It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays: Evolution's Success Story?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PraeterLambo

There is no end goal. Likewise there is no concept of perfection in evolution.It ismerely aprocess of change over time.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: SPECULUM

Yes we have heard you say that before. You have also said homosexuality is a choice many times. Which obviously is in direct contradiction to the idea it's caused by a 'DNA mutation'. You're all over the map with your anti-homosexuality. No one takes you seriously.

Also, hardly the topic.
I still stand by what i say. The act of Homosexuality is brought by the Toxoplasma Gondii, But you have a choice.. and if you say that you don't have a choice, you are a LIAR

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: Metallicus

INTELLIGENCE AND HOMOSEXUALITY

personal.lse.ac.uk...

Are gay brains different from straight brains? One researcher seems to think so. Satoshi Kanazawa argued in the Journal of Biosocial Science that gay people are typically born with more intelligence than the average heterosexual, showing data and evolutionary trends to validate his point.

Even though the study is over a year old, researchers are beginning to look at it more seriously after the MacArthur Foundation revealed the recipients of its so-called “genius” award last week. Three of the 24 winners were openly gay which led some to assume that gay geniuses existed in more numbers than their heterosexual counterparts within the normal population.

According to Kanazawa’s study, smart people are better able to override evolutionary impulses and can adapt to new stimuli and desires more effectively than the average person, which is why smart people are more likely to be vegetarians. According to the same logic, smart people might be more willing to engage in or be more willing to express same-sex fantasies or desires.

Kanazawa also says that homosexuality is an evolutionary handicap since it prevents reproduction – an idea which has polarized many people in the scientific community. In another theory called Sexually Antagonistic Selection, genetic factors which cause homosexuality in one sibling could create more fertility in another, creating a balance effect.

Sociologists aren’t looking at science to question this theory, instead they are looking at data which seem to semi-support it, but not entirely. Recent studies find that gay households are more likely to have a combined income and college degrees than straight ones (obvious signs of intelligence). Gay men in college also show to have high GPAs and be more involved in extracurricular activities.

This isn’t the first study to conclude such arguments. It’s been a well-thought theory for decades that gay people are not only smarter, but more creative as well. Some psychologists in the 1950s even thought that being gay was the root of creativity, this was obviously proven wrong.

But if there’s one perspective which might hold some validity, it’s that gay people are well aware of their adversities from an early age. This in itself opens the mind up in ways no straight person is able to experience. As soon as the brain can put together a logical thought, we know we’re different. From that moment, our perspective towards the world is altered. Perhaps this is the real source as to why gay people are often viewed as more “intelligent.” But in my opinion, it’s more intuitive rather than intelligent.

Gay people are no smarter than straight people – at least in my opinion. If we’re going to preach the message that straight marriage and straight love is the same as gay marriage and gay love, we have to conclude that our brains abide by the same rules. Though this theory makes one hell of a dinner conversation, I’m going to have to intuitively decline the idea.

www.gayguys.com...

I think so.

Studies such as this should be taken with a grain of salt. It's a very interesting read but the following quote is true and invalidates any serious scientific insight brought about from that study.

Another possibility is that more intelligent individuals, rather than being truly more
homosexual in their sexual identity, expressed attraction, and sexual behaviour, are
more likely openly to admit that they are homosexual than less intelligent individuals

We are living in a time where homosexuality is being publicly accepted more and more every day. Yet, there are still parts of the world where being openly gay will get you executed or thrown in a cell.

Studies like that can't be taken seriously due to several factors:

1) The unknown number of people who aren't openly gay
2) The unknown number of people who choose to identify as gay to be trendy and "fit in" with a special snowflake mentally
3) The amount of alternate-sexual identifications which aren't recognized and labeled as "gay or other wise not hetero"

Anyways, I think people should be less concerned with what they are attracted to and more concerned with whether or not it's healthy to engage in recreational sex. Sex is a tool for reproduction. Orgasm is only there to motivate one to attempt to reproduce. As far as our bodies are concerned, it just wants to reproduce. It doesn't know whether or not you're with a specific gender. By choosing to have recreational sex with no intention of reproduction, we also choose to risk the spread of disease. This goes for all, not just gays... however gays are the main recipient of this criticism because they only have recreational sex which does not produce anything for society.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM

Yes we have heard you say that before. You have also said homosexuality is a choice many times. Which obviously is in direct contradiction to the idea it's caused by a 'DNA mutation'. You're all over the map with your anti-homosexuality. No one takes you seriously.

Also, hardly the topic.
I still stand by what i say. The act of Homosexuality is brought by the Toxoplasma Gondii, But you have a choice.. and if you say that you don't have a choice, you are a LIAR

Let's say, just for fun, that you are right about toxoplasmosis causing homosexuality. Are you then actually saying that contracting toxoplamosis is a choice?

"Thou shalt not contract the gay parasite or you shall surely perish".

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Also, hardly the topic.

Let's say, just for fun, that you are right about toxoplasmosis causing homosexuality. Are you then actually saying that contracting toxoplamosis is a choice?

Well, even in the Animal world Toxoplasma Gondii affects animals differently, so i would say it would have different affects as any other disease does..IE: Shingles, Herpes, and so on. Bi sexuality would be considered still as a bi product of the infection
edit on 14-11-2015 by SPECULUM because: of billy

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I still stand by what i say.

Great. You're still contradicting yourself.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I still stand by what i say.

Great. You're still contradicting yourself.
Not at all

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Also, hardly the topic.

