I don't see him not knowing what a weather balloon looked like, or any type of balloon for that matter, and Walter Haut would have known too, or at least guessed that the retraction was a cover, which it turned out much later to be in any case. Aside from that Walter Haut made a sworn affidavit a few years before he died, to be opened after he died, (2005)
Extract,

"12) Before leaving the base, Col. Blanchard took me personally to Building 84 [AKA Hangar P-3], a B-29 hangar located on the east side of the tarmac. Upon first approaching the building, I observed that it was under heavy guard both outside and inside. Once inside, I was permitted from a safe distance to first observe the object just recovered north of town. It was approx. 12 to 15 feet in length, not quite as wide, about 6 feet high, and more of an egg shape. Lighting was poor, but its surface did appear metallic. No windows, portholes, wings, tail section, or landing gear were visible.

(13) Also from a distance, I was able to see a couple of bodies under a canvas tarpaulin. Only the heads extended beyond the covering, and I was not able to make out any features. The heads did appear larger than normal and the contour of the canvas suggested the size of a 10 year old child. At a later date in Blanchard's office, he would extend his arm about 4 feet above the floor to indicate the height."
More reading of the affidavit here with redactions,
roswellproof.homestead.com...

edit on 14-11-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

A+ for a good theory.

Not sure if I buy into it but there is some plausibility. This would make a great book

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well considering back then they didnt have the tech to make materials that light and strong with memory back then it dont leave room for many options does it?

Most likely the"greys" in it were basically clones able to be ordered to do whatever the commanders wished them to do. part of th e deal with th e government was bodies/clones for testing purposes. Hence 2 clone pilots who were disposable.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

You know, that's not a bad theory. How one could prove it, I don't know, but it's possible. Other than the "over-sized heads", it fits well.

The last thing they would have wanted then was for the public to know about another potential attack on our soil. Aliens wold make for a better story, and the announcement of it being a UFO, later withdrawn, could easily have been planned.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

The basic gist of what was seen was a flexible metal craft with two beings in it.

There were no reports of bodies at Roswell until the 80's. They were made up much later than 1947

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join