It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for GOP panic? Establishment worried Carson or Trump might win

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

In another way, this all reminds me of a "Human Chess Match" (I used to participate in those!).... not much different than pro wrestling, really.

Knight jumps Queen.

More like "Tell me how my horsey moves again?"

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

naw, more like troll jumps knight.
pirate jumps executioner.

Did that one just go right over your wig?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I think a good percentage of the GOP base already knows that.

If we're going to wind with Jeb no matter what, then why do you think the GOP establishment is so worried? The only possible reason is because the numbers are making it impossible for them to game the system and make his nomination at all plausible as a real result of the people's choice.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No, hun. I just wanted to make the point.

edit on 11/13/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

Well, kinda.

edit on 11/13/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yes and how many of us here argue that only way to stop this is to curtail the power of the body that makes law and writes regulation ... but NO all of us are CRAZY if we suggest it and we want to feed lead to babies and kill everyone else.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I think Bush may have originally been the choice of the big money GOP establishment but all the reports I've seen recently say a lot of the big donors still have not committed and are waiting to see how things sort out.

That's where talk of Romney is not completely out of the question as he could still raise money even at this late date.

Some of the conventional thinking is that because of how the primaries are structured if candidates can just hang on until later the process favors less radical candidates in the long haul.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Crazy verse crazy.

Hillary likely already looking at new wall paper for the white house.

You guys have really stuffed up with your government

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes and how many of us here argue that only way to stop this is to curtail the power of the body that makes law and writes regulation ... but NO all of us are CRAZY if we suggest it and we want to feed lead to babies and kill everyone else.

And no one in the GOP except maybe Rand Paul will do that any more than the democrats.

The GOP might not be big for welfare and social spending but hell they like racking up the big government and debt in war, prison industrial complex, war on drugs, domestic spying, over inflated military, foreign "aid" or in Trumps case giant walls....

Hell even if Rand or a candidate who DOES want to scale back the government gets in it wont mater. The machines in motion! The president is not a dictator. If you get get a anti establishment president he will just end up a lame duck president when the establishment congress and the supreme court block everything there lobbyists tell them too.
edit on 13-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Reminder....

This is the topic:
Time for GOP panic? Establishment worried Carson or Trump might win

So, please stick to it, and not discuss each other or chess.....You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

We're going to end up with a Bush vs. Clinton race, aren't we?

NNNnnooooOOOOOooooo!!!!
Pleasegodnopleasegodnopleasegodno.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

This is why I believe most people are out of their minds in actually voting for a President based on issues. Being President is less about a personal agenda and more about being a leader. Set a direction, get Congress to follow it, and get a few things towards that direction implemented while you're in office. About the only policy from a President that actually matters is foreign policy and that's because it's pretty much 100% at the feet of the executive branch.

This is why someone like Trump is such a poor candidate. Trump has always acted like a dictator in business, he uses the power he has by being the one who is signing checks to force compliance. Disagreeing with him on anything, even from his upper management is the best way to be out of a job. Trump doesn't lead in a way that's actually transferable to a democratic process.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Kassich is the candidate the Republicans should be pushing, no bad family vibes, and is a fairly moderate guy.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Kassich is the candidate the Republicans should be pushing, no bad family vibes, and is a fairly moderate guy.

I think Kasich has a good chance if he can hang in there, primaries especially early primaries tend to favor extremes. It's a similar strategy to what Bush is aiming for. As long as he can stay high enough to continue to qualify for debates he's in a good spot. A moderates position only improves over time where as the fringe gets less and less palatable to mainstream voters the longer things go on.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: kosmicjack

I think Trump would beat Hillary. I'm not so sure about Carson. Then again, who would have thought a community organizer no one heard of with a paper thin resume would have been elected President. Heck, I remember most the black political puppets were in Hillary's pocket in 2008. Remember, Jesse Jackson talking about cutting Obama's nuts off?

The GOP base has spoken loud and clear that we don't want anything to do with Bush or any of the establishment flunkies.

There is no way in hell that Donald Trump could ever become president. It's a joke.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

IMO Trump has already peaked in the polls. Interestingly Carson doesn't appear to have done so just yet. Trump could well chose to run as a interdependent when the main event rolls around. In 2008 Obama's professionally run and brutal primary campaign knew when to stoke the boilers to raise steam and when to let the fire cool down without going out. Trump's campaign has build up steam to quickly and will have none left for when it counts the most.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: somnum

Likewise Hillary. Surely there is not a person alive with an IQ so low they would vote for such a fake like Hillary Clinton.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join