It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bootlegged music recordings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I used to take my microcassette recorder into smaller venues back in the late 90's....had a small collection of young up and coming bands....until the main tape was erased and recorded over by a ghostly EVP one night during a campout near a fireman's memorial. Spooked me out, because the recorder was in the back seat and I know I didn't turn it on by accident! I wish I had a computer back then and ATS so I could tried to have uploaded that recording. Scared the beejeepers out of me back then! O_O No idea where those tapes ran off to either. Wormholes, I guess. Speaking of that recorder....wonder where the heck it ran off to this time. My room is kinda clean, so....hope it wasn't ghosts again! Eeeeep!

edit on 11/13/15 by GENERAL EYES because: minor clairty, minor addition

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: proob4

What's really cool is to get a recording of a show you've BEEN at

Or finding one you been at and realizing you are one one the fans shouting and cheering which I have several, including the Kiss reunion tour at the old Tiger stadium in Detroit in '96. I swear i had like 20 friends there also.

edit on 11/13/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I used to take my microcassette recorder into smaller venues back in the late 90's....had a small collection of young up and coming bands....until the main tape was erased and recorded over by a ghostly EVP one night during a campout near a fireman's memorial. Spooked me out, because the recorder was in the back seat and I know I didn't turn it on by accident! I wish I had a computer back then and ATS so I could tried to have uploaded that recording. Scared the beejeepers out of me back then! O_O No idea where those tapes ran off to either. Wormholes, I guess. Speaking of that recorder....wonder where the heck it ran off to this time. My room is kinda clean, so....hope it wasn't ghosts again! Eeeeep!
I remember back in the early 80's there was this guy called George Meek and he used this tech called carver sonic holography to record the dead. I had a show recorded off FM onto cassette which i used to listen a lot. it was very creepy too. He claimed the dead don't have usable voice boxes but their enitiy still has the makeup of a human and this carver sonic holography was able to hollographically interpret their vocal chords much like a stylus on a vinyl record.
Still to this day I do not know what i did with the recording and have searched online for Professor George meek and found very little about him and his talking to the dead experiments.

In case you are interested. George Meek was a pioneer of EVP's.
Just listen to this old recording and keep in mind this was before wireless phones and cell phones. Most of ATS I doubt have heard of this man.

And it's funny how a topic of bootlegging that this forgotten man came through. he passed in 1999 btw.
He called it Spiritcom.

The fun starts on part 2 of this 5 part video.

For a full transcript click here. I should probably make this into it's own thread? I am sorry if i took my OP off topic with this.
edit on 11/13/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I'm looking at vinyl again....my folks had the records....I have one or two in storage, mostly 45's of 80's pop musicians, my monthly allowance....really small collection nothing uberspecial....but have bought a few of my favorite albums for old times sake...they're framed right now safely until (heaven forbid) I have to break 'em out and play 'em on a small portable record player I don't own yet.

I've been trying to rebuild my audio set up for decades.

Still love cassettes though....and there are some great smaller acts locally I'd love taped recordings of with a pocket recorder just because I'm a weirdo. If I ever get a car, it'll have a cassette player in it because that's just how I roll.

Reel to reel are badass, but I've never learned how to load one proper so I'm outta luck. Met some nice folks a few decades back who were studio musicians, and that was their set up for long sets of guests in their personal studios....really cool to have a listen to, and watch the reel go round and round.

Awesome stuff.....smaller acts again, but still very very very cool to listen to.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Right on.....I'll take a look into this.

It was my first experience with an unexplained EVP...up until then I had only been aware of backmasking.....via a tape a friend sent me as a letter/update that accidentally got flipped around and we were all laughing at how silly it sounded until we heard...clear as a bell....a unusual voice say...."for reasons not earthlike". Scared the cripes outta all of us for a while and our spiritual friend who was more hip to that kinda thing asked if she could keep it.

EVP's are a new thing for me personally but very very interesting.

Thank you for the heads up.

Edit to Add: Back to audiophile and music bootlegging fandom!

edit on 11/14/15 by GENERAL EYES because: edit to add

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
hell yes.
i have thousands of hours of boots. thousands upon thousands.
thousands of hours over a 20 year period of frank zappa alone.

thats where all the best stuff is. the live stuff is where the magic happens

top topics

<< 1   >>

join