It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold truth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
First of all I would like you to define what is called "cold truth" for me and share how you feel when encountered with it. How does it make you feel? Does it bring joy in your heart or does it give you the feeling of how I would define it, being mentally unstable.

What I seem to be aiming at is this. Do you consider what is called "cold truth" to be constructive? Is there any way to handle something as "cold truth"? Does it bring you any further on your path to selfawareness or does it bring your path to selfawareness to a halt?

What is your opinion on reason?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ladybug201

Is this about global warming?

The cold truth is that its going to get colder.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Cold Truth is a band from Nashville TN, who plays a mix of classic and southern style rock. Oh wait...sorry.

Cold truth: "Cold, hard, fact". Indisputable truth.

If it's truth. It's good, whether we like it or don't like it. I would rather know the truth of a matter, than not. But most "cold truth" isn't truth at all. It is just opinion labeled as truth.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: NowWhat

The cold truth is that its going to get colder.

Yes, it's almost winter.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I think we would kill everything on this planet

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I think the phrase is stone cold truth, but I may be wrong. Anyways, it means an absolute truth, right ? So , a good example would be Ben Carson's recent revelation about the pyramids being built to hold grain.....everyone agrees with that !!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Sort of down to semantics this one - then once you've cleared that up you need to know if it is a positive truth or a negative truth.

With regards to self awareness - it all depends what the cold truth is. If the truth is "My car is broken and I will need to pay to fix it." Then that will not likely increase self awareness.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
We don't know which religion is the one
We don't know if God is and what, who, how he is
We don't know who's REALLY in command in the elite, if there is such a thing
We don't know if history is true
We don't know where we come from and where we are going

Many people have faith in their version of the truth
The only cold hard truth I know is that we don't know the truth...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Objective truth is hard to handle since there is no subjective place to hide when you want to be a hypocrite. Especially if you like me was completely ignorant of reality by the conditioning by my environment and the change of perspective was extreme.

Many souls cannot handle the objective pure truth that shows what is, instead of what you want to be. Ignorance can be a bliss.
edit on 13-11-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I like the way Churchill put it:

"The Truth is heavy, therefore few care to carry it" ~ Winston Churchill

Truth is actually a person:

“Jesus said I'm the truth, truth is not a teaching, truth is a person…” ~ Jan Sjoerd Pasterkamp

Jesus said: ‘I AM the truth’...

“I am the way, the TRUTH, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” ~ John 14:6

Truth is not a thing for which we must search, but a Person to whom we must hearken! In the New Testament, multitudes came to Jesus for physical help, but only rarely did one seek Him out to learn the Truth. The whole picture in the gospels is one of a seeking Savior, not one of seeking men. The Truth was hunting for those who would receive it, and relatively few did, for "many are called, but few are chosen." ~ A.W. Tozer

When Jesus said “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” he was not making any general statements about the power of truth to improve the quality of our lives in any generic sense.

In other words, Jesus is not suggesting that the phrase, “Yes, those pants DO make your butt look remarkably huge” has any power to set us free. Truthful statements are not what makes us free. If that’s what Jesus meant he would have said, “Speaking the truth sets you free” or “Hearing truthful facts will make you free.” But that’s not what he said. He said, “You will know the truth and the truth will make you free.”

So, what was Jesus implying? He was saying that Truth is a person, not a statement or a fact.

He makes it much clearer when He says:

“I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)

See? Jesus is the Truth. The truth is a person. Not a fact. Not a statement. The truth is a living, breathing person that you and I must get to know. Why would we want to get to know this person? Because if we know this person, He will set us free. How do we know Him? We start to follow Him and become a disciple. We become someone who actually tries to put his teachings into practice in our lives. Then we will know him, and then we will be set free because we have entered into a relationship with the truth. “So, if the son sets you free, you will be free, indeed.” (John 8:36)

TRUTH IS A PERSON

We know that God is Truth (Ps.31:5). We know that Jesus is the Truth (Jn.14:6). We know that the Holy Spirit is Truth (Jn.14:17). In fact, He leads us in all Truth (Jn.16:13). So then why are we suffering from Truth decay? Because we have exchanged the real Truth for the lies of the enemy (Rom.1:25). It is much easier to live a lie than live the Truth.

What is truth? Jesus declared, "Thy Word is Truth." (Jn.17:17) There is no other Truth than what is written in His Word. And it is all the Truth we need. It is part of our armor (Eph.6:19) and it is the only way we can enter into worship (Jn.4:24).

Sometime, somewhere you have heard someone say, "There are two kinds of truth, " or perhaps, "There is the truth that hurts and the truth that hurts others." People speak of relative truth or the absence of truth. There is the "cold hard truth," and "intellectual truth." But all we really need is THE Truth...God, Himself.
Amen and amen.

