It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychedelic Pluto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Psychedelic Pluto

New Horizons scientists made this false color image of Pluto using a technique called principal component analysis to highlight the many subtle color differences between Pluto's distinct regions. The image data were collected by the spacecraft’s Ralph/MVIC color camera on July 14 at 11:11 AM UTC, from a range of 22,000 miles (35,000 kilometers). This image was presented by Will Grundy of the New Horizons’ surface composition team on Nov. 9 at the Division for Planetary Sciences (DPS) meeting of the American Astronomical Society (AAS) in National Harbor, Maryland.

So check it out. NASA just released this false color picture of Pluto to highlight all the color differences on the planet. APPARENTLY the dwarf-planet was secretly a hippie. Check out that deadbeat planet! No wonder it couldn't muster up the mass to become a full blown planet. It was probably sneaking off to go smoke pot in the bathroom while all the other planets where busy collecting mass. Lol jk. Cool picture though.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I guess you could say that Pluto is... Far out man. Sorry, that wast terrible.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If all planets looked like this more students would be interested in them. Like some kind of mix-flavored ice cream cone.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Color that rainbow! Is a quote i always use

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I like it because it adds some depth to those bland grey looking pictures we always get of Pluto.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It is almost like if it had a "Band Structure" and chakras.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm still wondering what it would actually look like out the window of a spaceship parked about that far out in orbit. It's pretty far from the sun, so it should be pretty dark, and without a lot of color. Still, against the black of space, it might stand out pretty brightly, like our own moon.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I'm still wondering what it would actually look like out the window of a spaceship parked about that far out in orbit. It's pretty far from the sun, so it should be pretty dark, and without a lot of color. Still, against the black of space, it might stand out pretty brightly, like our own moon.

Pluto is approximately as bright as a winter landscape on Earth a little while before the sunrise or after sunset (called "Pluto hour").

Pluto is reddish in colour, due to tholins covering it. Here's an approximately true-colour image:

edit on 14-11-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join