It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Projected path of WTF1190 & Footage of it in Atmosphere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here's the projected path of WTF1190; the unknown object headed on a collision course with Earth this Friday 11/13/15. Here are the first images of it entering the atmosphere and the projected path for where it will crash. It looks like the final destination for WTF is on the Southernmost edge of India.

I think WTF should stand for What the F'? What says ATS

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Maybe it is a Taurid meteor?

Or perhaps a satellite whose orbit has decayed. There was a cubesat deployment a week ago.

Strange - I had a premonition this morning about a falling object from the sky. I got the odd feeling this thing is not from Earth.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Investigated a little. Turns out the presence of WTF1190 was known since a month. According to ESA:

“NEO experts have used observational data to estimate the object’s density, which turns out to be much less than that of the solid rocky material that comprises many asteroids,” says Detlef Koschny, responsible for NEO activities at ESA’s Space Situational Awareness (SSA) programme office.

“This density is in fact compatible with the object being a hollow shell, such as the spent upper stage of a rocket body or part of a stage.”

Source: m.esa.int...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Or perhaps a satellite whose orbit has decayed. There was a cubesat deployment a week ago.

Strange - I had a premonition this morning about a falling object from the sky. I got the odd feeling this thing is not from Earth.

Yeah, It feels like something weird is going on that we're not being told.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: swanne

Yeah, It feels like something weird is going on that we're not being told.

That exact statement is said everytime something like this pops up. .
So far nothing has happened so I guess there is nothing else to say other than what has already been stated..

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Agreed. They say the density is not correlating that of "many" rocky asteroids.

Note they did not say "all".

Of course, asteroids come in different densities, so it is hard to generalize. But the ESA uses the low density observation to jump to the conclusion that WTF1190 is a hollow rocket stage.

I fail to see why they rule out the possibility of it being a rock of low density, or a hollow natural body, so quickly.

edit on 13-11-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Did it hit yet?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Did it hit yet?

Not sure but it should have by now. I'll check.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Over on Space.com there are articles about it where they say that it entered the atmosphere at 1:19am est where the pieces came down off the coast of Sri Lanka. I wonder if they'll recover it and tell us what it is....?

www.space.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Came down a quite a few hours ago now.

Link

Now... that being said, there was a video posted by a UAE Spotter Plane but there were also a bunch of hoax items out there. Not sure if the original pic posted in the LINK above was from the UAE craft or not. If someone can vet it, that would be great. If so, a little interesting follow up item can be added to this story. If not-- well, it would make sense that the whole thing was a hoax

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Oh look.... Nothing happened at all.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
Oh look.... Nothing happened at all.

Depends on how you look at it. Something happened - we have been able to detect and track an object prior to it impacting our atmosphere, like it happened with the 2008 TC3. This may prove useful when something much bigger and heavier comes our way.

new topics

top topics

join