It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IARPA interested in Research - Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Heard of DARPA?

It's similar to that... IARPA - the Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity. There is a thread on IARPA here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
From Wiki:

The Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA) is a United States research agency under the Director of National Intelligence's responsibility. In January 2008, Lisa Porter, an administrator at NASA with experience at DARPA, was appointed director[1] of the activity formed in 2006 from the National Security Agency's Disruptive Technology Office (NSA DTO), the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency’s National Technology Alliance and the Central Intelligence Agency’s Intelligence Technology Innovation Center.

Anyway... researchers at IARPA have reached out to a business partner and close friend of mine who is highly involved in research in medicinal cannabinoid treatment. This friend of mine, let's call him Bill, has his own medical consulting firm that connects patients with physicians who can prescribe these types of medicines (typically they are transdermal gels, some edibles, and then the oils and actual plant itself).

Bill has specialized a few techniques for extracting cannabinoids from the plant matter - he has also found ways to isolate certain cannabinoids (such as CBD - which does not give the "high" effects", but still has other medicinal uses - and can also be given to pets and children). The business entity has been granted a Federal Schedule 1 Exemption so he can conduct his research and do what he does. Here's the website if you are curious and want to know more: [removed - sorry]

To get back to why I'm making a thread on this --- IARPA wants to work with Bill on his research, but (obviously) want more than just to be involved - they want to call the shots. Bill has said he isn't interested, at least not in the time being since he is traveling a lot and figuring out new potential business ventures in New England and California. Last time they contacted him was over a year ago, but since turning them down the first time the re-approached him 2 weeks ago.

I am just curious about if anyone here on ATS has thoughts on IARPA's involvement in "medicines" or mind-altering substances, and if there is any factors/possibilities as to how they even found out about Bill and his work in the first place (Bill hasn't published writings in public journals or been in the press, it just seemed odd that they contacted him out of the blue). Thoughts?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Wiki on IARPA: en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 13-11-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
People high wont fight

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rajas

Lol well a lot of the medicine my friend works with doesn't even get you high - but do have the effects of inducing hunger and sleepiness (helpful for cancer patients, people with eating or G.I. issues, etc.)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

effects of inducing hunger

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: rajas

To go along with your 2nd post "People fat can't run (or fight)" lol I HOPE not

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Your post gave me chills. But what I know would seem to have more significance for Big Pharma than government intelligence...

What I've learned from my research -- and what your friend probably already knew! -- is the integral part cannabinoids play in activating and fueling our bodies' immune systems, including against infections and even cancer. There is research going back to the 1950s (at least), so it's not new information; although more recent research found that our bodies have receptors that respond specifically to cannabinoids, including the Cannabinoid Receptor 2, which releases monocytes (white blood cells) when activated by certain cannabinoids. THC is just one of many cannabinoids, with its own healing qualities. But the non-psychoactive cannabinoids -- like cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabigerol (CBG) -- have tremendous healing powers as well. Industrial hemp is virtually THC free, but very high in CBGs. People like your friend are working like crazy to put the new research to good use, developing new strains with higher concentrations of certain cannabinoids for specific healing effects, finding ways to create better delivery methods -- oils, tinctures, salves, etc.

I see this as a greater interest of (and threat to) Big Pharma than government intelligence though, because this humble plant alone could bring down Big Pharma's house of cards. Imagine people being able to grow their own healing tonic, make their own medicine, heal virtually every disease... HIV, antibiotic-resistant infections, even cancer! That would truly be a game changer.

Perhaps your friend is too good at what he's doing and someone wants to control/re-direct his research so it's not so successful? Perhaps they know something and they don't want him to find it out? Perhaps they want control (the patent) for whatever comes of his research?

Remember Dr. Bradstreet and other holistic doctors that were dying/suicided? Their focus was on attacking "nagalase," a component of cancer, autisim, HIV and other infections, which the CBGs and CBDs also successfully fight. Perhaps it's all related somehow?

Just some thoughts... not very well thought out! So take it with a grain of salt and a shot of tequila

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I really appreciate your post. I'd like to send you a message after this to pick your brain more about this.

Big Pharma has been very interested in "buying him out" too, Pfizer is one of the bigger names that have approached him. He's worked with a Senator, a Governor, and several organizations that are involved in the world of BIG money and influence.

