It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson’s Middle East muddle

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It should be apparent to anybody by now that Ben Carson supports more US involvement in the Middle East. This is specifically why he came up with the claim that the Chinese were in Syria, this is specifically why he came out in support of the sending of 50 odd Special Ops forces. He, like the vast majority in the GOP, support more US involvement in matters there. Rand is the only candidate that doesn't in the GOP:

Bartiromo: Americans face security threats at home and abroad. Last year, terrorist attacks rose 61 percent, according to the Institute for Economics and Peace, with the most deaths occurring in just five countries, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nigeria, and Syria. Dr. Carson, you were against putting troops on the ground in Iraq and against a large military force in Afghanistan. Do you support the president’s decision to now put 50 Special Ops forces in Syria and leave 10,000 U.S. troops in Afghanistan?

Carson: Well, putting the Special Ops people in there is better than not having them there, because they — that’s why they’re called Special Ops, they’re actually able to guide some of the other things that we’re doing there.

And what we have to recognize is that Putin is trying to really spread his influence throughout the Middle East. This is going to be his base. And we have to oppose him there in an effective way.

We also must recognize that it’s a very complex place. You know, the Chinese are there, as well as the Russians, and you have all kinds of factions there.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Continued on:

And I think in order to make them look like losers, we have to destroy their caliphate. And you look for the easiest place to do that? It would be in Iraq. And if — outside of Anbar in Iraq, there’s a big energy field. Take that from them. Take all of that land from them. We could do that, I believe, fairly easily, I’ve learned from talking to several generals, and then you move on from there.

But you have to continue to face them, because our goal is not to contain them, but to destroy them before they destroy us.

I certainly think we should be cracking down on extremism, but getting more heavily involved in the Middle East? This is partly what caused extremism, western involvement in the Middle East. We should have learned by now it doesn't work, it hasn't amount to anything more than the further radicalization of groups there... but Carson apparently believes in doubling down.

The majority of Americans are war wary. I think people want to ensure the security at home, not to get bogged down in military operations that number in the $$millions daily of tax payer funds.

edit on 13-11-2015 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Trump/Carson would save america from the clutches of the liberal elite and the terrorists.

Lets be real here. If we don't have them America will be destroyed and the american dream will be lost in the shadows of history. A fools death at the hands of those who seek the destruction of good, innocent christian values.

Vote Trump/Carson!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think we should attack Syria. It's better to kill them there before they come here...oh, wait.

It's not going to matter who the next president is and your not really going to have a say anyway.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

edit on 13-11-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

Seriously. How are we supposed to take this comment?

Perhaps I need a drink to understand this.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Trump may be an ahole but Carson is just plain nuts. Neither one of these clueless idiots should even be considered for the highest office in the land. When Carson said he would shoot down Russian jets over Syria he may as well said he would be willing to start WW3. Isn't it funny how people that never been in combat or even in the military are the first ones wanting to go to war.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
double post
edit on 1860000000630America/ChicagoFri, 13 Nov 2015 21:29:06 -06002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

7 years of Obama has given us ISIS and terror attacks.

What would YOU suggest to solve the issues in the ME?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Yah, Rand is the only candidate, Republican or Democrat, who wants to wind down the foreign empire.

But TPTB have the masses hysterical over the "Muzzlims".

Regardless of the fact that these radicals were armed, trained and recruited by Western powers...

And of-course in the name of "security", the domestic police state will continue to grow.

Rand is the only one who would make a real effort to stop this juggernaut known as our government.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The best way to solve them would be to pull our troops out of there and tell them to solve their own problems. We are broke and cannot afford the cost or manpower to keep up this police the world BS.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

The best way to solve them would be to pull our troops out of there and tell them to solve their own problems. We are broke and cannot afford the cost or manpower...... To keep ever-growing debt you have to do what you are told to do, by those who have some of those pieces of paper to hand out tell you to do. Work long hours. Invade a foreign nation that refuses to have a Private Central Bank. Torture innocent people to death to find weapons of mass destruction that do not exist to justify a war. Compromise your morals and integrity.........

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

The best way to solve them would be to pull our troops out of there and tell them to solve their own problems. We are broke and cannot afford the cost or manpower to keep up this police the world BS.

In order for that to be effective, we'd have to remove all foreign aid as well.

Might as well wish for unicorns while you're at it.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

In order for that to be effective, we'd have to remove all foreign aid as well.

I'm all for that too and have been for a while. Foreign aid is nothing more than taking money away from the people who need it in this nation and giving it to people who don't need it in another nation just because they are too cheap to pay for what they want.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

7 years of Obama has given us ISIS and terror attacks.

It's all Obama's fault as per usual on here. Next we'll be blaming Obama for WW2? Seems to be the pattern here.

So explain to us why it's Obama's fault? Is it because he withdrew troops from Iraq? Even though ISIS originated from Syria, even though Bush signed withdrawal back in 2008?

I'd suggest we don't solve the issues in the Middle East, because it's none of our business. It's not our war to fight, it's not worth losing anymore american lives or tax payer money.

are YOU suggesting we continue wasting more american lives and tax payer money there? Do you not think Iraq war enough? We spent $200million daily there, we lost 3000+ lives, and for WHAT?

FOR WHAT?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Obama has been president for the past 7 years. It's been HIS foreign polices that has given rise to ISIS.

You can blame Obama, Hillary, Kerry.

Or ignore them and pretend the last 7 years didn't exist.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Obama has been president for the past 7 years. It's been HIS foreign polices that has given rise to ISIS.

You can blame Obama, Hillary, Kerry.

Or ignore them and pretend the last 7 years didn't exist.

Actually, it begins in Iran in 1953. We've been involved in the Middle East far too much for far too long.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I have my own opinions on the Middle East. But I'm not president, so my opinions are moot.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

And how? You're still not giving any details. All I hear is Obama this, Obama that, in a thread that has nothing do with Obama but instead about Carson and his foreign policy. But Obama is blamed for ISIS because, well, Obama. That's it folks

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I have my own opinions on the Middle East. But I'm not president, so my opinions are moot.

So only presidents are allowed to give their views and opinions on this forum and on this thread? When did this happen?

Do you agree with Carson? Should America get more involved in Syria and the Middle East? Since it worked so well in Iraq. Should they? Or are you going to avoid admitting your position on here?
edit on 13-11-2015 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

And how? You're still not giving any details. All I hear is Obama this, Obama that, in a thread that has nothing do with Obama but instead about Carson and his foreign policy. But Obama is blamed for ISIS because, well, Obama. That's it folks

Are you going to blame Carson for Obama's foreign policy blunders?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join