It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacks in Paris LIVE - Multiple Shootings, Hostages, Suicide Bombers, and Explosions 120 Dead +

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

And that seems to be where this is headed,tighter controls,tighter security soon you will be searched everywhere you go...and it is a great plan to get people to take onboard some sort of biometric identifier

There is nowhere else left to go with security in the U.S. is there?

I am open for suggestion but i think no

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

And that seems to be where this is headed,tighter controls,tighter security soon you will be searched everywhere you go
/

Of course, just like us. Profiling, anybody? It will come to that, especially at airports.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

We need to stop letting them come back if that's the case.

Yeah..that boggles the mind.

Do they do that to track them and get more leads and, if so, is it worth the risk? Especially since the problem is that there are too many to track. Stupid.

That needs to stop ASAP.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here is a really good link to French Huffington Post. Use translate at upper right corner if you do not speak French.
www.huffingtonpost.fr...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

In my opinion Islamic extremists such as ISIS, al qaeda, etc... want us in the ME specifically because we create power vacuums that they can then fill. They want us to clear out the moderates, the 'liberal' and those that want to progress beyond traditional roles and ways of life, they want to be left with a traumatized, poor, starving populace that they can 'save'. Continuing to accommodate them or foster them even because we want their resources is foolish.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
Police are saying that all the attackers are dead:

www.theguardian.com...-56467469e4b091c2edb6cb48

The Paris police prefect has now confirmed that the attackers at the Bataclan rock venue blew themselves up with suicide belts as police closed in, killing four.

He said the gunmen first sprayed cafes outside the venue with machine gunfire, then went inside the concert hall and killed more before the assault by security forces.

The prefect, Michel Cadot, said one set of attackers was at the Stade de France, and at nearly the same time the second group attacked within the city.

Cadot said all the attackers are believed dead, although authorities are hunting for any possible accomplices.

They are talking about the attackers who were at one location only. There are 4 or 5 other locations and they have no idea where the rest of the attackers have gone.

www.abc.net.au...

The French prosecutor has said he believes that five attackers are dead at different locations," said European correspondent Barbara Miller. "We've touched on the fact that we think several are dead at that concert venue and that also the attacks near the sports stadium may also have been suicide attacks, possibly two or three attackers dead there. "That still leaves four or possibly five further locations where we think there have been terrorist attacks and not clear where those attackers are. These attacks happened in pretty quick succession. "This was a coordinated attack on the French capital, so it's absolutely certain that there are attackers still on the loose and that's why we're seeing French authorities declare this state of emergency ... moving in 1500 extra troops because, of course, they're very aware there could be several people still on the loose here and possibly even associates of them who could still pose a significant threat in the French capital.

World War 3, here we come...
I wonder how many of the attackers involved have recently emigrated to France?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The very first news report I heard said witnesses heard the shooters shouting "alla akbar". I have not heard that since the very first report. Did anyone else hear that and if so, have you heard it since the first report?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

And that seems to be where this is headed,tighter controls,tighter security soon you will be searched everywhere you go...and it is a great plan to get people to take onboard some sort of biometric identifier

There is nowhere else left to go with security in the U.S. is there?

I am open for suggestion but i think no

When the president is importing potential terrorists by the thousands, shuttling them around the country, and not telling everyone where they are, there is nowhere better to go than where you are now.
edit on 13-11-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wow, 2,000 Frenchman radicalized in the last two years, now living in France. They are going to track them all down. Didn't say what they would do with them when they found them. But it does seem the terrorists were speaking French very fluently. This seems to be an area of great interest right now.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
www.veteranstoday.com...

Je suis Charlie.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
The very first news report I heard said witnesses heard the shooters shouting "alla akbar". I have not heard that since the very first report. Did anyone else hear that and if so, have you heard it since the first report?

I haven't read anything like that, what location was this supposedly at?
The attackers at the Bataclan Theatre said nothing.

www.abc.net.au...

Julian Pierce, a journalist from Europe 1 radio, was inside the Bataclan theatre in eastern Paris on Friday night when shooting began.

