It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris shooting: Several 'killed and injured after shootout' in French restaurant

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I remember the UK in the times of the IRA and we didn't blame every Irish person for it.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I remember the UK in the times of the IRA and we didn't blame every Irish person for it.

There were times when we did. Let's not pretend we're perfect. The hatred and witch hunts that followed the bombings in Brum led to innocent men getting sent down, remember the Birmingham Six?

edit on 15-11-2015 by Anaana because: nad!!! and..good grief

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
TV just said there still is one of the terror-teams on the run, police stays on alert?!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
TV just said there still is one of the terror-teams on the run, police stays on alert?!

Good thing we have TV or we would never know what is going on

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Morning coffee and TV sorry i have a routine...
Was it mentioned before?

There: the mirror same story
edit on 15-11-2015 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

NO you got the scoop as far as i know....as for me i am just about to switch off and pretend it was all a bad dream

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I wish i could! I am so super nervous since it happened! Like every second the next # will happen...

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: asen_y2k

originally posted by: flyandi
a reply to: haman10

You know that those refugees in Iran are their people .. well in terms of faith .. and Iran is funding the terror.

Your comment is baloney.

If I am not mistaken it is Russia along with Iran fighting ISIS in Syria. Russia provides air support, Iran provides boots on the ground. I even remembr reading about high ranking Iranian officers dying in fights against ISIS. These guys walk the talk and are doing the fighting while everyone else talks. Respect for Russia and Iran!

Iran is fighting a religious war with Saudi arabia. But to the west they are different sides of them same coin. The middle east will not find peace until countries stop trying to expand their religious beliefs in other countries. But I don't see peace until this secular war of sun I and shia plays out. I guess one will have to kill the other because as we know centuries have some nothing to stop the blood shed.

As for iran having boots on the ground in syria of course they do. How else are they going to drive the sunni out. After all shia is a minority there.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Floke
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The securrity in Sweden is raised during three events today that will gather alot of people, and also falls under what ISIS hate.

1. Soccer game between Sweden and Denmark at Friends Arena in Stockholm.

2. The first open weekend of the Mall of Scandinavia (it was chaos at the opening day the 12th of nov this week. So much people wanted to get in) This mall is very close by to Friends Aren

3. Madonna is perfoming in Stockholm tonight

I hope nothing happens.

At least nothing happened there last night.... but it is only one night after.... lets hope our secret service personnel can catch anyone else before it does happen.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tyrion79
a reply to: angeldoll

The passports are likely to be fake according to CNN.

A Syrian passport was found near the body of an attacker outside one of the targeted sites, the Stade de France, according to a police source, CNN affiliate France 2 and other French media reported.
A source close to the investigation told CNN that an Egyptian passport was found on another attacker. "There is strong assumption that these passports are fake," the source said.

I was going to bring up that maybe they were false passports or passports of people who have died already..

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I wish i could! I am so super nervous since it happened! Like every second the next # will happen...

That is why the TV repeats the same thing over and over and over so that it burns itself into your psyche,people are at their most vulnerable when scared,and vulnerability leads to rash decisions ....there is a very distinct pattern

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
The middle east will not find peace until countries stop trying to expand their religious beliefs in other countries.

I think generations growing up in a permanent state of war is also a large factor in this.
People living year upon year in fear and poverity because of it, doesn't help the situation either.
Somehow weapons and ammunition always seem to find a way even to the poorest areas though.

Maybe we can never have world peace, as long as their are still huge profits to be made in weapon sales.
Same reason we'll probably never have a cure for cancer or aids, because it's much more profitable to medicate people the rest of their lives.
Something needs to be seriously changed in this world.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tyrion79

originally posted by: dragonridr
The middle east will not find peace until countries stop trying to expand their religious beliefs in other countries.

I think generations growing up in a permanent state of war is also a large factor in this.
People living year upon year in fear and poverity because of it, doesn't help the situation either.
Somehow weapons and ammunition always seem to find a way even to the poorest areas though.

