It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris shooting: Several 'killed and injured after shootout' in French restaurant

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Should people not demand an end to ISIS? Explain it to me like I'm 5 because I'm not sure why it's not ok for people to stand up for their countrymen. They hate us and want to kill us. The people should stand together in a time of crisis even if the things they say sound entirely idiotic. It's just their way of saying "I'm hurt". None of those morons you knew went off and killed Taliiiiban, but they did bond about it as apart of the healing process of the red neck. Accept who they are.

Oh Christ.

Here's an idea.

How about we let investigators investigate and forensic scientists forensically science before we go bombing people. Let's also first reach out to Russia so we don't accidently bomb Russian Military assets and maybe simply coordinate with what they are currently doing.

Maybe stop giving them money so they stop creating ingenious ways of maiming and murdering innocence. Let's us the people expect real answers to what is happening in this world, instead of letting others lead you around by your heart strings.

link   
I spent three years in Strategic Air Command, my recommendation would be, we make the whole are flat, black, and silent /sarc

link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Should people not demand an end to ISIS?

The people i spoke with demand an end of the War on Terror instead.

Which would be same after all, on the long run.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

To quote William Gibson

Are you so really scared of terrorists that you'll dismantle the structures that made America what it was? If you are the terrorists win. Because that is, specifically, his goal, his only goal: to frighten you into surrendering the rule of law. That's why they call him a terrorist. He uses terrifying threats to induce you to degrade your own society. It's based on the same glitch in psychology that allows people to believe they can win the lottery. Statistically, nobody ever wins the lottery.Statistically, terrorist attacks almost never happen

edit on 13-11-2015 by slip2break because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Oh the choices.....where does one begin.

Russia assists Assad with direct military intervention and suddenly a series of terrorist attacks take place by "Syrian IsIS recruits".

Because you know, having to fight one major world power is so 1980, best get as many nations against you as once. That way, when they go to bomb you all they nations will accidently crash into each other like a Buggs Bunny cartoon.

Or they're just really really dumb. Wanna go with the latter? Ok, ISIS are dumb, so dumb they can pull off a multi prong terror attack in a 1st world country with young Syrian Refugee terrorists that must have taken months if not years of planning with an end goal of what? See how many foreign fighter jets they can get into Syria at one time?

Oh man, I just fell in love with you ... you're my kinda guy :-)

No, seriously ... this is just "so" convenient.

Think about it, Mrs. "moron" of Germany, the so called chancellor. Puts up a sign, that says "refugees welcome". And a few weeks later, this happens along with other riots in France and Germany. Just imagine, what she was "welcoming", because they're closing the borders now. Do you think its not entirely possible, that "they" were opening the gates for "specific" guests.

Oh, the irony ... it looks to me, that the western powers believe they can win Russia. Russia is now in Syria, and they want down there and are looking for the adequate reason to muster the arms and soldiers to go to Syria. Their "official" goal, is ISIS ... their real target Russia. And our leaders are willing to sacrifice a few "European" souls for the game (my sincere sympathies to the victims of this horror).

This is my point of view ... Russia is in control of the part of Syria, where oil lines go to the sea. That's a no no for NATO, that has "closed" the gas lines from Russia to Germany, and so Germany needs gas and oil. Thus the Chancellor opens the "gates" to allow some "Western mercenaries" (who are ready to sacrifice themselves for the ... and hear this ... greater good). Europe wants the middle east oil and gas, and Russia is in their way!

Now, I sincerely hope Mr. Putin is up for the task. I really hope he's ready to kick butt down there, because he's gonna need to.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yeah I was more thinking defend our borders. I do not want our government invading other countries, setting up puppet leaders, bombing villages, and raiding these people's land. That's what causes all of this. End the drone program, pull out of the mid east and let these people kill each other. Put all the money into border defense and spying. So when the attack comes we are ready. Except in that scenario no one is coming after us because we are not antagonizing anyone. Just a little snooping which is no harm no foul.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Thanks Obama

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The warlords of the middle east have been fighting since the beginning of recorded time. My solution is, we pull every western troop from the ME, give Israel what support it needs. At that point no western lives are lost.

link   
In RT it was mentioned............"it is very hard to stop such "low technology ambushes" on civilians". Agreed!

