It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man missing for a decade found in car in lake, which was visible from Google Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Davie Lee Niles was missing for a decade. It wasn't until this month that he was found inside a car that had sunk in a lake. The car was "visible" using Google Earth, but as a fuzzy white patch. People could have dismissed it as a flock of birds, foam, plant life or even just discolouration due to chemical effects.

www.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell
Depression is a killer all right.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Makes you wonder how many others who have gone missing are below the water, or in other relocations harder to observe but the key may be the readily available satellite images to finding these people.

Even though the images are not what originally brought attention to the car

it was ultimately a maintenance worker using a lift to install Christmas lights at Cook Funeral Home who made the shocking discovery.
-Source Might make a few Google Earth sleuths more ready to look into water images.

Sad though, seems he was pretty close to the funeral home, may have been intentional.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

"Why God waited nine years, I have no idea, but we're happy. It's good to have him home."

I'm not gonna drag this off into a belief-driven post, just underscoring the humanity in that statement. We each of us relate to the world in our own ways. The dead man might not have even considered God as he let off the handbrake and rolled down into the waters of the pond. The son-in-law can only make sense of it by framing it as God's will that he was finally found.

Closure or peace?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Both.

The mystery is solved. ...and he's home.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

....and what the heck was anyone doing decorating a Christmas tree in the first half of November???!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Goes to tell you that the 'experts' are not always right when it comes to identifying UFOs in photos.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: seagull

....and what the heck was anyone doing decorating a Christmas tree in the first half of November???!!!

People who do elaborate lighting and other decor and hire professionals to do it have to start this early due to demand. This is generally very large houses and rich areas. The people who do this don't turn the lights until Thanksgiving night or so, and the whole neighborhood will light up at once as everyone has their lighting in place.

I know this because I used to be buddies with a guy who was a professional Christmas Light installation person. Yup, that job exists.

On topic, I am glad this person was returned to their family.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Fair point, duly noted!

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Looks more like ancient alien tech to me.

This missing man nonsense is a clear cover story.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Oh ok I thought someone found him via google maps..
That would have been weird.. they have the wallet from the car but not the body.. must have been a laminated id.. Sorry again(did they dive for it? Couldnt they hook the car up and pull it out whilst they were at it?) .. Man working at a funeral home finds him (what a coincidence he doesn't even get to have a funeral .. Not yet ).. so he suicided from the sound of it..
edit on 14-11-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

They retrieved the car and found his remains in the driver's seat. There's a photo of the vehicle half-out of the pond as it's being winched out.

He was depressed and diagnosed with cancer. Had a couple of quiet beers in his local bar and left without a word.

His family, at the time, assumed suicide and held a funeral. Such a sad story even if they've all found the peace they wanted...including Mr Niles.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is cool in a macabre way.
It reminds me of this
www.nydailynews.com...

Human bones were discovered inside of a Sunrise canal by divers Friday, one day after a 1969 Dodge Coronet was pulled from the murky water, authorities said. The car is believed to be the one Harry Wade Atchison III, 19, and his girlfriend, Dana Null, 15, were riding in when it vanished in 1978.

new topics

top topics

join