Maybe we can never have world peace, as long as their are still huge profits to be made in weapon sales.
Same reason we'll probably never have a cure for cancer or aids, because it's much more profitable to medicate people the rest of their lives.
Something needs to be seriously changed in this world.

Weapons sales to terrorists doesn't make money for military idustrial. Well wait I take that back not for USA and Russia china however likes to make cheap Russian knock offs and sell them cheap. And let's face it us and Russian arms manufacturers make their money selling to their govts. Foriegn sales is a minor part of their profit.

Now let's talk about the Paris attacks again kind of got off topic. Looks like the Paris attacks was a big mistake and I think ISIL doesn't realize the response they are going to get. I think they believed they could intimidate world govts instead it appears they set their resolve. What I find more interesting is all the countries calling for war. Looks like at the g20 a lot of countries want to turn syria into a parking lot. Who would have thought a war with Islam could bring all the other countries together?

"We are now at a point where words end in the fight against terrorism. We are now at a stage where this should be put at the forefront," Erdogan told reporters ahead of the summit, also due to be attended by leaders from Europe, China, Japan, Canada, Australia and Brazil, among others.

"We must work together, we must enhance our solidarity," Zhu Guangyou told a news conference in the coastal resort of Belek, where leaders began gathering for the summit.

Speaking in Vienna, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said there was growing consensus among global powers that they had to work together to confront Islamic State.
mobile.reuters.com...
edit on 11/15/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Looks like the Paris attacks was a big mistake and I think ISIL doesn't realize the response they are going to get.

Somehow, I don't think this has to be necessarily true.
ISIL comes across more as an ideology, than as a structured society to me.
I think it's possible that, although doing it in name of ISIL, separate radicalised groups could commit terrorist attacks in the west, while ISIL in the Middle East didn't explicitly order them to do it.
The ideoligy is the biggest threat in my opinion.
Also remember, unless changed since last night, the video/tweet of ISIL claiming the attack on Paris still hasn't been officially confirmed yet.

Who would have thought a war with Islam could bring all the other countries together?

I think this "truce" is only temporary as long as there still is a common enemy.
Also, what will happen to the rebels, which are currently supported by the west, once ISIS is defeated?
What will prevent radicalisation of the population in the future?
I still haven't heard any long term solutions to the problems in the Middle East.

On a side note, what does ISIL stand for?
First it was IS, then ISIS and now ISIL, what's the difference?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This can have a thread of its own , but since we're here :

Huckabee Calls on Obama to Revoke Iran Deal in Wake of Paris Attack !!

www.mediaite.com...

GOP leader everyone ! these are the people who we're dealing with .

Revoke any agreement with Iran regarding their nuclear capacity. Radical Islamists, whether Sunni or Shia, are a clear and present danger to civilization.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

So what is your take as a Iranian on that? I think it should be revoked.. When everyone else in civilized world is trying to get rid of nuclear Iranians were celebrating it.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

It was Iranians that attacked Paris? Is this that same Bush logic. Saudi's attack us but we invade Iraq?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Sadly UK politicians are already being incredibly predictable, and are using this atrocity to reinforce their arguments for ever more encroaching state surveillance of citizens. Before the blood on the floor is even dry too.

Disgusting.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

It was Iranians that attacked Paris? Is this that same Bush logic. Saudi's attack us but we invade Iraq?

Gotta bomb something!

Just not the slimballs that have brought our politicians out

edit on 15-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10
This can have a thread of its own , but since we're here :

Huckabee Calls on Obama to Revoke Iran Deal in Wake of Paris Attack !!

www.mediaite.com...

GOP leader everyone ! these are the people who we're dealing with .

Revoke any agreement with Iran regarding their nuclear capacity. Radical Islamists, whether Sunni or Shia, are a clear and present danger to civilization.

Yup a another US politician going full retard.

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join