Well, even in the Animal world Toxoplasma Gondii affects animals differently, so i would say it would have different affects as any other disease does..IE: Shingles, Herpes, and so on. Bi sexuality would be considered still as a bi product of the infection

But we aren't talking about other diseases, other symptoms, or other species. You were specifically talking about the disease of toxoplasmosis, the symptom of homosexuality, and the species of human.

You specifically said that toxoplasmosis causes homosexuality in humans. You then said that homosexuality is a choice. This means you believe that contracting toxoplasmosis is a choice.

How do you expect to talk yourself around that? Which is it? A parasitic disease or a choice?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: PraeterLambo

Your post tells me you still have a childs grasp on the theory of evolution. Please don't insult either gays or evolution by getting them mixed up in your woeful web of misconceptions.

Explain how science is so good at getting things right when it comes to how anything or everything works.

Not one answer has been found in regards to these things, in fact, no one dare ask a question of how a mind thinks it is in the "wrong body".

Perhaps it has NOTHING to do with evolution, and has everything to do with things that science will not go near, or be allowed to go near.

Maybe a whole whack of things are purposefully not found out, so we can continue on "theorizing" forever, and believing the answers are hidden in some closet.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

This is from a link that cites Bill Bryson's introduction to his book "A Short History of Nearly Everything":

Not only have you been lucky enough to be attached since time immemorial to a favored evolutionary line, but you have also been extremely -- make that miraculously --- fortunate in your personal ancestry.

Consider the fact that for 3.8 billion years, a period of time older than the Earth's mountains and rivers and oceans, every one of your forebears on both sides has been attractive enough to find a mate, healthy enough to reproduce, and sufficiently blessed by fate and circumstances to live long enough to do so.

Not one of your pertinent ancestors was squashed, devoured, drowned, starved, stranded, stuck fast, untimely wounded, or otherwise deflected from its life's quest of delivering a tiny charge of genetic material to the right partner at the right moment in order to perpetuate the only possible sequence of hereditary combinations that could result -- eventually, astoundingly, and all too briefly -- in you.

Truly remarkable.
That book is worth reading, if any are.

Anyway, your post reminded me of it. So - thought I'd share.

edit on 11/14/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Also, hardly the topic.

But we aren't talking about other diseases, other symptoms, or other species. You were specifically talking about the disease of toxoplasmosis, the symptom of homosexuality, and the species of human.

You specifically said that toxoplasmosis causes homosexuality in humans. You then said that homosexuality is a choice. This means you believe that contracting toxoplasmosis is a choice.

How do you expect to talk yourself around that? Which is it? A parasitic disease or a choice?

Just because you find yourself attracted to the same sex, doesn't stop you from Not pursuing that thought and feeling...Same applies to murderers and Child molesters...Ultimately there is a choice

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Your opinion has been noted. That's all it is though. An opinion.

I know I never chose my orientation. I know that as a fact.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OhOkYeah

Anyways, I think people should be less concerned with what they are attracted to and more concerned with whether or not it's healthy to engage in recreational sex. Sex is a tool for reproduction. Orgasm is only there to motivate one to attempt to reproduce. As far as our bodies are concerned, it just wants to reproduce. It doesn't know whether or not you're with a specific gender. By choosing to have recreational sex with no intention of reproduction, we also choose to risk the spread of disease. This goes for all, not just gays... however gays are the main recipient of this criticism because they only have recreational sex which does not produce anything for society.

I disagree. and this is your opinion.

My body is not interested in reproducing, I am not a father and never wanted to be one.

I have been in very few relationship with men, my last one was 20 years and he dies 5 years ago. I have been in a new committed relationship for over a year now and I am very happy.

When I was single I always used protection and most gay men do. I should know.

Who cares. if recreational sex doesn't produce anything for society. Sex is not always about making babies, it is also a way of sharing interment pleasure that is completely healthy.

The most contributing factor of spreading diseases is not gays any longer. It is the millions of drug users that contribute to most of these diseases today.

Since you want to label gays as being the problem you may want to research Heterosexuals who are promiscuous, there are millions of them. As if gays are the only one's that have recreational sex. Really.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Also, hardly the topic.

Just because you find yourself attracted to the same sex, doesn't stop you from Not pursuing that thought and feeling...Same applies to murderers and Child molesters...Ultimately there is a choice

That also applies to eating and breathing. I don't understand your point.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Just another way to shame GLBTQ+ people and make it our fault for any discrimination, if we indulge in our "Feelings" than we can only blame ourselves

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Your opinion has been noted. That's all it is though. An opinion.

I know I never chose my orientation. I know that as a fact.
But if its not a Heterosexual orientation, it serves no purpose in the greater scheme of existence. it adds nothing to the gene pool. But that choice is yours...CHOICE

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Sure we serve a purpose, how sad to think your life is nothing but reproduction, i'm sorry for you

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Sure we serve a purpose, how sad to think your life is nothing but reproduction, i'm sorry for you

What purpose do you serve? Self?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

it adds nothing to the gene pool.

Gay people reproduce using their genetics. Have you not heard of AI or surrogacy?

it serves no purpose in the greater scheme of existence.

That's more of a philosophical position than anything else. A depressing one at that. So the infertile heterosexuals have a meaningless existence according to you, yes?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I don't think i know my Purpose yet, maybe it's to inspire people, maybe it's to entertain people, maybe it's to show people that they can have as messed up life as i have had and still survive and continue to try and live and thrive.... i don't know, maybe i'll never know my "True Purpose" but i'm only 24, i'm still young

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join