However, in UK and France, there are areas where non-muslims do not like to visit. Sharia laws and petrols are enforced in these areas.

Western governments can atleast stop such "self cultivation" of religious laws. Too much liberal approach helps in breeding bad elements.

Islamics have no right to approach any man or woman in UK, France and other places and ask them to change their attire or cosmetics etc. because they find it offensive as such practices are forbidden in their religious books written in 700AD.

These "backward minded fanatics" are trying to take over the laws of European nations and Liberal governments are sitting meek and playing the vote bank politics.

link   
Hopefully you're being sarcastic. This didn't start with Obama. Nor did it start with Bush, Clinton, the other Bush, Reagan, Carter... etc. This is a baseline that has been with us for quite a while now.....
edit on 13-11-2015 by slip2break because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

The people i spoke with demand an end of the War on Terror instead.

Which would be same after all, on the long run.

I sincerely hope so ...

And we should apologize for the horrors we allowed to be visited on the middle east, and start to rebuild the region.

That is what we should do ... but is it what our leaders want?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

That's basically what I've been reading. Like this migration hub-bub wasn't a run up to this. Intentionally no less, which is why they had it in our faces for the past month. Make sure enough people realize they're here.

The downing of the Russian passenger plane, the Putin confidant and RT creators death, and this terrorist attack are all directly related. The first two was a clear message to Russia and this is the blank check.

Seems Russia called our bluff and we called hers. What happens next?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Reminder....

Please keep your comments to those about the tragedy and the situation in France.
Avoid bickering.
You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

We don't have to carpet bomb. We have to use our expensive military technologies for exact targeting.

Put special forces on the ground. Identify targets. Take the drones and AC Gunships to take out the targets.

Build weapons specific to go after these people!

There is a lot that can be done to extinct ISIS.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: slip2break

Not sure why you would think I need that quote...

My cynical mind tends to look on how folks with power in the US, love to use these tragic events, to further erode our liberties...

For the "talking heads" to have the cajones to go on LIVE TV, and cry that they don't have ENOUGH resources and privileges available to them to prevent attacks on US soil, with the sacrifice of liberty already taken, is beyond outrageous...

..but.... it's been 14+ years since 9/11 when the first liberty grab was taken, and we have a new generation who have grown up without what was taken...

Do they feel it's time to chisel away more, knowing this?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Let's not forget that The United States has no qualms about killing innocent civilians for political motives. It is a tragedy that over a hundred innocent people have been killed in Paris.

The US has killed 30,000,000 in armed conflicts since World War II. 90% of these deaths were civilian non-combatants, people in the wrong place at the wrong time, just like the victims in Paris today. 1/3, about 9 million, of those innocent civilians were children.a reply to: BrokedownChevy

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Sadly, this is a scenario I can believe and actually get behind. The world is never as simple of a place as it might seem on first glance.

Doesn't change my statements on innocents and religious zealotry though. Nor does it address the real issues facing Europe and America in dealing with this influx of outsiders; which clearly is a genuine issue for native populations.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Sorry about that... was jumping behind your statement with

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
The warlords of the middle east have been fighting since the beginning of recorded time. My solution is, we pull every western troop from the ME, give Israel what support it needs. At that point no western lives are lost.

Let's not support Israel any more than it already has...
The middle eastern region is already volatile as it is now.
Better yet, assign a sovereign piece of land to the Palestinians, like it has been done to the Israeli's and let each of them stay within its own borders, minding their own business.
Never arm one side in a conflict without dealing with the consequences.
Better yet, never arm ANY side in a conflict which is none of your business, period.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Isis kills innocents with intent. They openly support the murder of innocent civilians. Stop trolling.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join