It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motorhead drummer Philthy Animal Taylor has died aged 61

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
One of my main influences to pick up the sticks was Phil Taylor , the man was one of the best drummers on the scene in the late 70s / 80s in my opinion.
Today is another sad day for me as a hero of the skins passes to the great gig in the sky , thanks for the inspiration Phil.

Give em hell.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I guess finally he drew the...

I bet you knew that was comin'?

A good day to die, Friday the 13th for Philthy Animal!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Aye was a bit sad to read that last night and he was only 61 and yet the likes of Keith Richards & Mick Jagger still jog on despite the crap they've put their bodies through. Such a great pity used to love Motorhead in me headbanging days.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
One of the first Heavy Metal Bands my brother made me listen to. Over and over again. Thank you big brother!

RIP. Sad day.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
One of my main influences to pick up the sticks was Phil Taylor , the man was one of the best drummers on the scene in the late 70s / 80s in my opinion.
Today is another sad day for me as a hero of the skins passes to the great gig in the sky , thanks for the inspiration Phil.

Give em hell.

Damn G! We only seem to cross paths on 'so and so just died' threads.

Tonight I'll be digging out the live overkill album and getting nostalgic.

He was like a drumming barbarian. Great musician.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It's a sad truth mate , these threads do seem to come more often these days as our old hero's pass.
I discovered Motorhead at the end of my Punk rock period and they are now indelibly imprinted into my psyche , I had the bullet belt and drank Special Brew because I wanted to be in that band , Phil was a power drummer and I think your description of him as a drumming barbarian is spot on the money , I think he would approve.

Overkill is a great album and a good choice to pay tribute to the man.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

It's funny. As my laptop was shutting down today there was a photo of young Motorhead. I thought, 'I hope Lemmy hasn't kicked it.' Now I know.

I used to have Bomber on blue vinyl and a couple of singles on red. Also Whats Wordsworth, the crappest bootleg tape I've heard to this day. Few albums etc.

The heroes are fading but the music lives forever 😎😎

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

No offence Gortex, but your threads usually make me feel old.

Another fine musician gone - RIP. I remember taping Motorhead off the radio (does that make me really old? )

edit on 13-11-2015 by beansidhe because: eek

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Thanks for the video beansidhe , what a show that must have been , nice to see Phil Lynott there too another of my all time hero's.

new topics

top topics

join