It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays: Evolution's Success Story?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: SPECULUM

it adds nothing to the gene pool.

Gay people reproduce using their genetics. Have you not heard of AI or surrogacy?

it serves no purpose in the greater scheme of existence.

That's more of a philosophical position than anything else. A depressing one at that. So the infertile heterosexuals have a meaningless existence according to you, yes?
If the world was made up entirely homosexual........Extinction

Savvy

Homosexuals are robbing the gene pool. it is all our jobs to do the best we can with what we have to Give. otherwise we are nothing more than takers, wasting valuable oxygen and resources
edit on 14-11-2015 by SPECULUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
They could reproduce using artificial insemination and surrogate mothers just like they do today.

That hypothetical scenario has zero plausibility.

Nice dodge by the way.

wasting valuable oxygen

Perhaps that's what you're doing.
edit on 14-11-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

They could reproduce using artificial insemination and surrogate mothers just like they do today.

That hypothetical scenario has zero plausibility.

Nice dodge by the way.

wasting valuable oxygen

Perhaps that's what you're doing.
I made children, and my children made me grand babies
I wont live to see their children...but we've done our part to continue on our forefathers genetics and family tree. Had i been Sterile?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM

it adds nothing to the gene pool.

Gay people reproduce using their genetics. Have you not heard of AI or surrogacy?

it serves no purpose in the greater scheme of existence.

That's more of a philosophical position than anything else. A depressing one at that. So the infertile heterosexuals have a meaningless existence according to you, yes?
If the world was made up entirely homosexual........Extinction

Savvy

Homosexuals are robbing the gene pool. it is all our jobs to do the best we can with what we have to Give. otherwise we are nothing more than takers, wasting valuable oxygen and resources

I can't tell if you are being serious or not. So far everything you have said paints a super sad picture of your values.

From what I can tell, you believe:
- If you are not bearing children, you are worthless.
- The only worthwhile thing you can do is bear children.
- Homosexuality is caused by a parasite.
- If that parasite is contracted and you succumb to the symptoms, you are worthless.

How in the hell does producing more humans contribute to humanity?! Are we short on people right now? It's no like we just survived a cataclysm and are on the brink of extinction. And, if we were, gay folks can make babies just like straight people can (it's a choice, remember). Your value system makes every single person who cannot bear children a worthless person, wasting space. It's the total opposite. A person who chooses not to reproduce (or even better, adopts a kid), is one of the most valuable sorts of human we can have. All they do is contribute without adding more humans to the mix when we don't need any.

If a world existed that shared your values, there would be nothing but joyless partnerships and overpopulation. So dismal.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I don't know why this escapes you. A gay woman that uses AI is still using her genetics with the pregnancy. A gay man can donate his semen to a surrogate mother and thus also use his genetics in the reproduction. They can make babies, and their children can grow up and makes babies.

Had i been Sterile?

Hopefully your life would have had meaning for you still. Mine does, and I have no interest in having children even though I physically can. If your life lacks meaning then it's your problem, not gay peoples problem.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Just because you find yourself attracted to the same sex, doesn't stop you from Not pursuing that thought and feeling...Same applies to murderers and Child molesters...Ultimately there is a choice

Please don't compare Homosexuals to murders, and child molesters.

What you are claiming is Homosexuals are sick in the head just like child molesters and murders.

The fact is Homosexuals are not sick, confuse, or mentally disturb.

Your "opinions" towards Homosexuals are false.

Read this.

Modern science says homosexuality is not a choice

WASHINGTON - April 14, 2013- “As a homosexual, I have companions. The most faithful of all is depression” –Ray Brown, Author.

The question of whether homosexuality is a choice remains on the front lines of criticisms, as many in common society believe one chooses to be lesbian, gay or bisexual (LGB). However, 40 years of study indicates homosexuality is not a personal choice.

The APA has declared LBG as not a mental illness or disorder with no identifiable dissimilar psychopathology, as both heterosexual and homosexual behaviors are normal aspects of human sexuality.

Psychology recognizes people express their sexual orientation through behaviors and these behaviors designed to bond are described as holding hands, kissing and intimacy and affection. Non- affectionate behaviors include deeply felt need for love and attachment, shared goals, and values, mutual support and long term outgoing commitment.

As a result, sexual orientation is not simply a personal characteristic but defines a group of people in which one is likely to discover satisfying and romantically fulfilling relationships as essential components of personal identity.

Sexual preference typically emerges during the mid-childhood and young teen years and this is the same period when one discovers a potential for LGB. However, there is no commonly accepted consensus that sexual orientation has a specific causation.

There is concern that this data may support those who erroneously believe LBG is causation for mental illness. In fact, studies show, ironically, this very type and style of societal condemnation is a contributing factor to the development of anxiety and stress related issues. LGB’s recognize that tolerance does not always translate to acceptance.

Discrimination against LGB’s in society-at-large, workplace and social settings produce increased levels of anger, stress and anxiety providing fertile breeding ground for depressive disorders and with youth, suicidal thoughts. Suicidal thoughts in LGB’s are reported in greater numbers than straight counterparts, but successful suicide attempts are reported as about the same.

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I don't know why this escapes you. A gay woman that uses AI is still using her genetics with the pregnancy. A gay man can donate his semen to a surrogate mother and thus also use his genetics in the reproduction. They can make babies, and their children can grow up and makes babies.

Had i been Sterile?