He is extremely devoted and dead set on the fact that he doesn't want to give up control over the research, or accept funding or anything like that UNLESS those behind it have the same goals as he does, which are to provide people with helpful medicines and NOT to just turn people into customers or take advantage of them. This has pissed a lot of people/organizations off and places like Pfizer and individual "investors" are beginning to get a bit too pushy.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

He is extremely devoted and dead set on the fact that he doesn't want to give up control over the research, or accept funding or anything like that UNLESS those behind it have the same goals as he does, which are to provide people with helpful medicines and NOT to just turn people into customers or take advantage of them. This has pissed a lot of people/organizations off and places like Pfizer and individual "investors" are beginning to get a bit too pushy.

I appreciate and admire your friend's integrity and principled position. Anything that helps people take better care of themselves and better provide for their needs is a noble endeavor and makes him a hero in my book.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I suspect you "friend" will shortly be involved in an "unfortunate" incident!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

That's really strange.

Usually these organizations put out a call for proposals, and then select among the many applicants. Academics doing research need money.

Why would an organization seek somebody out, and not explain the interest? Sometimes a program manager might make a directed non-competitive grant I guess, but that would be with a researcher he/she really trusted and had long-term experience working with.

Honestly, this sounds like some kind of FBI/DEA drug sting, to see if the guy would accidentally open up about federally-illegal recreational "research" or something like that over drinks at the bar.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I was part of an IARPA study once. How to use your news cycle to influence future probability and perceptions.
Seemed to have applications to social media, AI bots, propaganda, disinformation, militarization of intelligence, exposure of intelligence networks through nearest neighbor analysis about who does or does not possess insider knowledge. Based on future markets betting on probability outcomes, influence and news feeds. Made me realize how compromised NPR is and how it is channeling intelligence protocols. Think Syria, Libya, Egypt, Green Revolution, Anonymous, NGO agencies.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Research is their middle name. Literally.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: cryptic0void

Thanks for sharing your experience Cryptic - I was particularly interested in this bit:

Made me realize how compromised NPR is and how it is channeling intelligence protocols.

Can you please explain what you mean by NPR being compromised and the "channeling" of intelligence protocols??? (I also listen to NPR a lot)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
We were asked what channel (news feed) we preferred for the study.
One of the futures betting markets was the question where was Qaddafi during his final days.
Our market concluded, and the statement was; "we do not know where Qaddafi is"
which had won the betting.
A day or so later Obama on NPR stated "we do not know where Qaddafi is"
This means to me that the future market predicted that those with no special relation with those with knowledge such as the public and foreign governments did not know.
But Obama knew (his intelligence brief). At that point his executive team was briefed (my guess) that the public would believe the probability of the statement.
Qaddafi was obviously being tracked and under cover of a mob action a CIA asset moved in and executed him as we did not want him revealing the knowledge he had gained as a head of state with the attending intelligence relationships with Washington to the Russians or to the public of his own country.
A classic propaganda and covert action ploy using social media and future markets analysis to craft a news cycle that shaped and influenced the outcome of events using NPR as a propaganda feed.
Look to NPR and it's reporting on Syria as well as coverage of "anonymous" a few years ago to see direct propaganda elements.
My guess is there is a secret determination to use a nationally funded asset for national defense purposes. They seemed to have lost all independence at about the same time they were hijacked by a competing rightist political faction within their broadcast administration.
edit on 20-11-2015 by cryptic0void because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: cryptic0void

WOW - you could make an amazing thread just on that topic alone.

It does make perfect sense, using something like NPR as a vehicle by which to "report" on important issues.

It sounds like you have some interesting work experience. Thanks for contributing this eye-opening info. Very much appreciated cryptic0void!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Your very welcome!

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Interesting story. Thanks for sharing.

Most likely they are probably interested in his research to find mind altering compounds, alertness, hunger, etc. I saw a study not to long ago that suggests that a cannabis high is very similar to a runners high and affects the same region of the brain. So the government is probably looking to develop safer drugs for wartime use, sort of how the Nazi's used meth.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Make sure your friend hides a copy of his notes somewhere that you or someone else will be able to find, lest he mysteriously have a "heart attack" (or suddenly decide to commit suicide via three gunshots to the back of the head, while drugged on Morphine and with his hands cuffed behind his back) and his research is conveniently "lost".

This might be full-tinfoil, but if he's already been contacted under supposedly weird circumstances by a government agency like IARPA and had offers by big pharma incorporated, then it's probably better safe than sorry.
edit on 22/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

new topics

top topics

join