It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris shooting: Several 'killed and injured after shootout' in French restaurant

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: starfoxxx

Yes because they knew they were planning on tossing grenades. Yoyr hindsight is bunk.

Maybe, maybe not.. we will never know now will we?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zephyranth

No- they are thermal blankets to help with shock symptoms.
Not everything is a cover up or conspiracy.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hello all

As I am a pure Parisian , I feel at the bottom of the abyss...

7th of January with Charlie Hebdo was awful ; they attacked freedom of speech and thinking...
But tonight they tried to destroy our right to live in freedom in such a symbolic city...

But I'm certain Paris "City of Enlightenment" will resist and shine stronger against such abyssal obscurantism...

I really think that today 14th November 2015 is a totally new page in my country's history , I just want to hope it's gonna be a "gold" chapter not the first one of decadence....

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat
a reply to: Tyrion79

This is sourced from Calais Action Facebook community page. They just posted a short statement in response to all the false news reports doing the rounds. Just to bring some clarification.

Ah ok, thanks.
So it could be an attack after all if it hasn't been officially confirmed yet.

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Zephyranth

originally posted by: Necrose

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Necrose

It's possible. There are patterns to the mistakes made.

...such as ?

I am merely remarking upon his statement that it's so easy to distinguish a native speaker from "non-native English speaker"...
Frankly, I would say it's a pretty difficult thing to do in the Age of mobile phones and the utter laziness of plebs all over the world.

The vast majority of Advanced English students would surely be able to mask themselves.

I didn't want to get off-topic though, so...

Absolutely disagree. Language is the one thing that cannot be faked - no Advanced English student will be able to pose as a native English speaker. Only people raised in an English speaking country will pull it off. Even the most fluent, capable English-learner will give many, many tells during the course of even a short conversation. Language is the one, last thing, that cannot be faked.

Guess you've never met or worked with people who make their living off linguistic skills.

Or any number of intelligence fields.

Good point, but after playing games and having conversations with people from all over the world. The non-native english speakers are relatively easy to pick up in normal conversations. Often times, I can tell what english speaking area they are from, based on the slang they use. Don't want to derail the conversation, but he was talking about normal folks.

Meh. He's now extended it to people in the intelligence arena. Yea, the 19 year old first year college student playing xbox probably isn't too likely to fool anybody.

Somebody who makes their living on language? Tad bit different. But I'll concede that I misunderstood him. Though I'll point out, again, he's now included everybody, ever, from every where, in his little made up statement.

I will give you that one, I taught electronics in the Air Force for 4 years, to US troops and Foreign Nationals. I have probably spent a lot more time around non-native english speakers than most.

link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I understand that. I just mentioned that it has the added effect of covering up any blood or injury.

I have yet to see a drop of blood.

Maybe there are gallons (again, R.I.P.) I'm just saying that we should be seeing at least a small hint of carnage, and there is nothing.

link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

I totally agree as well. I fear Europe is quickly spiraling out of control though. Hopefully there is a general call to the general public for calm.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Just came over twitter.

Head of police believes all attackers are believed neutralized (dead).

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennogob
Hello all

As I am a pure Parisian , I feel at the bottom of the abyss...

7th of January with Charlie Hebdo was awful ; they attacked freedom of speech and thinking...
But tonight they tried to destroy our right to live in freedom in such a symbolic city...

But I'm certain Paris "City of Enlightenment" will resist and shine stronger against such abyssal obscurantism...

I really think that today 14th November 2015 is a totally new page in my country's history , I just want to hope it's gonna be a "gold" chapter not the first one of decadence....

You have the support of this American.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I can't believe Bob Baer, God :/ He used to be my hero. I guess I'm a slow learner.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennogob
My sympathies. I can only hope that our Parliament will let us stand with you.

Aux armes, citoyens,
Formez vos bataillons,
Marchons, marchons !
Qu'un sang impur
Abreuve nos sillons !

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I understand that. I just mentioned that it has the added effect of covering up any blood or injury.

Maybe there are gallons (again, R.I.P.) I'm just saying that we should be seeing at least a small hint of carnage, and there is nothing.

Than open you eyes. It is pooling out from under the blankets.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Than open you eyes. It is pooling out from under the blankets.

Been watching 3 hours now. Haven't seen it.

There should be Beslan-like scenes at many, many places.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Somewhat related...

on FNC, James Kallstrom (Former Deputy Director FBI), wants end to sanctuary cities, more FBI manpower( believes they are thousands short), and wants all of the NSA tools reinstated... said the reason that our Congress hasn't done anything about the above, is that we haven't enough loss of life...

^^^ me paraphrasing of course on the fly, but I think I am correct in relaying the words, I am sure someone will post a clip of it somewhere...

On topic, My thoughts and prayers go out to the folks in France, especially those who were lost and their families and friends.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Scroll through the pics and look a little closer this time.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

link   
its not as easy to pull these types of attack off in a country as large as America where you have concealed carry and large population of gun ownership...A single person with a gun on their person can really thwart the attack or buy enough time for police to arrive and contain the situation...That increases greatly with the number of gun owners in a given area...This is likely why the mainstream sensational gun crimes we see on the news always happen in gun free zones...

Why France? Don't know but obviously you always have a better chance burning down a house in a dry climate vs wet one....know what I'm saying? Easy pickings...

If a similar event does ever happen in the US. It will be after we are disarmed or gun ownership and use are heavily restriced in my opinion....I think other methods will be used instead though....

reply to: neoholographic

link   
I'm off to bed it's 3 a.m here.
What a testament to ATS that so many people compiled what they could from all sources during what has been a very difficult evening.
ATS at it's best.

Vive la France!
edit on 13-11-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

link   
Sympathies to all effected.

Interesting, one of the heads of the CIA during the Bush administration is on tv in America. He is assuming that these people "met in Mosks" and is suggesting an "increase in surveillance "

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
God. Dammit.

Seriously. I HATE this kind of crap. May the suffering be taken from the people of Paris as soon as possible. This is just horrible.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

edit on 13-11-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join