Hopefully your life would have had meaning for you still. Mine does, and I have no interest in having children even though I physically can. If your life lacks meaning then it's your problem, not gay peoples problem.
Then your genetics dies with you..No legacy...all for nothing, except worm food....will you be cremated too ? Lol

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Again, that's your philosophical position. Nothing more.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PraeterLambo

So, to sum up, nobody really knows what evolution is, or at least can't agree, and given evolution is such a slow process it's not something observable in two hundred years.

No, that's quite incorrect. We know exactly what evolution is, and how it occurs, even if there are many details of the process that are not fully understood. The only ones who can't agree what evolution is are scientifically naive people who do not understand it or are afraid to accept the truth of it for religious reasons.

To the guy who said religion should be heterophobic. You are bang on! It is!

Which religion would that be? Most religions I know are resoundingly heterophilic, or else disapprove of sex altogether.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Again, that's your philosophical position. Nothing more.
That's pretty much the Global norm...Billions Subscribe to it and from the Beginning of time, no less

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm talking about the position someones life is rendered meaningless if they never have children. I find meaning in life beyond baby-making. You apparently do not. That's your shortcoming, not mine.
edit on 14-11-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Sex is not just for reproduction. It's also about bonding with your partner. Sex creates even more feelings of bonding for your partner; connecting with Mind/Spirit and Body.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

You seriously misunderstand evolution. That is all.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Homosexuals don't donate sperm?

By your standard anybody that doesn't reproduce is robbing the gene pool, which includes many straights and bisexuals as well that do not choose to have children. I'm not robbing the gene pool, I have 4 siblings and 2 of which already have children. I come from a big family, so I feel it's only fair that all of us don't have kids. It's not necessary. Only a completely ego driven person would think that they HAVE to reproduce to save THEIR genetic line as if it is so super important compared to the rest.

edit on 11 16 15 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Homosexuals don't donate sperm?

By your standard anybody that doesn't reproduce is robbing the gene pool, which includes many straights and bisexuals as well that do not choose to have children. I'm not robbing the gene pool, I have 4 siblings and 2 of which already have children. I come from a big family, so I feel it's only fair that all of us don't have kids. It's not necessary. Only a completely ego driven person would think that they HAVE to reproduce to save THEIR genetic line as if it is so super important compared to the rest.

Well apparently you understand nothing of the complexity of nature...You know, The birds and The bee's?...All is necessary, because for each species, if diversity in each species fail, Extinction become probable...Like whats happened to the Cheetah. But i guess homosexuals don't need to reproduce, as its an undesirable trait in nature, where procreation is Paramount, not an Egocentric Lifestyle
edit on 16-11-2015 by SPECULUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

edit on 16-11-2015 by SPECULUM because: of Billy

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Well apparently you understand nothing of the complexity of nature...You know, The birds and The bee's?...All is necessary, because for each species, if diversity in each species fail, Extinction become probable...Like whats happened to the Cheetah. But i guess homosexuals don't need to reproduce, as its an undesirable trait in nature, where procreation is Paramount, not an Egocentric Lifestyle

The point is that the human race is nowhere even remotely close to extinction, yet we still have tons of religious folks popping out babies like their only purpose is to create more and more people with the same religious affiliation.

This isn't 10,000+ years ago where baby and infant deaths were common and everyone needed to reproduce like jack rabbits just to keep the species going. The population is skyrocketing and will eventually become unsustainable. This is mostly due to people not changing their breeding habits despite the advances in modern medicine that greatly reduce the infant mortality rate.

We simply do not need every living person to reproduce anymore. I know reproduction is ingrained in our nature, but humans need to be less selfish about it. 7 billion is enough, we aren't in any danger of going extinct due to not enough breeding. If anything overpopulation will cause extinctions in the future (and not just humans). With the population as it is, there is nothing wrong with less breeding. I feel that not breeding is one of the most unselfish sacrifices a person can make for the greater good.

edit on 11 16 15 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Evolution doesn't have a destination. Evolution just goes in whatever direction the mutations take it in. So your whole argument is flawed.

If an ecosystem allows for homosexuality to survive, then that is what it will do.
edit on 16-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

The point is that the human race is nowhere even remotely close to extinction, yet we still have tons of religious folks popping out babies like their only purpose is to create more and more people with the same religious affiliation.

This isn't 10,000+ years ago where baby and infant deaths were common and everyone needed to reproduce like jack rabbits just to keep the species going. The population is skyrocketing and will eventually become unsustainable. This is mostly due to people not changing their breeding habits despite the advances in modern medicine that greatly reduce the infant mortality rate.

We simply do not need every living person to reproduce anymore. I know reproduction is ingrained in our nature, but humans need to be less selfish about it. 7 billion is enough, we aren't in any danger of going extinct due to not enough breeding. If anything overpopulation will cause extinctions in the future (and not just humans). With the population as it is, there is nothing wrong with less breeding. I feel that not breeding is one of the most unselfish sacrifices a person can make for the greater good.
Well, apparently you never studied the Plague's. Where hundreds of millions died, mostly due to the fact that their genetics couldn't handle the strain, and only the ones that were diverse could...This is a result of Breeding.

There is no point in nature that takes a break. It must constantly Evolve to ensure its Survival...Its Life's Programming, Not Just Tax Paying Registered Voting Sexual Consumers

edit on 16-11-2015 by SPECULUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Gays are the New Plauge?

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join