We heard so many gunshots and the terrorists were very calm, very determined and they reloaded three or four times their weapons and they didn't shout anything. They didn't say anything

Asked if he could hear what language they were speaking, he replied, "Nothing. I heard nothing, just the yelling and screaming of the people. They didn't shout anything. They didn't say anything. They said nothing. They just shot. They just shoot. They were just shooting at people.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

In my opinion Islamic extremists such as ISIS, al qaeda, etc... want us in the ME specifically because we create power vacuums that they can then fill. They want us to clear out the moderates, the 'liberal' and those that want to progress beyond traditional roles and ways of life, they want to be left with a traumatized, poor, starving populace that they can 'save'. Continuing to accommodate them or foster them even because we want their resources is foolish.

So we just leave the ME...and ISIS goes away? Leaves us alone? Stops killing?
That's naive, at the very least.
ISIS wants to kill or convert everyone who thinks differently than they think. Join ISIS or die!---THAT is what ISIS wants.
Unless, we stop them...ISIS wins. Unless we kill them...More nights like tonight in Paris will happen over and over again...all over the world...and, sooner or later, what happened in Paris tonight, will eventually happen in YOUR town or in my town..to YOUR family or to MY family...to YOU or to me.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: symphonyofblase

www.abc.net.au...

Julian Pierce, a journalist from Europe 1 radio, was inside the Bataclan theatre in eastern Paris on Friday night when shooting began.

We heard so many gunshots and the terrorists were very calm, very determined and they reloaded three or four times their weapons and they didn't shout anything. They didn't say anything

Asked if he could hear what language they were speaking, he replied, "Nothing. I heard nothing, just the yelling and screaming of the people. They didn't shout anything. They didn't say anything. They said nothing. They just shot. They just shoot. They were just shooting at people.

I was watching the news, either nbc or abc.

The quotes you cited, especially the one, seem very strange. Why would anyone go out of their way to say the shooters did not shout anything and said nothing? If I was talking to the news or the police, I would talk about what they DID do, not what they didnt... I find that questionable at best.

A witness to the carnage at Paris' Bataclan concert hall, where 100 people have reportedly been taken hostage and dozens killed, is saying that the attackers shouted "Allahu Akbar," Arabic for "God is great," as they fired into the crowd.

link
edit on 13-11-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

www.abc.net.au...

The quotes you cited, especially the one, seem very strange. Why would anyone go out of their way to say the shooters did not shout anything and said nothing? If I was talking to the news or the police, I would talk about what they DID do, not what they didnt... I find that questionable at best.

Your comment and reasoning make no sense at all.
The guy is a journalist, how did he go out of his way to make a statement?
He did mention what they did do, and that was shooting silently at people.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

No, ISIS won't go away immediately if we leave the ME. The effects of the carnage we've done over there physically, politically and mentally will last several generations. But, we do stop fueling them, when we do that... rationality has a chance to reappear and the extremism starts to starve.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

www.abc.net.au...

Your comment and reasoning make no sense at all.
The guy is a journalist, how did he go out of his way to make a statement?
He did mention what they did do, and that was shooting silently at people.

Your logic is flawed. If he is a journalist, he is reporting what he was told by witnesses, unless he saw it himself. And I did a quick search and found numerous versions of what happened, including several saying the shooters shouted allahu akbar.

There is a thing called the rashamon effect where people who witness an event often come up with very different versions of what happened.

Dont be so quick to condemn anything different from what you first heard. Due diligence is a necessity in life.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: symphonyofblase
www.france24.com...
edit on 13-11-2015 by Starcrossd because: fixed link..hopefully

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

No, ISIS won't go away immediately if we leave the ME. The effects of the carnage we've done over there physically, politically and mentally will last several generations. But, we do stop fueling them, when we do that... rationality has a chance to reappear and the extremism starts to starve.

Amen. There will always be some Islamic extremists, but we are fueling them and making their ranks swell by our drone strikes that kill innocent civilians, daily, by the carnage and by creating and arming these groups. Lest we not forget that we armed the Taliban to help fight the Russians. We created the Taliban and the culture that supported Osama Bin Laden. We created ISIS and we fuel it's ranks by killing innocents and children without drone strikes.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

By design?

Albert Pike and Three World Wars

Who was Albert Pike

Pay particular notice that it was penned in 1871 before WW1 and WW2 and what was said about the coming WW3.

did you notice WW4 wasn`t mentioned?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I had to stop reading the r/ live thread or following twitter. Too emotional. My God, the panic. I can't stop wondering/worrying about all of those people who used social media in the midst of what was going on.

I'm glad I wasn't active on forums in 2001.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join