TRUTH DECAY

I believe this is the reason why those who tell the truth are universally disliked...

The man who tells the truth is universally disliked by every person because every person has an agenda and is hiding behind a fantasy which the truth penetrates like an arrow and leaves him stripped naked before the whole universe, and he does not like that." ~ Milton William Cooper

edit on 13-11-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Objective truth is hard to handle since there is no subjective place to hide when you want to be a hypocrite. Especially if you like me was completely ignorant of reality by the conditioning by my environment and the change of perspective was extreme.

Many souls cannot handle the objective pure truth that shows what is, instead of what you want to be. Ignorance can be a bliss.

Hi, I sent you a private message LittlebyLittle.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Okay, I'll bite.

I would like you to define what is called "cold truth" for me

I have no idea what is called "cold truth" for you

and share how you feel when encountered with it.

Oh - when I've encountered what it is 'for me', though..right?

Well, let's see. When I was burying my beloved deceased pets.
Also when my dad died.
Also realizing the facts of other very painful circumstances.

How does it make you feel? Does it bring joy in your heart
No. It makes me feel like crap.

or does it give you the feeling of how I would define it,

don't know how you would define it..........

being mentally unstable.
Oh.

No - it just makes me feel and realize that I am human. Feeling emotionally overwhelmed, sure - yeah - but, that's not really the same as "mentally unstable."

Is that what you are aiming at?

What I seem to be aiming at is this.

I'd prefer to know what you ARE aiming at. Not just what you SEEM TO BE aiming at. If it's all the same to you.

Do you consider what is called "cold truth" to be constructive?

Definitely a learning experience. Painful, but pertinent.

Is there any way to handle something as "cold truth"?

Yes. Deep breathing (called square breathing) where you focus on your breaths - slowly draw in a breath as you count to four - hold it for four - slowly exhale as you count four again - then, rest for four.
Repeat.

Does it bring you any further on your path to selfawareness
Yes.

or does it bring your path to selfawareness to a halt?

No. A halt is when a person dissociates - when they retreat entirely, and refuse to acknowledge what is happening in their lives.

Dealing with what comes, and letting it wash through and over you, while you focus on your breathing, mindfully, is how you grow.
What comes isn't always fun or pleasant. Still a valuable lesson, though. We have to learn to deal with whatever moments that come.

I think reason is AWESOME!!!

edit on 11/13/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

the most reliable tool for arriving at any semi-objective (or purely objective) conclusion.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Great, what does semi-objectivity or pure objectivity serve as a purpose?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Hi ladybug. Truth is identity, or that which exists. If you don't believe in logic, you don't believe in truth. If you don't believe in logic you may as well not even speak, because you've implicitly undermined any positoin you could possibly take. I don't know what "cold truth"' is, but I know what truth is. The truth is never a bad thing, but sometimes just having part of the truth can be! Believe it or not, you can never understand something fully and be depressed or anxous about it, so if you find yourself in these kinds of states, the only way out of it is through it. Besides, the MEANING of any event(such as the realization of a fact) is ours to decide, isn't it? Make sure to make that meaning empowering. The question may eventually arise in you head, "are there moments in which it's rational to be irrational?" After all, you may come to the conclusion that that's the only way to maintain any kind of rationaltiy at all! The answer to the question is no, but trust in something higher isn't inherently irrational and I recommend that you do. Besides, there are logical reasons to believe in something higher, eternal and wonderful anyway. Consider this.

All things completely optimal are completely logical.
The universe is completely logical.
Therefore, the universe is optimal.

That isn't to say stop seeking, for it is only when you fully discover the truth that you realize the "optimalness" of things, things won't be optimal to the degree that you live a lie. And I do mean optimal in the positive, everyday sense.
Do take care Ladybug.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Thetan

"If you don't believe in logic, you don't believe in truth." I disagree and claim this to be the doctrine of the reasoning man.

Everything in the mind of man is logical yes, but to what extent does this logic fruit into good deeds? I'll give an example. This person hurt my feelings, I should beat him up. Logic, yes, but progressive?

You all see we don't need to be reasoning people. Reason builded the cage which holds you captive from life. Reason is the obeyer of man. Don't you want to be free.
edit on 14-11-2015 by Ladybug201 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
But it isn't logical to beat someone up just because they hurt your feelings.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Yes, you might be right. Is it logical to jail someone for having stolen a wallet?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ladybug201

Yes, you might be right. Is it logical to jail someone for having stolen a wallet?

No, not as a first offence

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Notice how you're trying to reason with me?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join